Merger - currently a bad idea

yeh i don’t really see a big issue with that its an endgame weapon and pretty rare as such.

you mean much harder? with merging campaigns it becomes much harder to add new theaters lets say you wana add early vietnam uh oh now got research the US/Soviets to high tiers to unlock that and have those squads in same mm as ww2 stuff it adds nothing but issues to progression.

Then again maybe i shouldn’t care game is dead if merged anyway am just sad i invested in some pacific premium squads when that campaign came out. Since those are utterly useless now.

As for players i can’t speak for asian servers but on EU servers in the campaigns i prefer to play (which tend to be more early war) there are plenty of human players and queue times are short usually sub 30s.

If everything will work similarly to how it is now on the Test server, (and I don’t care about tech tree or silver or such completely irrelevant things atm), - but exactly this: - just mix everything (campaign with all existing squads, etc.) into one random messy pile - it will be the worst and laziest way.

Merge by itself as a function is ok. But not in a way that makes Enlisted in a complete immersion-killing fantasy shooter.

I think there are plenty of options to keep the originality of the campaigns even after the merger. Devs just need to turn head and think about everything concretely. There were a lot of suggestions in the forum as well.

Because to wait so long just because with a few simple lazy clicks, everything are thrown into one big heap without any control, and pretending that it is some kind of “big update” is just a lie.

3 Likes

First in the game’s current state I don’t have an issue with the gray zone. And even then not every tank is sitting in the back of the gray zone

Second, a tank is not the end all be all of a match. They are just a piece of a team. You could be the best tank player but if your infantry can’t defend the point you lose. It’s called combined arms for a reason

Third, I have suggested heavy AT guns as well as heavy AA guns (which can act as both AT and AA) as Engineer constructs

Merge is necessary for the longevity of the game, to unify the playerbase and have less bots in matches.

However the devs are going to add BR, which completely defeats the purpose of a merge, as people will create split queues based on BR level.

1 Like

I’m just glad this game is a constant work in progress, so theoretically BR or whatever wouldn’t necessarily be permanent

Dev work and player feedback is a constant tug of war and these threads and debates here are very important, for better or worse

For all we know in the future there will be yet another major overhaul of the game

1 Like

As i’ve stated in OP for me if it goes through in the current state of things i am quitting the game quite a shame since i bought the 2 preorder bundels for pacific (on discount) and had the pz38 premium from the beta day… it just feels like those have been totally wasted now.

As for the merger the only thing it does for me is kill the uniqueness of the game. If i wanted what is being shown on dev server i’d go play BFV.

1 Like

Well, the current game has an abysmal amount of historical errors, so to think that the merge will kill the ‘‘historicity’’ that never existed is simply ridiculous.

1 Like

That ^^^… BR system and Historical accuracy arent mutually exclusive. BR can be modeled on alot of things, even HA. Remains to be seen what they pick.

although its more likely to be modelled on power levels, with a Hint of HA

2 Likes

Can you provide those multiple examples? And as i stated Historical authenticity. Seeing a prototype weapon every now and then is a lot less immersion breaking than seeing an early pz3 sitting next to a Tiger 2 on the normandy beach shooting at the british

1 Like

Panzer 3B and E in moscow (training tanks)
Mkb42, never used in moscow
Fedorov, never used in ww2
Jumbo, never used in normandy
Panzer f2, never used in moscow

and many more

Literally devs say’s many times “BR in test server it’s off” so. the games on the test server reflect the final game is launch rants without reading

Yeh i’ll believe it when i see it as said if campaign merger goes through game is as good as dead for me.

Be careful about ‘‘never used’’ many tanks iuncluding training ones were used in the invasion of russian (operation barbarossa) which the moscow campaign is based on. Fedorovs were used in ww2 granted in small numbers but its still within the ralm of historical authenticity.

Only infomation I can find is Winter war against the Finns maybe. No where else. I dont mind that gun being in the game. But the abundance and performing the way it does? hardly HA

That pretty much goes for all Automatic weapons and Semi Auto weapons. Fg-42 is a major offender, my favourite gun of the war…but everyone can use it when it was reserved for elite Fallschirmjager units (if we are talking about HA).

And AVT-40 should be dogshit, but instead its one of the best, just like the Ferorov

If we are downgrading “Historical Accuaracy” to “Historical Authenticity” Then pretty much anything goes if it existed or had designs/intentions (say helo to Tigers in Stalingrad). I think the new BR can fit here without terribly upsetting Historical “authenticity”.

If they do it well ofcourse, which we are all waiting to see (BR).

7 Likes

look at bot entering the match %. this is average extracted from number of human players. some campaigns/sides are almost dead even in peak hours. campaigns are unsustainable.

this is only regarding weapons. there are also inaccuracies with squad composition, uniforms, tactics etc.

2 Likes

Enlisted isnt realistic its arcade type game and arcade type games dont always have 100% historical accuracy and the game goes the way the most of the playerbase wants

I think this is what the HA crowd actually wants. Most people acknowledge that prototype weaponry and rare weaponry was a thing in the game since the CBT. The issue is anachronistic stuff being added and the continuous deviation from HA (Historical Authenticity) over the years due to the devs making bad decisions that splintered the fanbase and created problems like now with the merge.

I think the Jumbo argument isn’t the best, since prototypes were in before the addition of it, however, the MkB42 scoped being added to Moscow was probably the first instance I remember of pretty much a slow downfall of this game. Since they literally could have made it a premium instead of making the scoped Gewehr 41 a premium and we wouldn’t be in this situation.

4 Likes

I think they’re irrelevant since target audience of this game are mainly casuals.
Lots of the guys from “HA crowd” are basically f2p, why should devs even care about them?
Are f2p players are basically just living targets to make the game more interesting.

Seems like pretty OP stuff, Mkb sniper is extremely strong weapon. And 5 guys with it? Even guys owning federov MG would be crying.

1 Like

prem1
prem2
Of course, why would they.

Utilizing a hypothetical, despite us having Stalingrad Engineers?

You know what’s funny? Only the Germans destroy the sense of Historical Authenticity in the Moscow campaign.

On a separate irrelevant point, I believe that premium and event squads should have similar composition to free squads anyways, allowing for more customization and value to the premium squads.

I don’t remember saying “all the guys”. But I was just kidding around anyway.

I would love that. But I do think it’s not possible at this point sadly.

In the matter of HA, I think can be still saved. I think devs could in future implement some kind of historical battles mode, even base on Tommy’s grand battle scale mod.

But I really don’t think classic squad mode should be limited by HA. It’s just not sustainable anymore. It should be just random braindead sandbox for pure fun and chill.

I really don’t think people like yourself should be somewhat depressed because of current state of enlisted. I really don’t think so merge means complete end for HA in Enlisted.

1 Like