Merger - currently a bad idea

That ^^^… BR system and Historical accuracy arent mutually exclusive. BR can be modeled on alot of things, even HA. Remains to be seen what they pick.

although its more likely to be modelled on power levels, with a Hint of HA

2 Likes

Can you provide those multiple examples? And as i stated Historical authenticity. Seeing a prototype weapon every now and then is a lot less immersion breaking than seeing an early pz3 sitting next to a Tiger 2 on the normandy beach shooting at the british

1 Like

Panzer 3B and E in moscow (training tanks)
Mkb42, never used in moscow
Fedorov, never used in ww2
Jumbo, never used in normandy
Panzer f2, never used in moscow

and many more

Literally devs say’s many times “BR in test server it’s off” so. the games on the test server reflect the final game is launch rants without reading

Yeh i’ll believe it when i see it as said if campaign merger goes through game is as good as dead for me.

Be careful about ‘‘never used’’ many tanks iuncluding training ones were used in the invasion of russian (operation barbarossa) which the moscow campaign is based on. Fedorovs were used in ww2 granted in small numbers but its still within the ralm of historical authenticity.

Only infomation I can find is Winter war against the Finns maybe. No where else. I dont mind that gun being in the game. But the abundance and performing the way it does? hardly HA

That pretty much goes for all Automatic weapons and Semi Auto weapons. Fg-42 is a major offender, my favourite gun of the war…but everyone can use it when it was reserved for elite Fallschirmjager units (if we are talking about HA).

And AVT-40 should be dogshit, but instead its one of the best, just like the Ferorov

If we are downgrading “Historical Accuaracy” to “Historical Authenticity” Then pretty much anything goes if it existed or had designs/intentions (say helo to Tigers in Stalingrad). I think the new BR can fit here without terribly upsetting Historical “authenticity”.

If they do it well ofcourse, which we are all waiting to see (BR).

7 Likes

look at bot entering the match %. this is average extracted from number of human players. some campaigns/sides are almost dead even in peak hours. campaigns are unsustainable.

this is only regarding weapons. there are also inaccuracies with squad composition, uniforms, tactics etc.

2 Likes

Enlisted isnt realistic its arcade type game and arcade type games dont always have 100% historical accuracy and the game goes the way the most of the playerbase wants

I think this is what the HA crowd actually wants. Most people acknowledge that prototype weaponry and rare weaponry was a thing in the game since the CBT. The issue is anachronistic stuff being added and the continuous deviation from HA (Historical Authenticity) over the years due to the devs making bad decisions that splintered the fanbase and created problems like now with the merge.

I think the Jumbo argument isn’t the best, since prototypes were in before the addition of it, however, the MkB42 scoped being added to Moscow was probably the first instance I remember of pretty much a slow downfall of this game. Since they literally could have made it a premium instead of making the scoped Gewehr 41 a premium and we wouldn’t be in this situation.

4 Likes

I think they’re irrelevant since target audience of this game are mainly casuals.
Lots of the guys from “HA crowd” are basically f2p, why should devs even care about them?
Are f2p players are basically just living targets to make the game more interesting.

Seems like pretty OP stuff, Mkb sniper is extremely strong weapon. And 5 guys with it? Even guys owning federov MG would be crying.

1 Like

prem1
prem2
Of course, why would they.

Utilizing a hypothetical, despite us having Stalingrad Engineers?

You know what’s funny? Only the Germans destroy the sense of Historical Authenticity in the Moscow campaign.

On a separate irrelevant point, I believe that premium and event squads should have similar composition to free squads anyways, allowing for more customization and value to the premium squads.

I don’t remember saying “all the guys”. But I was just kidding around anyway.

I would love that. But I do think it’s not possible at this point sadly.

In the matter of HA, I think can be still saved. I think devs could in future implement some kind of historical battles mode, even base on Tommy’s grand battle scale mod.

But I really don’t think classic squad mode should be limited by HA. It’s just not sustainable anymore. It should be just random braindead sandbox for pure fun and chill.

I really don’t think people like yourself should be somewhat depressed because of current state of enlisted. I really don’t think so merge means complete end for HA in Enlisted.

1 Like

This direction is what I would choose. Leave the Squads to its Arcade nature, lets get a Large gamemode and be more specific about HA in that. waiting for Kursk :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ok, and the majority of casuals will never invest a cent in the game. I feel it is more likely for someone with an interest in history to invest money into obtaining historical gear, than it would be for someone who just wants to pass time on a game. Overall, I don’t think you can prove or disprove your own statement, so it’s not really relevant

It’s funny how the modders for the game are becoming more desirable than the devs with regards to content. Last time I looked, this wasn’t a Bethesda game.

I would be more open-minded for the idea if the devs actually provided the stable foundation for a mode centered around what HA people want, being either up to the devs or modders to expand upon it. However, we could just have a Bipod type situation where it’s discussed but never actually comes about, which is why most people are concerned about the lack of information on the BR, the soft rule for HA, and Custom Games.

I know the BR system wasn’t in place, but actually playing on the test server was godawful.

1 Like

I think It was good for people to see what It would be like without the BR system or some sort of Moderation. Absolute Shitfest :slight_smile:

1 Like

All I was seeing was that it is correct that late war weapons should not be early war settings. I was lucky enough to have the willpower to get the portrait, but the amount of STGs in Moscow was unbearable, especially gameplay wise.

3 Likes

I disagree but I think this is not relevant nor important discussion anyway.

Not really, I have never played the mod and probably never will. I just know there’s lot of people who does. And I think it should be supported. Especially since the game is changing for this specific group so significantly.

I think currently the merge priority. I know lot of these issues you mentioned are older than that. But I understand devs do not have infinity resources.
This game is pretty huge and complex project.

I haven’t the chance to play it either, but it looks a lot better compared to official announcements so far based on all the new mechanics and updates to it.

You know a good solution could have been simply keeping the campaigns, merging the progression/tech tree, and allowing the selection of multiple campaigns. Funnily enough, that last point would probably result in less queues than the current merge.
It would have kept the current composition that everyone was accustomed to and enjoy, but see a boost in players across campaigns as players would be able to queue for a multitude of maps/campaigns they enjoy without having to switch campaigns, or be inhibited by progress due to the tech tree being merged based off of nation.

1 Like

I was about to point you to a trailer on it, but looks like youve already seen it :slight_smile:

well worth trying

Sure, but the devs need to make it count towards progress, events, battlepass, etc.

That way people could still unlock stuff in the game, but focus more time on that then on normal matchmaking.

3 Likes

Yup. large part of the reason making so much noise about it :slight_smile: