Coming Soon: Economy Changes

Well, very good indication are knives. Of course only if you haven’t swapped them for something else.

1 Like

US has only 4 % of world population.

Gents, looks like the changes are live now.

4 Likes

Wow! :sunglasses: thanks for letting us know. :+1:

(I was going to sell a mass of unused soldiers and found out I was late.)

Yikes…

I’m so glad I did it yesterday. Can you share the updated selling prices?

Wow that was fast

1 Like

A 5 star tier IV soldier now sells at 7700 silver (used to sell at something above 10k). While a 2 star one is worth 7100.

Edit: it’s impressive since it’s almost the whole purchase cost.

Full star tier III at 4860

Tier II at 1430

Tier 1 at 570

1 Like

Thanks!

So ±800 per reroll, that’s not bad at all.

well, it’s on, fast and furious, for better and for worse it’s done, i think it will be good for the game and deffinately for new players, realistically in 1 week ish you should have br 2 basic lineups for every nation, hopefully the playerbase will grow, fingers crossed.

good job devs/CM - for working with the playerbase overall (at least in the end)

2 Likes

well i dont have data for rest of the world, but this could be easily translated to EU or any country with high income.

1 Like

This was it in a nutshell. DF had to address the fact that Steam brought a lot of new players, and the grind and economy was absolute shit for new players.

Considering how much cheaper the lower tiers are now, it’s obvious this change was geared to help new players get integrated into the game as a whole and even out the early grind so they’d not be “noobs” forever compared to Vets.

Thus all the fear (from a few people) about noobs making it to BR5 super fast is a little ridiculous since it will still take them a lot of time since the T3 and T4 prices weren’t dropped as much.

I started in May of 2024. I just think you’re wildly underestimating the grind.

I mean, I look at people talking about “perfect soldiers” and I’m like…WTF is that?? It costs me a fortune to just equip my T2 and T3 soldiers with mines and upgraded weapons and all the rest.

And I’m one of the “whales” everyone talks about. But I also decided that, as it was, I wasn’t going to spend more money - it was just WAY too expensive to spend THAT much money on a game that’s still in beta.

Also, one way we CAN see about the grind is on the reviews on Steam. I haven’t read every one, but I distinctly remember reading “GRIND” in descriptions of negative reviews repeatedly.

Now, I can actually look realistically at playing other factions in the low tiers and take advantage of the “play any faction” button which will have a downstream effect of helping the AI issues (b/c less bots) and the MM issues (b/c incentive to play other factions regardless of meme).

These changes are REALLY good for this game.

Yeah, let’s hope that’s true. I was just sharing my doubts about the excessive amount of resources that a fairly large group of veterans have. And the possibility that a much larger mass of people could reach such a state easily.
I was stating my thoughts on what it could potentially lead to.

That’s fair. I think what it really gets down to is how hard it is at this point of the game’s life for DF/Gaijin to manage the game for long-time veterans vs new players.

And, I may be crazy on this one but where their big money will be will likely be with new players - IF they can get it right.

(Some) Veterans often have more research and silver than they will ever need, so there’s little incentive for them to buy the battle pass. There’s no need to buy silver. There’s no need to pay for advanced/increased research.

New players need ALL of that stuff. And as others have mentioned, new players means that some of those will spend money in a game they enjoy. Eventually the new players will be veterans and get to later stages of the game.

And hopefully, the veterans get the rewards of more players, more interesting matches and, in fact, the influx of money into the game by having less of a barrier to entry (massive grind) means more “new stuff” for everyone, including veteran players.

And hey, they may have cool loot boxes. :slight_smile:

Well, that’s it. I don’t want end game progress to look like you’re just gonna keep opening loot boxes to hoard rare past event rewards and potentially completely exclusive stuff for those boxes.

Hopefully there will be some more meaningful and consistent way how to spend those resources.

Maybe squads of different nationalities in already present factions (new factions are nonsense, maybe with exception of factions that could ally more than one legacy faction to balance MM). Maybe allow you to research mirror british squad as equivalent to each american squad, etc.

Let’s see…

What the? This doesn’t seem very gaijin? This seems practically Human…how odd.

2 Likes

That’s all great stuff - or even new phrases that the soldiers can say. If they made the cosmetic part of the game easier to use, I’d likely use it more and spend more money on it. :smiley:

I mean, cosmetics are how so many games make stupid amounts of money. Obviously more limited in this game as they try to make it somewhat realistic, but yeah, there are still tons of ways of adding to this game. I’d definitely dig having all/majority British units (despite being American) - or seeing Australian, Canadian, Indian, Free French, whatever.

If they had enough cash flow, who knows, maybe expansions would be for two new factions (breakout the British? Italian? (again) French on both sides? Chinese?

With new factions, it’d give entire research trees for every player to dive into. But, they’d need the playerbase to support it, but it would give a lot of possible content/incentive for every player in the game.

And that gets down to these changes again - less grind early on opens up two factions for me right now. I had stopped playing German after my first month and I only have ever played 5 games as the Japanese. (I played the Japanese more by accident in not realizing I had the “Play any faction” checked.) Now, given the incentive to use that button again, and less cost in opening up low tier Japan, I can immediately start expanding into that tree now.

I definitely see that as a good thing!

1 Like

Excelent news. This have renewed my faith in the Devs! Good job!

people will complain about anything, you give them the BEST FUCKING THING, and they still complain, they complain about USELESS STUFF, like for example, you give someone THE BEST PC, and they will complain it isnt RGB!, same thing here, dumbasses complain about “issues”, which arent issues in the first place, and only be negative!, why?, they have NO LIFE, and they want to down on others because their life sucks!

like who the HELL complains about such “issues”??, im so pissed off from these trolls, honestly, they should be perma muted for trolling!

1 Like