[MOD] SOUNDS OF WAR - a comprehensive sound overhaul (beta release)

Browning heavy machine gun. U.S.A. it is being built by an engineer

there is no sound if you listen from the side

i see, you can remove the mgun bank file for now if you would like to continue to use the pistol and rifle sounds

“good. I hope you will fix this soon. I really like your super mod

1 Like

pps sounds good or nah?

4 Likes

im uploading the new version now, the bugs should be gone

version 3.5 of the soundpack is here, click here to download.

FIXES:
reverted the m2 browning sounds in 3rd person to fix silent shooting, temporary fix
fixed explosions making the game go quiet

CHANGES:
changed the m41 carcano / scotti X to sound a lot nicer

ADDITIONS:
PPS 42 and PPS 43
RD-44
all mosin rifles + m/28 rifle

I tried to change the MG42 sound again but I seriously just cannot make it sound good, I don’t want to release a half-assed sound for the MG42 for the sake of changing it

1 Like

Ive been working on the MG-42 for like 20 hours lol I hate how every gun seems to have a different audio file layout. I HATE how the mg-42 fires like an awkward 2 shots before the full auto loop kicks in. Im pulling my hair out at this point but ive gone too far to stop now.

1 Like

so when the mg42 fires in full auto, i believe every gun shot is 64ms long

wonder if i could replace the single fire shots and the loop sounds with just a quick 64ms shot

It seems like it fires 2 of those “mg42_body_1” shots before the full auto loop kicks in. And those 2 starting shots are for some reason at an entirely different audio level than the full auto loop. Matching those 2 shots to the full auto loop is super tough. The timing needs to be literally PERFECT and the audio also needs to be perfect for it to sound right. Its a struggle.

Thanks for the update. I love you

hmm, im not sure if the fix for the m2 browning works as well as i thought, either that or i uploaded the wrong file, sorry about that

1 Like

I will wait for the correction

the new type 100 LMG might have 3rd person audio issues because it fires 2 bullets at once

very sorry. Your sound mod is the best among all

I have just finished making a new 3.6 version that should fix both the type 100 LMG and the browning m2 sounds. This version should be bug free

Here is version 3.6, it contains bug fixes, there are no new additions or changes.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Fixes:
Fixed Type 100 LMG being silent in 3rd person
Fixed browning M2 sounds being silent in 3rd person (reverted to vanilla for now)

If you experience any issues, or any crashes, let me know as soon as possible.

1 Like

thank you very much!!!

I found another bug: a British revolver that lies on the table in practice, its sound is interrupted when fired

Interesting, can you discover the name for me? There are 2 british revolvers