[MOD] SOUNDS OF WAR - a comprehensive sound overhaul (beta release)

if i had to make a guess, maybe the tank files only use the singleshot sound of the mg42 while the infantry mg42 uses the fire loop

i thought it sounds good to my ears, should i try to make adjustments?

(btw i do not mean this as an insult, but look up OBS studio, it is a free recording software but does not have a watermark like bandicam, its extremely popular)

it sound different why different rpm+ game apply a audio filter for tank mg42

I’m deleting the old versions of the mod from my Mega account as all new uploads will be on the official sandbox page. Old versions of the mod are incomplete, and can cause crashes because they do not have sounds for new guns, so I don’t want people to get a poor impression by accidentally using a version from months ago

3 Likes

the new siren sound is amazing!

1 Like

glad ya like it :+1: the sound was sourced from day of infamy and i think it sounds a bit more… old fashioned? like what you might hear in the 1940s?

2 Likes

I also really liked the new siren sound.

Great job on the mod. Please keep up the good work. :upside_down_face:

your praise means a lot to me, i am glad to be giving back to the community

3 Likes

So from what i can tell the MG-42 is a bitch / near impossible to properly mod because

A) The Co-Ax guns use the same audio as the infantry version however for some reason it doesnt go into the full auto loop, so you either need to make the infantry one sound good or the vehicle one. Ive been trying to make the MG-42 sound good for WEEKS and i can quite get it ( side not, bigotes mg-42 co-ax audio is also busted on his newest version )

B) the RPM on the co-ax is MUCH slower than the infantry version, which is one more reason why the audio always sounds different.

C) the full auto loop on the infantry version doesnt kick in till the gun fires 2 shots from the single shot audio. This is also a bitch because its near impossible to get the audio / timing right for those first 2 shots to flow into the full auto loop.

I think the MG-42 needs an overhaul from the actual devs as its one of the oldest guns in the game and has probably been somewhat forgotten by the devs. Again thats fine if thats the case but until they allow the co-ax guns to use the auto loop audio we are pretty boned.

1 Like

yeah this is true, the mg42 fire loop plays at a different pitch in the game than the sound file itself, so basically i have to put the single fire sounds in, then manually adjust the pitch of the loop file to make it match up, and the only way i can do that is to rebuild the bank, open the enlisted launcher, load into the menu, load into the practice range, then test it out, which is a huge pain in the ass

really glad bigote was able to help me with it, but as far as the mg42 sound goes, its probably the best its going to get right now

2 Likes

Yeah i spend like 2 hours after work every night trying to get the MG-42 to sound good, big sad lol

1 Like

Feel your pain, but keep on it. You’ll figure it out and everyone will benefit from it. :+1:t2:

1 Like

friendly reminder that major updates that add new sounds can potentially cause old sound mods to crash, I’ll push an update out today for the mod if this is the case, until then be cautious with using old mods

1 Like

I’ve went through the bank files from my mod and it seems Darkflow has not added new sounds. However, if your sound mods do not load, it means one of the bank files is not updated to the latest version

1 Like

anything new Will?

just kinda burnt out on enlisted and been playing other games, mod isnt dead and i’ll still make sure it doesnt get broken but atm im just taking a break

3 Likes

take your time bro B)

1 Like

Same

making sound mods is difficult and time consuming

More weapons=less sources for a good sound.

1 Like

i dont wanna get ur hopes up but i’ll open up the tools again and take a look at things, maybe i’ll get an update out before the 4th of july

been wanting to re-do the footstep sounds and make them high definition but that might be a separate mod so people dont need to download my gun sounds if they dont want it

1 Like

it used to be a lot harder, i made the first sound mod in enlisted history before devs added support for it, you had to trick the game file checksum so it would let you load modified files

1 Like