Rework Riders

Very old idea that I discarded and sent to a developer to “save” it. It still doesn’t convince me but now I share it with you.
Copy and paste:

Now the class will be “Reconnaissance Vehicles” and will be made up of armored cars and motorcycles.

Characteristics:

• They allow you to get from one goal to another faster.
  • They can have an engineer, radio operator and AT gunner.
  • The rally points make noise to be able to detect them but the APCs do not, this class allows you to detect them on the map in a radius of 200m (the vehicle is the center), that is, it marks them automatically (also tanks).
  • If the vehicle is unmanned the above function does not work
  • Destroying these and APCs gives you few points (like an infantry squadron), and does not increase the “destroyed tanks/planes” counter, there will be another counter for them

Important:

They are not tanks so I apply a different BR for them.
This class has to be a danger to infantry and APCs but not to tanks, that is, they should not be able to destroy any tanks of their respective BRs .

BR I → Motorcycles
BR II → armored cars (its main weapon is a machine gun)
BR III → main weapon is HMG/20mm cannons
BR IV → They have cannons

Examples:

Germany:
BR II → Sd.Kfz. 221 or 223
BR III → Sd.Kfz. 231/232 (Its main weapon is a 2 cm KwK 30/38 cannon)
BR IV → Sd.Kfz. 234 (all versions 2/3/4)
Possible premium/event vehicles would be the pz I/II nA (any of its variants) and the Sd.Kfz. 140/1.

USSR:
BR II-> BA-64
BR III → Almost all their cars have the 45 mm cannon, I wanted to try the BA-I or the BA-27 which have a 37 cannon but can also penetrate German BR III tanks, so I decided on the Landsverk L-181 (Swedish tank captured in Lithuania, its main weapon is a 20 mm cannon)
BR IV → BA-10 (45 mm cannon, used throughout the war)
The BA-11 is still a BR I premium tank

USA:
They are all British
BR II-> Daimler Dingo Mark I
BR III-> In folder, the Humber LRC and the Humber Armored Car (the first with a Boys anti-tank rifle and the other with a 15 mm Besa HMG)
BR IV → In folder, the Coventry Armored Car and the AEC AC Mk II (the first with a 40 mm cannon and the second with a 57 mm cannon).
Daimler Mk II, it would be BR IV. Although I prefer to leave it as a BR I tank

Japan:
They are special, apparently they consider the tankettes as armored cars and used them for reconnaissance. Taking this into account:
BR II-> In folder, type 93 kokusan and type 92 Chiyoda
BR III-> Type 92 Jyu-Sokosha
BR IV-> Type 97 Te-Ke

7 Likes

I don’t like that it would mark vehicles automatically. Other than that, it’s pretty cool.

I think that the marking mechanic should be completely overhauled, with different ranges for differently powered optics + soldier spotting training. That way, a recon class would make more sense.

Snipers would for example also be able to spot things from further away, and the optics would add to that distance when used.

I think there should also be a significant delay to the marking becoming active, but if the vehicle or a squad member does have a radio set, then the marking is instantaneous.

Perhaps each marking of a vehicle or enemy structure would also yield some points to the player when marked, and then some extra points if the marked target is destroyed.

I also had an idea of a recon plane class some time ago: Sd. Kfz. 251/9 Binocular Support - #6 by SiggeVibes

1 Like

I agree with most of this, I think it’d be a good change.

The 4th version literally has a pak40 on it.

You should also suggest BR1 motorcycle for them.

This thing is too weak compare to other’s. No mg, no HE shell(dev doesn’t bother to implement it, it will still be worse then other’s even if they implement it.), very bad main gun that can’t even pen tank from br3, while other nation’s vehicle can.

light tanks, scout cars/tanks and APCs are my jam. :+1:

but If its added to the rider class, I dont think there should be any weapon over 20mm perhaps? Keep it light

2 Likes