An easy way to approach the nationality issue with soldiers

This suggestion would open up customization and avoid the shop being flooded with multiple nationalities for each soldier rank added to the game now and in the future. I don’t think when you add Engineer 3, you want to add 2 nationalities for it in the shop, then when you add Rifleman 4 add another two etc. The shop would be bloated.

One approach, would be to make nationalities a cosmetic.

Default/initial showing of the soldier:

Swapping to US nationality as a cosmetic:

The cosmetic would affect the following:

• Voice/accent/tone/lines
  • Default uniform for each campaign
  • Facial features, since brits have distinct/different facial features in-game. (Have not include this in the concept as it would take too long to photoshop the face, but you get the idea)
  • This is just a concept/example, it would obviously affect Italians or any other future nationalities you guys want to add, like Canadians or whatever.

This way you would apply retroactively to any soldier you had so you don’t have to give up whatever soldier you liked.

Would be ideal to add this feature as soon as possible to address the issue we have now, so we don’t have to wait for it long and add future nationalities later on. As recording lines and adding them into the game, would be far more work and would take longer.

A second option to approach this matter, would be to add a nationality selection every time you buy a soldier. But the one I suggested initially is far more dynamic and can be adjusted as you please which opens up possibilities.

19 Likes

yea i want to have more italian guy in my squad but of course i dont have that many since i didnt farm tunisia

1 Like

Canadians definitely need Beaty little eyes and flapping jaws

1 Like

No but honestly this is a good idea. They could also add black character models for the Americans

3 Likes

yea idk if people might start doing thing but there are already black people voiceline (the artillery guy voice for example)

personally i dont mind it but of course some people might

1 Like

Honestly not a bad idea. It would be cool if they could add French soldiers in for the Allies, or Hungarians for the Axis too!

3 Likes

Canadians, Australians, French, Hungarians, Romanians, Irish, New Zealanders etc list could go on.

But for now would be ideal to address the issue we have, then look at new voicelines and other things. This is an easy implementation, new nationalities take a lot of time.

7 Likes

BIG YES to that one, may the messiah bless you with even more wisdom each day brother

You could also lock nationalities only to battles they would have participated in, assuming they’re keeping the campaign system for cosmetics.

So for example, Italian troops would only be available for Tunisia or Stalingrad, and Sicily if it were ever added. For Moscow you might be able to choose between Germans or Finns. Etc.

Cool

I think it’s a totally cool and ingenious suggestion.

4 Likes

Give this OP a medal.

2 Likes

French will be too weird. Brits using murican guns makes sense but French had their own arsenal and couldnt get any help from us before capitulation.
Just leave french be

France, Italy and UK should have their own trees, but in this state of the game so far the best solution is this.

Free French Force Would make use of French, British and American guns

1 Like

This is a great idea, low order price would be good too, also, what about the names? Would it also change the name depending on the nationality you pick?

1 Like

Its not an issue with America/Britain as they are both English speaking, but Germany and Italy could get messy quickly.
Name has to change along nationality for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

Hermoso.