Controllable tail gunners!

Sounds good man. Glad go know ya’ll are thinkin bout us. Keep doing the good work my guy

Thank you so me having roll and pitch on separate sticks will conflict with my gunner settings, good to know in advance :+1:

Only got 20+ years on SWD mate, the bug threads are not threads they are DF’s Jira equivalent, the CBR has not been updated in a while, they used to be much better last year, but guess resource and priorities have shifted now.

I do think DF delivers but 4 months to fix tailgunners when they weren’t broken previous to big update, is a clear example of bad QA processes, poor prioritization. I get releases get pushed back, happens all the time in my world but you have robust regression and QA automation, to stop things being released which worked before.

2 Likes

For the ones curious, planes with multiple turrets with have one player controlled turret. I was only able to test the Ju188, which has the 13mm turret as a player controlled turret. And the SB-2M. Which has the top 360 degree turret thats player controlled. For the Havoc and Avenger i do not know atm. I don’t have these unlocked. The Fw 189 im also not sure, cause i haven’t leveled the squad it now changed to

Have you been able to test if the other defensive guns still do autonomously fire, while you control one gunner?

If they don’t, manning the one playable rear gun on planes that have multiple ones may actually be counterproductive.

On a separate note, should the practice range perhaps have one or two circling AI planes for gunnery training? Balloons aren’t really that useful in this sense.

1 Like

Hello, please fix the reload of the G41(M). It reloads like the old G41(W) before the merge

I wasn’t able to test out that aspect of it. Logically, they still should shoot. But it’s DF we are talking about

The Training area should indeed add planes that circle around. This will help people learn to aim the armaments of their plane, as well as defensive firing

2 Likes

indeed angle needs to be increased, many time found myself in dumb situation cannot target incoming enemy planes, and likewise I fly like that to annoy my enemy, I’d rather see I the AA can actually be used proper.
Since most fly very low to ground for bombing runs and all air battles take low at low altitude too, we need to be able to target low aircraft.
And AA can easily be taken out since crew is exposed.
Must just make sure to limit built AA and AT Guns where can be built, should only be able to be built outdoor on flat open terrain, no indoors in hallway, through windows or on rooftops.
As in like how did F these guys drag a AT Gun to the roof?? eh?

1 Like

Then how are you supposed to control the aim of the tailgunner?

PLEASE make sure it is something that is operable by console players!!!

I’m pretty sure this is discussed in this very thread. Maybe I’m missing something as I’m not a console player.

trying to have roll and pitch on the same stick is an absolute nightmare.

If I may suggest, a toggle option that allows separation of control. Trying to fly a plane in reverse while simultaneously shooting seems like its going to be a near impossible thing anyways,

Otherwise, perhaps what I suggested a while back, where a friendly player (squadmate for example) can assume control of your tailgunner on the fly. As an alternate option.