Controllable tail gunners!

it’s still in a big WIP.

1 Like

Hey, James. Can we expect test server for upcoming update or not?

Even more useful than bigger AA guns would be normal AA guns that don’t have the vertical angle limit. Sometimes the ground attack planes or even the radioman’s bombers fly below the line of fire of that artificially limited Flak cannon that engineer can build. I stopped building AA cannons altogether long ago because of this stupid limitation. Who cares they were used against infantry? They had limited clips anyway, and needed reloads every 20 shots or so - limiting the aiming angle was overzealous “balancing”

8 Likes

insert obligatory “dang must be nice to have that as something to worry about” here

Huh?

They don’t want new players to rely on AA guns to kill infantry otherwise if we could actually do it again we would see it more often

I’m ready to go!

12 Likes

Oh! MDK’s ancestor!
images (18)

(I’m unsure if ppl will get this reference. It’s old.)

1 Like

Shouldn’t this guy be looking through the slit in the armor plate instead of pushing his nose into the trigger?

1 Like

Test servers. Must be nice to have those

1 Like

Finally. Thank you

1 Like

This is a nice QOL feature,but if the MGs still overheat when you are flying incredibly fast while in a plane,then that would be innacurate and make tail gunners better used by AI if it dosnt overheat due to being able to have more bullets put out

1 Like

Is it immediately active?

Any news on fixes for:

• Moroccan premium squad bathrobes in Normandy and Pacific:
  • Volkssturm premium squad grey business suits in Tunisia, Moscow, Stalingrad and Ardennes:
  • SAS event squad shorts in Normandy;
  • Soviet event paratroopers squad amoeba camo in Moscow and Stalingrad;
  • MP-40 silenced event squad bushes in Tunisia, Moscow and Stalingrad?
  • adaptive camo for tanks so that they are not yellow in Ardennes and white in Tunisia?
4 Likes

It could be overpowered if there is the plane aim indicator.
I personally hope there will be nothing to help the aim but a simple iron sight.

OMG, at last! Thank you, Darkflow! Been waiting for this feature for what seems like an eternity. Well done! Looking forward to it! :saluting_face:

1 Like

Lol the pilot view that controls the main armaments of the plane (several mg/ auto cannon) having the plane aim indicator is not overpowered. But somehow the tail gunner that controls 1 armaments having the plane aim indicator is overpowered?

I guess either both the pilot and the rear gunner should get the aiming assist indicator, or none of them, for fairness.

On a side note, rear gunners probably need them the most, since it’s noticeably harder to hit stuff when you’re firing in any other direction than straight forward/backwards.

1 Like

So, have you guys taken any action to fix this bug?
A purchased cosmetic item has disappeared. // Gaijin.net // Issues
I launched this bug report two months ago, but the bug was there before that, and once fixed, it was rolled back by an unscrupulous update.
In other words, the content I paid for has been unreasonably unavailable for more than three months. It has been more than 3 months since all players who purchased cosmetic items from Normandie have had the price they paid for wrongfully taken away from them.
You guys have not made any announcement about this issue.
Please make an announcement about the serious bug you are working on and report your progress before announcing a new feature.

2 Likes

Got the answer: one stick will be used for steering the plane, and the other one to control tail gunner

4 Likes