Marking Mechanic Overhaul + Recon Units

I think that the marking mechanic should be completely overhauled, with different ranges for differently powered optics + soldier spotting training. That way, a recon class would make more sense.

Snipers would for example also be able to spot things from further away, and the optics would add to that distance when used.

I think there should also be a significant delay to the marking becoming active, but if the vehicle or a squad member does have a radio set, then the marking is instantaneous.

Perhaps each marking of a vehicle or enemy structure would also yield some points to the player when marked, and then some extra points if the marked target is destroyed.

The bike with side carriage is meant to be a recon unit. Also, Kubelwagens, Jeeps and other light vehicles when added to the game with some MG attachment etc would fill a recon role. Then also the armored cars like the 221 and 222 with others would be cool to see in the game at some point. Look to this post for more on this: Rework Riders

Then we could also have a recon plane class. That each team get a single lightly armed and slow recon plane slot, apart from the other two slots for air. The recon plane is stable in flight and is well suited, by means of switching seats to a recon seat, for marking vehicles as well as call in artillery strikes by
a radio set. Would be really cool and a good help for the team, but it would be extremely vulnerable to basically all planes.

In this earlier thread, I discussed these things as well: Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Binocular Support

What do you guys think?

2024-04-28 17_34_39-Enlisted

6 Likes

agree

2 Likes

You dont need a recon in 100 x 100 meter maps

4 Likes

Sure, I’m aware that it won’t make sense on most maps and in most situations as it is now, but the battle area could be about three times the size in my opinion. It would make for a better game as I see it. It would add a greater tactical aspect to the game.

2 Likes

Well bigger maps please!

3 Likes

We need grids on the minimap. It will make things a lot easier.

2 Likes

This is a little complicated, all that needs to happen is to give the binos the ability to spot enemies like in the Battlefield games. Nothing more nothing less.

1 Like

Would be the easiest solution, for sure, but doesn’t add the exciting dynamic of adding actual importance to recon units, as is the aim with my ideas.

1 Like

Found another topic that also has some good thought in regard to recon: The Communication System in the Game is Inefficient PRESS V buttons

1 Like