Are you Pro Merge, Anti-Merge, or Neutral? (Let's review)

Yeah, people do act like this game will never get another patch or update.

I think it was very important to release this update already.

5 Likes

Very reasonable opinion

3 Likes

here have another one

just as i expected Axis BR1-2 is half dead because they are so underpowered when compared to the Soviets and USA.

it reminds me of WT’s matches where you spawncamp entire enemy team. Player retention going to be even worse now lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, i just hope the feedback since test 1 gets acted on swiftly.

It is significant…IMO

3 Likes

There are actually too many BRs already. The BR values are insane for half the things. What is the point of adding more BRs when you play against 4-stacks of BR5 failures no matter what you bring?
Had a BR4 lineup - oops all Tigers/StG/FG/Conders/Premium squads taking 3 fully upgraded SVT-40 bodyshots to get killed
Had a BR3 lineup - oops all Tigers/StG/FG/Conders/Premium squads taking 3 fully upgraded SVT-38 bodyshots to get killed
The game got incredibly frustrating since my friends don’t have full BR5 lineups like I do and I actually spent a ton of silver to buy a BR4 then BR3 weapon sets, only to fight same stuff, at greater disadvantage
Why can’t the matchmaker have conditional lineups? Where I queue as BR3 for example, but if we land in BR5 lobby I get to use my good stuff and actually make the game more even?

1 Like

More BRs means you can spread out the gear away from each other. But to work you also need more queues to actually make a difference.

2 Likes

That’s my point though - the spread is way too much already. At least russian BR4 is just egregiously bad compared to a 10 player BR5 germany, but you also can play BR3 vs BR5.
For BR4: the SVT-40 is kind of garbage and the AVT/AVS is hilariously at BR5, last good SMG pre BR5 is PPSh-42/43 in BR2, the MG’s are decent but are no MG42. For planes you literally do not have BR4 options. Fighting and beating space UFOs in the P-40, 1941 IL2 and La-5 is a bit hilarious but I’m afraid will get old soon enough
BR3 is even more lopsided.
Whats the point of going to let’s say 7 BR’s, then letting BR2 fight BR7 anyway?

2 Likes

you wouldnt. thats where the queues come into its. 1-2, 3-4. 5-6, 7-8 etc etc.

Alot cleared if you just look at the diagram in the thread I posted you

1 Like

My point was that so far it seems devmans will let hilariously lopsided matches just to get enough players in them.
Of course it would be nice to not be forced to use abysmally obsolete stuff to fight best weapons in the game.
However, we have to feed BR5 Germany something, anything. BR2 and BR3 will do fine too

Personally I feel that it’s high time to bring out the stick against egregious stacking.
Have Herr Clippy pop up and inform them “Zis queue timer have been uncapped and might take 2h before we find you some hapless bolt action players to run over in your King Tigor, consider switching to a different nation”

1 Like

It died, and The New Enlisted was born. Time will tell whether this new baby is going to survive, or get eaten alive by the community.

1 Like

A lack of Edson’s Ridge, Henderson Field, and the actual night battle at Tenaru will do that to a man…

Edson’s ridge RO2 - YouTube

2 Likes

Love the merge. No longer need to grind the progression anymore.
Will forever stick to BR2.
BR3~5 match is toxic.

4 Likes

neutral

i love the consolidated playerbase making matchmaking filled with more player than bots.
i am still waiting for a better UI and less jurry rigged UI that better suited the new system though.
also some way to tag squads so i know which one is from what. a nickname of sort so i can easily knew which radio squad have engineer and which one didn’t.

1 Like

cool, how do I play as that?

I am sorry to complain, dont want to be negative or insulting, but for me the merge is a complete f*ck up and a total mess.

• Before even starting a new game I need to check and adjust all the perks for all my infantry? Any idea how long that will take? And I need to get rid of 1 million stupid green icons everywhere telling me about ‘new’ equipment that I already have equipped? And this will give both my arms RSI so I cant play at all anymore?
  • Some of my infantry have different appearances now. I need to check them all and correct when necessary. Why did you change the appearances that I bought and selected? And I need to buy the appearance again, while I already had bought it?
  • This game never gives any useful information about stuff I see. All this crap about tiers, BR, I dont give a sh*t. I just want to select some squads, click ‘start battle’ and have fun. But noooooo I must worry about this and that, select this but not that…I dont want to worry about the strength of the enemy that I might encounter. Dont bother me with tiers and a million presets for stuff. Its all overly complicated and unclear.
  • Before the merge I had all western allied campaigns at max level. So I had all their regular squads, equipment and vehicles. But now suddenly new things appear in the (horrible) research tree. Where did they come from? Why did I not get them before? How does this even work?
  • In the research tree most icons are grey but some are brown. What the h*ell does that mean? I already am supposed to have those things. But I can research some new things by starting research. How does that work? Can I research more than 1 thing at a time or not? Why does this game never explain anything.
  • Research tree: it says ‘reward available’ and a ‘buy’ button. Why give the option to buy something again, while I already have it, but I cant see that in the sh*t tree and I dont want another one?
  • Yesterday I double clicked a plane in the tree. OK now you own it! That was not my plan at all, I just wanted more info on the plane. But NO! Double click means ‘buy’ without asking me ‘are you sure?’ so I lost silver and got stuck with another useless vehicle.
  • In the research tree there is a new (for me) P-38J-15. I already had all USA P-38s (1x tunisia and 2x normandy). It is identical to the normandy version. I bought this one by mistake (see above). But in the specs I see that this version is faster that the ones I already had. Where did it come from suddenly, with more power? I dont see it in the relase notes. Same thing goes for the P-40 which is suddenly new in the tree while I already had everything unlocked for western allies…what are you people thinking?
  • There also is a new mortar and tank which I can research, I was supposed to have this stuff already since I maxed out western allies…
  • I cant learn anything from the game itself, I need to read on the forum to see what the hell is going on and watch YT videos from other players who explain more than the game itself.
  • The biggest mistake is random campaigns.

Ok so this is just after looking around a bit.
Before the merge I wrote that I did not see one single improvement.
And after the merge I still dont.
Not one single thing has become nicer, better, easier or whatever, only the opposite.
I liked the game as it was, now everything has changed and it sucks.
I dont even want to participate in the event.
I will give it a try for a few days and hope that it will be ok…

4 Likes

The merge did need to happen, but was every possible avenue explored to improve the merge further and avoid splitting up the player base without chasing off potential customers?

For instance, instead of creating countries as factions, create different fronts as factions:

• Western Front: US, Western European powers, and throw in Africa

• Eastern Front: USSR, Eastern European countries that fought against the Axis

• Axis European: Germany, Italy, and other European countries allied with Germany before starting to backstab.
    Make Axis European Universal to avoid splitting them up.

• Pacific Allies: US, Aussies, NZ, CW, Philippines, China, and whoever else was fighting the Pacific Axis

• Pacific Axis: Japan and Thailand

Each faction listed includes every country, so there is no need to add another faction in the future. All that needs to be done is add equipment and vehicles to each faction’s tree. But with the current way the merge is, you will need to add more factions as more countries come along.

But with the way the factions are set up and the matchmaking and progression system, it feels more and more like War Thunder infantry instead of Enlisted.

It seems the developers are on a mandatory timeline from Gaijin to keep their jobs, which explains why this is a glorified copy-and-paste fiasco. I suppose it would be better to meet their schedule and iron out the issues later, but they are not doing it in a way that makes it tolerable for many players. The best solution to this is to reason with Gaijin and get two to three business quarters to breathe and fix the foundations of the game. As critical of the developers as I am, I do recognize they love working on Enlisted, with the way they make the scenery and the small details pop. In a way, it is like a woman making a house into a home. But what does it matter when your home’s foundations are crumbling all around? If the developers acknowledge the main issues in the game and work actively to fix them, this community will stand behind the developers no matter how long it takes them to fix the foundations—the bipods, the gun sights, the maps, etc. I can and will say we will stand behind them, but they must acknowledge it and tell us they are working on it first. All it takes is one public announcement and let us know they are or plan to specifically work on the foundations.

4 Likes

Sounds like Tunisia 2.0 tbh but with worse tanks.

2 Likes

it’s worth to mention that enlisted UI was never truly clear, you just got used to it in the past, I remember i had to check instructions on YT and forum for old UI too, it was equally unclear as it is now and that’s very worrying.

2 Likes

My opinion about it:

Pros:

• faster progression
  • no duplicate unlocks
  • being able to use the squads you like and not being limited to campaign combinations
  • cheaper premiums
  • potential for many new small but important maps (like brest fortress)
  • new content does not have to be late war stuff, new content can be added at early war stages too

Cons:

• complicated rank and perk system
  • not being able to select campaigns
  • weapons cant be used in its historical locations, like ppsh in moscow
  • feels weird to have a too wide range of different weapons in one battlefield
  • squad type limit of a preset (2)
2 Likes

That’s not a thing a yet. And maybe never will be. Nobody can’t be certain of it at this point.

2 Likes