Custom matches improvements required 2.0

a bit of context

well, here we are at it ( more like, I ) again.

as a last attempt, to make custom matches an actual:

yet, unironically, since that statements, not many substantial improvements were made.
( not to hate or pick on james of course, he doesn’t make the decisisons nor we should " pitch fork " him for what he says. he has good intents i’d think, which he wasn’t the only one. but just as an example of what i’m trying to say/tackle )

quite the opposite actually happened. since the merge, it broke under certain circumstances customs as a whole.

why?
i’ll tell you why.

after a long time, i’m about to fully finish the grind of enlisted. ( nothing to flex about to be honest. )

and as i’m diving into modding, and keep doing the things i love or offer sort of experience to provide something new in the stale ( in my personal opinion ) that is the multiplayer because of brs, players should have planty of way to play the game and have fun. but not be forced to the main matchmaker.

which we can’t do much because of the sorry and sad state of customs.
even if you make mods, you’re still plagued by issues, and options that you cannot decide.
you know, functions that the majority of games do have over customs.

so, to provide a temporary end game for people, or have fun, here are the full list of what is actually needed regarding customs:

main suggestion

• fix the servers issue with mods

like, holy me.
i don’t even understand why custom made missions won’t even start UNLESS the server is hosted on North America servers. why do people have play the mods in a laggy state?

just fix them.

• rework gainings and experience earned across mods and custom matches ( XP daily cap )
rumble

so, the reason why the experience were removed, was because of some [Redacted] individual that exploited the shit out of customs.

which devs removed those day 2.

fair.
i think anyone can understand the reason.

but remove them for EVERYONE?

how about we do the smartest thing that was done in crossout too?

just like crossout, ( the other gaijin game )

add a daily that players can earn in customs.
as a daily cap.

for example, players cannot earn more than 150/200k / research points per day.

after that ammount has been reached, further experience won’t be counted.

so it’s both fair for the company as it prevents players to exploit and gain insane ammount of experience, and still allows players to earn some experience through pves or in other lobbies with other players.

once again, just like crossout. it worked like that for ages, i don’t see what harm would do to enlisted.
after all, experience won’t allow you to earn premium, get premium vehicles, or slots.

so even if theoretically someone would only play with customs, their options are far limited.
because they still won’t be able ( rightfully so i might add ) to get premium squads, premium bonus, nor slots, etc
but i’m always curious and open to be proven wrong.

( it goes without saying, the limit of how many players are required for the xp should be removed )

• add mods to event as promised

https://forum.enlisted.net/en/t/your-missions-in-events/107462

• better rewards for modders

i don’t wanna sound entilted. ( and it’s kinda ironic coming from me, ) but as modders spend actual time and lots of efforts unimmaginable. each day i think about it, and share the following sentiment:

https://forum.enlisted.net/en/t/screenshot-contest-out-of-the-archives/107976/11

yes, we also get a gold order weapon,

but for days and sometimes, ( maybe just me ) months, to make mods, have to check each update if your mod works, fix it every time, and all the work that goes behind feels a bit unrewarded.

i’d propose perhaps additional 300 gold if gets featured along side the gold order weapon and profile.

the idea behind, is to incentivize more people to get into modding. not necessarely to compete on who makes the best mod, but to appeal more people to create more content.
( even though it’s kinda hard on average since the lack of proper documentations, but that’s another discussion for another )
but maybe it’s just me.

• ability to view your inventory and squad interface while waiting in the lobby.
    as players cannot change weapons nor redeem their bp tasks
    ( yes, i’m aware you can change preset, and i’m greateful for it. but still. some QOL are always in line and welcome. )

• Ability to make map rotation, and select more than one modded map or generally more maps of different objectives too

like it used to work before the merge.

• Reduce Level Needed for newer players to entry to custom matches
    as it would benefit them to enter the game against bots and get the feeling of the game for a bit.

i can’t verify how it works after the merge, but i know that new players were forced to reach level 3 to get access to custom lobbies. which i don’t really see the reason behind.

especially since i’m planning to do more in depth trainings and tutorials my self through the use of mods ( can’t make promises, since the are many limitations and technicalities but the ideas are there )
it kinda would defeat the purpose of it by locking them.

• Reintroduce the ability to modify on the fly custom matches settings ( and maps )
    otherwise people have to leave and rejoin each time in order to make a custom even if one setting is wrong.

• add public lobby chat

it would be nice to have one if you are playing with randoms that does not have mics. plus if they have a request and the admin of the lobby is willing to change, it would please anyone, i guess it could work. after all, communication doesn’t hurt.

as well as an option for the chat in game to be displayed so that both the enemies and allies can speak if enabled

( which it’s actually a thing and can be included in mod. yet in the base game, it’s not available as an option )

• make the campaign selection option mean something. ( cosmetic related )

for example, if i make a custom modded map where it’s in the bulge, i would like that the players joining have a specific set of cosmetics based on their profiles rather than having to manually create custom profiles for my own mods ( which are highly unpopular because people likes to use the stuff that they have unlocked ) yet, if i select for example, berlin, or normandy, the uniforms will not actually use the set of cosmetics that i selected in the custom for.

resulting in players running around with shorts, or various units with different themed cosmetics.

as i remember, with campaings, we were able to use the cosmetic that we wanted over customs without being forced by the enivorement which that should be an option as well since it’s customs after all, people should use the cosmetics that they bought even if does not suit the enviroment.

making the whole campaign option over pointless and is anyone’s guess what actually does, or even is supposed to do.

so it would be best to just let host of the custom be able to decide which campaign cosmetic are allowed
( and of course, add the missing battle of the bulge and a " no campaigns " options in the selection. so that the host can decide weather he can allows all cosmetics, or only or few ones from specific campaigns )

• ability to select number of players per match
    for eample, make 5v5s, 8v8s both for customs and lone fighter. to create smaller matches.

like. it’s one of the most basic function that majority of custom games in almost every game has.
matter of fact, you can do this by making mods, but not everyone knows even how to open an editor. so i don’t see why they should be forced to do so just to change a small number.

• let players progress with event tasks as long there are more than 10 players in the lobby

and aren’t among themselves in a friend list. to avoid bad actors. but because of said bad actors, the majority of players shouldn’t suffer because of few bad apples so to speak.

• add the promised equipment selector

the merge has passed, few updates were added, yet no actual equipment selector in sight.

what i’m talking about, is this:

cool.
where is that?.

• let the players inside groups decide which faction to play inside custom matches

this one, a bit annoys me. currently, the members of a group cannot decide the faction to play with if the are in group. they are currently " forced " to play with the Leader’s Group faction.
( example, i want to play soviets, while my squad leader is an american, i can’t. the game forces me to play as american and does not allow me to select faction indipendenly ).

• ability to give a Name to Lobbies
    this, is useful for the players to give a name to their matches more faster. so they can set a name or description that roughly describe the wanted playlist or type of game.

• De/Selectable options to enable or disable squad balanced.
    the reason of the option above, is because i cannot play with friends against bots or make those " historical accurate " matches. i cannot start the match if there are 2 members or more in one side.
    so, if the leader wants, he should be able to select or deselect the option.

the second Function of this, would be to create historical matches " just for fun ". example, 4 players on the german side against 8 russian AIs on berlin, or make custom matches with friends ( a few newbies against on vet player and stuff like that ) or even community games.
( P.S. no, the berlin 8v4 it’s not meant for farming. but we’ll get to exp cap that quadro suggested later to counter bot farming)

• search bar filter
    ( self explanatory. useful to use keywords to make the research more easier if for example, you are looking for a specific server by name or nickname of the user ).
    the second Function of this, would be to create historical matches " just for fun ". example, 4 players on the german side against 8 russian AIs on berlin, or make custom matches with friends ( a few newbies against on vet player and stuff like that ) or even community games.

• Reintroduce 20 bots back in the bots selector like it used to in the first days of customs for squad

• Ability to reintroduce old mechanics as modifiers parameters
    for example, Bolt action jam animation, Concussion from explosion for both enemies and allies from stalingrad, heavy weapons drain stamina mechanic from stalingrad, and all those type of realistic features that got taken away.

as a modifier selectable options.
since… we ( modders ) are unable to add them back

• Customizable HUD
    this feature, would allow Hosters to tweak the present HUD for a more realistic or less to a degree, experience.
    primarly being able to modify range of friendly markers, Capzones render Distance, no/yes minimap, no/yes compass etc. Show weapon/ammo HUD,
    or generally, any visual that could be tweaked for a more realistic experience.

and that’s about it.

i surely have missed few, which if anyone has any that feels like are needed to make custom game have basic functions, let me know and if those are reasonable enough, i’ll add them.

P.s. as much i do want password removed from the premiums thingy ( even though it’s kinda one of the reason why i bought premium ) ain’t gonna happen. therefore, i didn’t included the notion/topic because we kinda all know deep down.
we tried and tried but that simply won’t happen.

one i suppose might argue about not being a priority, but i disagree and digress.

anyway,
as they say, the biggest room that there is, it’s always the one for improvements.

peace.

17 Likes

I’m totally on board with all the points except the password.
There are also issues of individuals proposing to expel other players due to geo-cultural discrimination.

2 Likes

yeah it’s controversial at best.

some wants it, others do not.

for me, it’s indifferent, and kinda why i didn’t included it.
but it’s unlikely to change.

1 Like

It’s sadly a bug that needs to be reported on CBR or to alpha team.

:memo: :thinking: :memo: :thinking: :upside_down_face:

Planned, we still have some difficulties with them.

I think it’s okay.

Good suggestion and qol improvement.

Please make a bug report on CBR website if that a bug.

:thinking: :memo:

If it was before as i said above, please make a report about on site with a proof.

Some iteration of chats are in planned as keo stated before.

:thinking:

:thinking:

Too old code for some of it.

About other i think it’s really ton of work and i can do from my side is a pass this big suggestion list.

2 Likes

The amount of lag in 10 v 10 custom games almost makes it unplayable.
Sadly I did not make a screenshot but there is a constant red notification in the top right. It looks like the picture below :

When will the custom servers be fixed ?
And what does that notification mean ? It lasts for the whole game sometimes.

Other thing is we should be able to create custom mission like capture a objective 3 time to win, 4 differents team compete to get one point and a tool to simplify the creation of custom squad because it really difficult to create one because there no tutorial on how to do that.

there are,

but it’s very time consuming.

so, tool and guides for modders are in line ( from official that is, because it’s tiring to see that bazsi, devenddar, tommy, and few others have to find stuff for theirselves through trial and error sunking alot of time to then have to compile them into guides .

but we don’t get many updates either…

They should also make vehicle customization in the editor more simple. You should be able to add decals, decors and camos the same way you do in the hangar

1 Like