[MOD] SOUNDS OF WAR - a comprehensive sound overhaul (beta release)

Weapon type recognition is working very well right now. I always understand what kind of weapon is firing.
The only thing that sounds nicer in bigote is mg42

maybe i could ask @Bigote0070 for his permission to implement his red orchestra MG42 sound into my mod, i tried many times to do the mg42 myself and i couldnt get it to sound pleasant

3 Likes

Yo! was thinkin over what sounds could use improvement and after playing a bit of each nation, I figured the Carcano sound and the semi auto sounds could use some doin. Compared to the rest of the rifles the carcano sounds more theatric than the other realistic rifle sounds and the semi autos seem to be missing some echo or reverb, resulting in a muted report. If’n you’d like I could go over this with you on discord for a better uhhhh analysis

thanks for the feedback, the carcano sound i originally used kinda sucked imo so i think i might have overcompensated for that when redoing it, as for the other semi autos, i tried to keep their sounds on the short end due to their higher rof, if too many sounds play at once due to longer sound length then the game audio will bug out, but i will see what i can do

1 Like

slammin

Sir, will you update the mod in the future?

lol funny, im working on an update right now

@Bigote0070 was able to help me with the MG42 sounds

2 Likes

Glad to help my friend

what trick do you do to make this sound good at very high ROF? i need to do similar things with the PPD or other high ROF guns to make them sound nice

also, i see that darkflow added sounds for the rpk1943 and 24/27 lmg, but i dont own either of them and im saving my gold orders, so for now im not confident with messing with them

if there’s a custom map someone can link me to that has them placed then i will do some work on them

You need a weapon that has the same RoF or edit a weapon on mod editor, but does not use loop files

the gun sounds i have are all single shot sounds, i have to make the loops myself

btw @Bigote0070 while im updating my mod i noticed they added new explosion sounds for rockets, if our banks are not up to date then the missing sounds can cause crashes, i think another user was crashing and he said he was using your mod, so i would be sure to update your ww2_weapon_mgun.assets.bank and cmn_fx_impact.assets.bank files

brooo this is some good stuff!!!

1 Like

https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/zlixf4ciH2mbfNXk/

UPDATE 4.1:

ADDED:
MG42
MG42 early
MG45
New, higher quality air raid siren

CHANGED:
Adjusted audio on the Mosin

FIXED:
Missing sounds on new BP guns
Missing rocket sounds
Missing 3rd person T20 rifle sounds (hopefully)

4 Likes

Thank you, I am very glad to see that the work on the mod continues. You are the best

1 Like

it was probably the explosion mod (i dont update it on the site)

updating

i was going to add more guns to the update but the sound banks were outdated and could cause a very rare crash so i pushed it out the door quicker, but i still need to do the MP35, MAB 38, PPD

2 Likes

MG 42 sound is weird for me after mod update - tank version seems fine, but handheld MG 42 sounds off.

@Bigote0070 is there another mg42 sound file in the tank folder? any idea why it sounds different?