Merger - currently a bad idea

Merging campaigns is a very bad idea since it completely destroys the thematic battlefields. While unifying currency is a good idea the campaigns must stay. If anything make it soo you have a unified reserch tree and can reserch all campaings while playing corresponding faction (Axis or Allies) effectively just merge campaign progression under axis and allies and let the player choose what they want to research. Example would be researching Tunisia allies while playing Normandy.

Personally if the merge goes thro in the current dev server state the game is effectively dead for me personally since it will loose that authenticity charm it currently has.

13 Likes

yea i really need like a month to get some more end game equipment personally so i would love it if the next major update arent merge

they want the merge so you will find less shitty battles where there are only bots in your team
those battles make me ragequit a lot of times, so let see what happens when they merge them

1 Like

you play the “merge” test didnt you? cause yea i do like the idea of researching unified thing and stuff but if the merge are like the test server oh no i would rather play with bot then that mess

4 Likes

Spreading more propaganda Big action mod solves all your problems we just need XP for it and possibly for events as well.

4 Likes

yes more big action it is fun if only i got time

2 Likes

I would be playing it but unfortunately I can’t get XP or do events in it sadly.

3 Likes

yea same

2 Likes

i didnt play it :thinking:

1 Like

oh well it a hell for everyone but germany there paratrooper flying in left and right tiger 2 in moscow and stuff it a crazy time

2 Likes

Literally add bots then. On EU servers i can find a battle for most campaigns in around 30s at worst am waiting a minute. And i have played the test server of my idk 5-10 battles i quit out of 70% of them. Pacific squads on normandy maps, tunisia squads in pacific, normandy squads on moscow. Tanks are a mess machmaking is a mess.

As stated in original post its the kill the game update. Improves progression by 1% by destroying gameplay & immersion 100%

8 Likes

yea and that 1% is me getting weapon i didnt even search at the cost of never using some of them aka japanese team

ye is going to be nuts
they are ruining our inmersion.
seems like the developers dont care anymore.

3 Likes

:neutral_face:
SAD

2 Likes

The good thing about the update is it will try to fill matches with total human players. Plus it theoretically should allow content to appear in a wide area, for example if you bought the Panzerwerfer 42 it could appear anywhere from the Western Front to Berlin.

My issue is the BR because it seems very convoluted and may mess up the variety we get in matches. For example, I like seeing Stuarts and Shermans in the same battle as Tigers and Panzers

Just yesterday people were complaining about the KV-1 fighting Panzer 3s even though it’s HISTORICAL

1 Like

Remember that match making is not implemented yet

So it’s too early to talk about balance (except for end tier).

3 Likes

I never mentioned balance i couldn’t care less about balance i want there to be authenticity we have now in campaigns. I don’t want to see T-34-85s and Panthers on moscow etc. Also balance is an excuse people use. panzer 3 vs kv 1 is fine it was historical as long as counters are available.

Nothing is stopping them from making certain squads available in multiple campaigns or cross campaign unlocks what i don’t want is what’s on dev where i queue with my pacific campaign US preset only to fight germans in normandy if anything the merge system is worse for balance.

6 Likes

You all cried for a merge, you got what you asked for, now you complain. Meanwhile when the historical accuracy players said no because it would ruin immersion and the game yall ridiculed us. Its people who don’t think that will eventually ruin this game completely. I’m more shocked as to why the devs listen to them. Now we have over 100 squads per faction its a clusterphuck. They shouldve have kept things historically accurate, allowed map voting or campaign voting, created matchmaking, and fleshed out campaigns.

11 Likes

They should just make the Big action mod official thing because it doesn’t matter what weapons or armor you have in that game mode you’ll die to artillery or the 3 tanks coming at you.

1 Like

Hey now don’t lump me in with those people i was planning to buy a few prem squads for Tunisia & pacific maybe another campaign during xmas sales but now i don’t even know if i’ll still be playing the game then.

As said if the merge goes through the game is dead for me.

1 Like