I think this entire topic suffers from a lack of perspective…
All the arguments leveled against the VG 1-5 can also be leveled against the M1 Carbine - one wonders if you even considered other carbine style weapons at all before making this suggestion. That is, all the arguments except the supposed “insane accuracy” - if anything is insane, it’s calling a 0.01 difference in dispersion compared to other semi-autos at BR III “insane”. I wouldn’t mind if the dispersion of the VG was reduced - it is a scrap gun after all, it shouldn’t have better dispersion than actual assault rifles - but it’s curious that there is no option for this in your poll.
“TTK” is also just a fancy term thrown in here without anything to back it up… I seriously doubt the TTK is much different from other semi-auto rifles of its BR, who usually have higher damage and thus much longer effective ranges. TTK would have to also factor in the higher velocity of full-powered rifles, as well as their one-hit potential… across multiple ranges, comparisons against people with and without both vitality and body armour, making the match-up much fairer than you give it credit for, I suspect.
It is also worth to consider that all of the advantages of carbine-style weapons are lost on AI, who just shoot them like regular rifles… they do not rapidly tap out shots like players can do.
Maybe a slight-to-moderate dispersion reduction, and then make all carbine-like weapons (like the US M1) have the same universal-selection ability - I really need my drivers to have M1s. That’s the only thing that should be considered here…
Meanwhile, the poll options are mad. We got:
Amazing…
This topic is vastly overstated, hyperbolous, and more than a little inaccurate. On top of that, your poll options are ridiculous.
I don’t think it can be said that the VG 1-5 is “objectively better” than all BR III SA rifles. Are they useful…? Yes, but they don’t make regular, higher-damage rifles without a purpose. Is this a more assault-oriented weapon…? Absolutely, but you don’t really get to benefit from that unless you are close enough to leverage your advantages… at ranges where SMGs and MGs will still dominate.
Overall; poorly argued, overwhelmingly subjective, and the proposed solutions are bananas…