Controllable tail gunners!

Your pursuers in dogfights will not be happy, because in the upcoming major update you will be able to take control of some of your aircraft’s defensive weapons and take on those annoying fighter!

After switching to your gunner, you won’t lose control of the aircraft - it will continue to fly on the same course, but you can adjust it with ailerons, elevators, rudders, or by increasing or decreasing the throttle.

In this update, you’ll only be able to switch to your tail gunners - defending you against enemies from the rear of the aircraft. In the future, we plan to expand the choice of turrets you can switch to.

Don’t forget to add a gunner to your aircraft’s crew to try out this new feature!

86 Likes

omg YES it finally happen

immediate reply before i read

technically i predict something today but sadly it wasnt this new but that dont matter this is something i didnt expect

13 Likes

Hooray something useful but it would still be nice if we had bigger AA guns on the ground

13 Likes

I hope this feature is not going to be buggy as hell.

20 Likes

As long as they don’t rush the update we should be fine

2 Likes

Will we be able to change the camo on premium vehicles? I’m tired of my Jagdpanther being tan :frowning:

16 Likes

hell yeah. Been longing for this!

4 Likes

Do AI tail gunners even work at the moment? I know it doesn’t work on the U2 and the Stuka, Can’t speak for the other aircraft.

6 Likes

ju188 yes idk about other tho

3 Likes

So randy right now. Its finally happened

20 Likes

LMAO💀I have kings and generals playing in the background and was using voice to text, Peloponnesian war baby💪

3 Likes

oh that make sense now i was super confuse when it type Athens

2 Likes

Oh yes.

My Ju-188 just went from being borderline useless to godmode against aircraft!

4 Likes

Does the tail gunners perspective have advance cues? @James_Grove

1 Like

OMG finally, Thanks DF, but hoping that all reported broken AI tailgunner work or if the new thing is now defend own plane, which I’m kind of ok with, with so long as my remapped airlerons, rudders dont conflict with new mappings for gunners.

1 Like

Will remotely operated turrets have the camera stuck to the gun(s) or the gunner seat?

An example would be the Me 410. Same gunner controls several remotely-operated guns.

Where will the camera attach?

3 Likes

What about Gun targeting distance (m) and Vertical targeting?

In Enlisted ,we don’t have that!

Then our cannons and machine guns could not converge to a single point, making it difficult to effectively inflict maximum damage.

2 Likes

Remote turrets might come in the next major updates, not in this one.

14 Likes

Thank you for answering.

2 Likes

Can you make a list of turreted planes that will NOT benefit from this update?

3 Likes