Game speed

No amount of mental gymnastics will fix the fact players don’t want SBMM and some factions are magnets for noobs.

Want to win? Find some discord and play 4-stack, at least you have 3 good players, enough to try to win any match.

Want some actuall fixes to slow game down?
-30s delay before each cap point so defenders can build defenses - bonus point for not showing next point for attackers
-cap zones should be more uniform - some are small as one room, some are so big you can’t even find enemy before they cap

This still won’t fix fact that most matches are simply unbalanced, mostly due to teams, but made worse by map balance.

1 Like

I think we need to take baby steps. I think a good start, which has been floating around lately, is not being able to reload while sprinting. This has been an interesting idea that I have been agreeing with more recently.

6 Likes

We need longer cap times and more tickets

We need better alternative points

1 Like

How is that going to slow the game down? I need to get to cover so when I’m done reloading I can pop back around and finish the fight. Lol

I’ve covered it in a number of my suggestions:

Just to name a few.

The issue is that defenders aren’t given time to set up in a meaningful way to actually play DEFENSE. Instead, they are expected to play in an offense type playstyle, due to unlimited tickets.

I suggest a few CORE changes.

1. Let the map show defenders where ALL objective locations are going to be.

2. Change the greyzone to where defenders actually have the chance to fully pull back before the next huge wave of attackers. (By forcing attackers to wait until that point, they SHOULD be able to attack in a unified manner, making the engagements MUCH more entertaining, rather than a bunch of run-and-gun skirmishes.)

3. Make fortifications actually hold up against enemy pushes. Make them immune to fragmentation damage so it requires direct hits with large blasts to break them (TNT becomes much more useful). Plus like I’ve tried to suggest before and listed above, make infantry actually need certain counters (either Engineers, Toolkits, or TNT) to be able to push through fortifications.

These changes will slow down game pace, encourage strategic gameplay, and incentivize teamwork. The factors that many of us are looking for in the game.

1 Like

Because a vast majority of run-and-gun players simply aren’t using cover. Rather they just keep the pressure up by sprinting around and not having to actually stop to reload, therefore allowing them to devastate the players that DO take cover to reload.

2 Likes

10 seconds into the game…a rain of impact grenades blasts the entire bot of people in the base.
30 seconds into the game…the first base falls due to a bunch of Mohicans equipped with 100 round Thompsons. The rally I built was in vain.
1 minute into the game…P-47 and F4U HVAR slaughter tanks and people. And the second base falls.

Repeat.

Ten minutes into the game. The last base falls.

1 Like

Sprint speed needs to be increased while also consuming 3x stamina. With the amount of gear our soldiers are hauling its silly to have men sprinting for longer than 5-7 seconds. A sprint needs to be a tactical decision and not the default/long-distance movement it currently is

1 Like

Why would they not take their superior mobility to go for cover WHILE reloading and shortening the time span before they can jump back out of cover? Sounds like asking to be domed to me

Because they aren’t concerned about surviving.

The game doesn’t reward players for living longer currently, so many of these players would rather rush in with no regard to their safety, gun down as many as they can, then switch to the next guy when they die, or just respawn when they lose the rest of their squad.

3 Likes

this is very controversial, but after all, not sprinting is running according to the game, i.e. the way soldiers move on the battlefield by default and then sprinting at key moments.

actually sprinting is not that fast, many times I die running to cover just because my soldier doesn’t give a damn about his life

Unfortunately, the problem is that the run itself would be too slow, even for me, you would first need to increase the speed of the run itself, then also the sprint speed, but it would consume 3x the energy.

However, I don’t know if this is a good solution, the characters in the game shouldn’t move too fast and also players are very used to sprinting by default.

1 Like

Personally I disagree.

I think NO class should be a “jack of all trades”.

Each class needs its strengths and weaknesses.

Bad idea. You’re never getting within 20 yards of third or fourth objective if you give me the entire match to fortify that sucker

For whatever reason that was sent in the wrong thread. Lol

I also play VERY recklessly, doesn’t mean I don’t use cover or anything like that

Hahaha yes

the other day i was playing on tunisia and for some reason the match was bugged, for us germans after we cap the last objetive the games just keep giving us more places to cap, it was amazing. so adding more objetives to the maps could make them longer i guess

I almost suggested increasing the default “run” speed, but I primarily want there to be a noticeable difference between “running/jogging” and a full sprint. The pace of the game is already too fast, but “sprinting” barely increases speed at all.

1 Like

Like making a bigger map?

2 Likes