Custom entities no longer works - fix them?

a full change log / lists of changes would be great to having in time.

because nothing was mentioned of changing.

i had to go in the russian section to find this:

which i tried to do, and it still doesn’t work.

and if i leave the default _extends:t= the items will not be created.

3 Likes

Do mods even work? I haven’t been able to launch a single mod yet (endless loading), even big action.

2 Likes

were somewhat working fine in the test server,

but in the live version, do not work for me.

and i have no clue how to fix entities.blks in/for the editor.

2 Likes

Probably need to replace _extends to _use.
Sorry (I forgot to tell about _use to some users) :frowning:

2 Likes

Why did you remove ‘=’ symbol? _use:t=“…”

‘_use’ is name of value in blk
‘:’ symbol divides name and type
‘t’ is type, text in this case
‘=’ symbol divides name:type and value
then text value goes inside quotes “…”

3 Likes

i see.

an error in copying

i was worried for a second.

but… are there any other changes that i as much to the next person, aren’t aware of?

or… just this one

Always a mystery. Btw this change from ‘_extends’ to ‘_use’ is rare kind of “we will make it better no matter what” change that is really bugging, but good for future. Was a surprise for me as well %)

1 Like

glad to hear…

not sure i follow

i mean.

changing stuff without a single note or address in the patchnote is really worrying.

not sure how good for the feature will be otherwise.
but… sure. i guess ( rather hope )

It was declared previously here. But forgotten in the patchnote. Why? @Keofox

1 Like

and… you expect me to just like anyone else to occasionally stumble on across the right thread to get such an important change?
unounnounced even in the official devblog where most of the " modifications " changes done in the past had it’s own dedicated sections in almost every major content updates? except this one?

as much i apreciate you and this golden helper ( @Devenddar ) i’m fairly sure someone more than one individual came up with the idea of changing it and much more, agreeing to it. everyone just… forgot ?

like.

nothing at all ?

out of pure look i found tommy’s thread in the russian forum.

yet not many mentions ( literally only 2 ) in the english forum.

forgive me, for not living in this forum and having all the informations under my finger prints, lady…

Me? I don’t write patchnotes. They were in a hurry as far as I know.

1 Like

i know that

( and, i hope doesn’t come off as me trying to claim otherwise )

i’m just confused.

but, i hope you can understand not everyone can check every single thread and every messages without a clear goal insight of what i should be looking for. me, or anyone else really.

… which it’s why, i’m saying, one would expect or look the official devblogs for more infos and clear sight about it. especially, about changes

or at least, that’s what one would expect anyway,

am i becoming crazy? isn’t that the norm anymore?

that… would explain alot.

I replaced everything with use , it still loads endlessly, or I don’t understand something…

1 Like

It’s a pity they didn’t consider it as really important. Personally I wouldn’t change it at all.

don’t wanna devolve into conspiracies now, but then, why was it changed?

which, if you, wouldn’t change it, and are a developer, ( i understand one doesn’t make everyone’s mind and full approved decisions )

why was it changed?

there must be a reason right?

just trying to figure things out as much is possible without creating too much fuzzes ( i suppose i’m… kinda late for that )

and above all, what else was changed?

if that wasn’t considered big enough, what would something smaller go underneath or own eyes?

what would be considered big enough to be announced, and what else isn’t ?
feels like i’m questioning reality from fiction here.

I think (it’s my opinion only) that is was changed, because ‘_use’ is shorter and thus more readable. Also templates really use other templates, not extend from them (unlike classes in programming languages). Also to avoid confusion with ‘extends’ in some programming languages files.

One more point would be that mods will always have updates-related issues. Missing resources, changed templates names, renamed components. So this “sweet” change will also keep you aware of those changes possible in the future and not think it will be that easy.

a suppose that’s gonna be good as any other reasons.

as far as i’m gonna get either way.

reading upon:

yeah well.

one can only hope to discover things in time. or… through you guys.

at the end of the day, i’m sorry you guys kinda have to bare everything. and most of the time are the only people we have to relay upon.

as for now, thank you for your time.

that will do.

( even though, there are reports of customs not working. or loading endlessly )

cbr time it is then

2 Likes

We need more reports with more details. It could be anything. Broken mod, mistake in text, problems in UI, problems on servers, bad internet, new bugs and memory issues.

Something went very wrong here, custom match won’t launch even without entities.blk and custom profile, if launched in local mode it CTDs without any error.

Looks like any sandbox mission with vromfs.bin will cause a crash/never launches. I need other’s confirmation though…

2 Likes

wish i could test that.

but i’m fixing my own missions because all of my placed bots lost their headgears as all the equipment that was in the slot head got collapsed into skined_helmet + bunch of items missing / renamed