❓ Your questions about the mission editor and launching user missions in the game

Almost forgot to tell that _extends probably very soon will be replaced by _use. You can add in code both of them.

I mean it will be looks like it in code:

stationary_breda_mod_30{
  _extends:t="stationary_mg42"
  _use:t="stationary_mg42"

And after update you can remove _extends.

1 Like

Oh ok, thanks for the info!

1 Like

Do any of the developers have a tutorial on how to Use DagorEngine? The terraforming tool on the Mod Editor is not enough for my purposes of creating a new map. Considering it is nearly impossible to make flat land, are there any plans to improve the terraforming tool?

I’m having a lot of trouble figuring out how to configure the DagorEngine Opensource code into an application. Are we able to make a map in Unity, Unreal or blender and then import the terrain over to the mod editor? Any help would be great!

a very good thing to do in games…is to take cheaters very seriously…the more you report cheaters, the more they become. Asking yourself if the reports are of any use? The games will end up like Heroes and General, just like Heroes and General players who cheat land in enlisted… All the time the same card comes and it becomes annoying…

tried to apply a layer of snow, like in the Ardennes or Stalingrad. I rewrote all the lines from them, but it didn’t work. Somehow it happened unexpectedly and spontaneously, and then I sat down to work on the map objects. However, after a couple of hours, when I returned to the computer, there was no layer, although I did not edit the properties. Can you describe sequentially how to add a layer of snow to Moscow, please?

1 Like

the answers you are looking for, can be inside this thread.

scroll down too to find more messages etc.

2 Likes

there is one more question. I add effects to the map (smoke, fire). They show up when I click on them in the editor, but when I launch the map again or even the map online, the effects do not appear. There are sounds though.

What entities you use for create them in editor?

in “create entity” and there in the effects section. I take it from there and post it. Honestly, I don’t know how else

this may help you.

2 Likes

Well… I just wanted to clarify which object you created. Also some effects have a limited duration. Maybe you used them? But anyways thanks for info.

Sorry, I don’t speak English and the translator may have translated it incorrectly. Or I’m a fool) I created the object в fire_tank_smoke_medium_cmps_fx. By the way, there is another question: how to make a ladder work? I saw some at the original locations ghostly shapes on stairs, but you can’t click on them, and simply copying this staircase to another location makes it inoperable

1 Like

You need to create scene_ladder entity.

1 Like

Is it possible to somehow transfer models of destroyed tanks from one map to another? These models are not in the game_rendist_decor list. Is it possible to add them there somehow?

Is it possible to preserve the appearance of a tank that was previously completely destroyed? For example, spawn a working tank on the map and destroy it, saving it in this form on the map.

1 Like

yes.

through prefab.

1. click " toolbox " on the top right corner:

and select rendinst:

( you’ll notice your cursor becomes a square box )

then press on the item that you want to save once, which you will then see the items being selected through circles.

hit " within " button: ( a couple of times )

and you’ll notice more items will be selected

( otherwise, only one )
which you can see the text telling you what is being selected.

if you do not like something because you might have selected too much, just hold CTRL and select click the item that you do not want inside the selection: ( in this case, let’s make an example, i do not want the barrell )

then, hit " Instance " and you’ll notice that circles became boxes.

which it’s good.

after that, make sure the boxes are still red, and select " prefabs " near Toolbox

click " Create prefab from […] "

give it a name,

and click “create”.

after that, switch map,

open the prefab, search the newly created item on the list, and double click it.

general tips, and things you have to be weary

• the prefab creates a box named prefab.

this box is usefull because you will only have to move this box opposed to every single item.
can be used for houses or larget quantities of objects without having to move them one by one.

• in order to save space and code, make sure to click " Shatter " on the prefab box once you have positioned correctly as you desire various objects and stuff.

if you move the prefab box, others items attached to it will move with it too.

therefore be careful of stuff that you duplicate from the prefab.

because if you remove or move around the preafab, also objects named:

may get deleted / moved around

because of the prefab object template inside.

hence, make sure to shatter the prefab once you are done with it.

• prefab can works on many things. such as effects, entities, soldiers, vehicles etc. but sometimes it may appear invisible. so just duplicate it, remove the first, and then shatter it.

yes.

through prefab as well.

you want to untick/uncheck: " is_alive "( inside the vehicle’s properties )

and check these settings

then hit the " toggle time "

( be weary of the explosion sound which can be loud if you are looking at it )

which, you then use as shown above, the method of saving prefabs

or, another method is, you can set the seats of the vehicles to 0 and then change the vehicle camouflage to camo_null*

that way, the vehicle is still in tact, but looks rusty and wont affect performance.

3 Likes

I saw someone had this problem, but couldn’t find it. My soldiers on the Pacific battles map are not moving. They do not follow orders, they only run to the car if I get into it myself. Is there any way I can get them to follow me? Or is it that there are no points on the map to attack and no zones?

Is it possible to somehow “draw” roads on the map, in the form of a track along which vehicles have passed?

Is it possible to somehow change the color of the car? Changing the color tone is easy.

1 Like

you need to set battle areas.

https://sandbox.enlisted.net/pages/mod_howto/

no.

but you can use promenade rendists as one.

yes and no.

yes, you can change colors of various vehicle

through entities.blk

and here is examples:

vehicle_color_random{

"shader_color__shaderVarNames:list<t>"{
    name:t="primary_color"
  }

"shader_color__colors:list<p4>"{
    value:p4=9.0, 9.0, 1.0, 9.0
  }
}

you can play around with the values and create colors that you want.

you can also change the name.

some examples,

vehicle_color_pink{

}

value:p4=5.0, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
  }
}
vehicle_color_pure_white{

}

value:p4=9.0, 5.0, 9.0, 9.0
  }
}

and you can make many colors as you want:

as long you figure out how colors work.

but, at the same time, not all vehicles can be colored. such as the nissan 80s, GMC and few others.

or, other vehicles ( such as bikes ) needs to be changed through textures as the same method of tanks:

it’s slighlty outdated.
meaning that, the method has changed. you no longer can change camo by just using a random name. you have to specify the current texture and then tell what you want that textures to change with.

more can be found inside that thread.

but i generally suggest you to translate this thread (недо)Гайд по редактору: Киллер фичи и пути к их созданию - Игровые моды - Enlisted
with any translator to understand most of the editor.

3 Likes

YOOOOO

Perhaps the question is not about the editor, but I’ll ask anyway. I want to make a map based on the Pacific Ocean, where the gameplay is heavily dependent on vegetation, but it is drawn at a short distance, thanks to which the enemy running in the distance is clearly visible, while he does not see anything. This is especially true for underwater vegetation (which is what I need). Is there a way to solve this problem and make it so that vegetation appears even at long distances for everyone?

nope.

we cannot determine the LOD of objects at distance.

which with the last update majority of the trees have been broken.

as it goes for the vegetation, you can try by placing bushes and make them bigger.

but keep in mind that the bushes placed in the editor do not slow down players ( like normal bushes placed on the map does ). and AI are perfectly capable of seeing through and shoot.

which might not be the best or optimal experience for players.

1 Like