Darkflow is tying their own noose by charging money on Steam for a game that operates as a F2P business model

Steam filters these reviews. But this game will die soon anyway. For a long time, the developers do not solve the problems with game balance and the fluctuation of players between factions. My guess is that steam will not bring any new players. Maybe in the short term, but these new players will quickly leave the game. And that at the latest in the spring of a year, there will be an announcement about shutting down the game’s servers.

Nono, I don’t think Enlisted is in immediate danger of shutting down. But they are absolutely going down that path.

CRSED FOAD, Darkflow’s other game, is barely ever talked about and yet Steam DB says it has 250 players right now. Not shut down.

At the bare minimum, Gaijin, the publishers, could keep Enlisted on life support. It may just die slowly with a whimper and stop receiving updates like Day of Infamy.

Good luck with that refund if they add even a single gold into this pack that will be self redeeming.

Whales are still buying overpriced preorders, dolphins like me are still buying yearly premium during sale and occasional packs at -50% off so they are doing more than fine.

But their profit got hit due lack of content during merge and steam launch drama that’s why they want to recoup some losses with b2p Steam launch.

Day of infamy barely got any updates that gave us content so it’s a bad comparison, no shit it shut down who would want to keep playing same maps with same guns for who knows how long.
Untitled

Enlisted is 2nd most popular and profitable game in their portfolio it’s not going to shut down any time soon but they need to improve and listen to us if they want to grow and not decline (it’s not in decline in term of player population)

Brings back the good memories. Used to have a group of my friends playing DOI but everybody got bored and left. It has so much potential in my opinion. The officer system is definitely something enlisted should take a look at. (And the AI behaviours). I still have it installed and may hop on once in a while after I’m fed up with enlisted.

I don’t mind spending a little money, I just want to send a message and let steam players know how the company is turning a potential great game into a cashgrab.

1 Like

not really. it has pretty constant daily player base for a year now. in another month or two i will collect data again to see game health.

https://forum.enlisted.net/en/t/enlisted-stats-postmerge-edition/132145

so far data shows nothing about any danger of shutting down.

Where are these packs everyone is upset about? Does anyone know anything about them? Was there some kind of datamine released? Are they saying you have to buy a pack to play on steam in order to play on steam release, or is it free to play?

1 Like

early access on steam will probably be only available to those who buy some packs on it (probably protection for review bombing that some players announced). when game goes full release it will be f2p on steam also.

also any squad that will be available on steam will be available for standalone client.

Thanks for the clarity

I dunno, personally I got really burned out and resentful towards the game because of how crap the matchmaker is. FOMO events/new content seem to result in player surges, but it quickly seems to dissipate. For now it plays fine-ish but I won’t be surprised if in two weeks its going to be ba back to either it’s 1v19 or you get a win no matter what
I guess Steam release will mean public steam charts at least

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

steam charts only show players that play through steam and not those who are on standalone client or on consoles, so it wont mean much overall cause majority of players will not be on steam.

1 Like

Obviously for the paid early access…but I think if they release it as f2p most people will transition to Steam. And probably majority of new players after actual Steam release will come from Steam - so pretty soon it probably will be reasonably close anyway

nope. only masochists want to launch their game through 2 launchers.

maybe, but there were some other games where only minority of players come from steam

not really. WoWS is a good example. steam players show only part of the playerbase (and it is global). btw think that these numbers are without consoles cause they dont have crossplay.

lol? Well, I guess I’m not sure what to think on this anymore.

and the reviews are coming in! who could have seen this coming?

1 Like

Tbh, 17 reviews with 0.1h ingame time are absolutely devastating

1 Like

True rewiews can be gathered after at least a month. Now it’s just salty vets who vent frustration.

1 Like

and the game didnt even last half a day before being taken off the store, lol

Well, because some overdramatic guys did interpreted issues during EA as “scamming”. And were spreading this nonsense everywhere they could.

Some of them didn’t even know that they are buying EA, lol.