[MOD] SOUNDS OF WAR - a comprehensive sound overhaul (beta release)

apologize. I got it mixed up. It’s a revolver “Colt new service”

This is a nice mod, are you doing this by yourself?, if you want to I could help you out with this mod.
regardless its a fantastic mod, keep up the good work.
I do think you should start adding other sounds like the bullet hitting objects, machine gun nest sound effects, etc.
also maybe a slight anti tank weapon overhaul

Yes, I am doing this by myself. In older versions of the mod I replaced machine gun nests sound, but there were audio issues I need to figure out, so they are vanilla again. As for bullet impacts, I could do those, though the vanilla sounds were always fine to me, so I’m not sure how I could replace them and make them better.

The mod already includes anti-tank weapon sound overhauls, is it not working for you?

I know the anti tank rifle has been changed it just doesn’t sound right

hmm I see, I’ll see if I have other sounds to use

I tested both USA revolvers and they seem fine, its weird

cooler ppsh

3 Likes

Very good

sorry if its rude to ask but did you find any other sounds for anti tank rifles
and when do you think the next update will drop

dunno, i’ve been busy lately, if you would like to exclude the anti tank rifle sounds for now, you can delete the ww2_weapon_antivehicle.assets.bank from your ‘mod’ folder and continue to use the other sounds

im planning on doing a 2nd pass through the sounds and changing some im not particularly fond of, i think i will be changing the m1 and m2 carbine sounds and perhaps the Sten gun sounds too

if there are any weapons nobody has mentioned before that you think i did a bad job on, let me know

3 Likes

i obviously had said before i think the anti tank rifles don’t sound right (I’m specifically talking about the soviet versions)

but the Mauser pistol needs a rework aswell, it sounds completely off

also the silencer weapons sounds are missing

please make sure you are using the 3.6 version, the suppressed weapon sounds were fixed in that patch but i forgot to add it to the patch notes

i am using the 3.6 version, it must be a bug

what weapon do you specifically use? I use the suppressed erma SMG and that works fine on my end

the soviet gold suppressed sniper and revolver

ahh yes, i forgot about those, i think i know how to fix it

btw when you fix this bug, make sure the weapons aren’t too quiet as it isn’t realistic or what suppressors are for

It seems like my mod is causing problems with the new april 1st update, I am working on fixes right now!

Here’s version 3.7 and whats different

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD 3.7

FIXED:
Silent zombie sounds in the new 4/1/2024 update
Suppressed russian weapons not having sounds

CHANGED:
New sounds for C96 mauser
New sounds for P08, Hamada type 1 and type 2 pistols
New sounds for PTRS and Type 97 ATR

2 Likes