Question about level editor

How do I remove buildings, railroads, and other things in the editor? I want to create a clean canvas so to speak.

2 Likes

that’s the neat part.

you don’t.

somewhat joking.

anyway, you can by remove stuff with the scenary remover. which you can find it by going in the rendinst and place a scenary remover. resize it how big you want it to be and include the things you want to remove.

then hit the scan button, and then remove_scanned.

step by step

and this part you resize as you want:

hit scan

hit remove, save and voilà-

but your mod will be by default 40+mbs before even starting if you remove most of the things on the map.
( i mean, i don’t recommend doing that unless you want your mod to be played in singleplayers like mine ) you’d be better off going over the margin of the maps, use the grass eraser in the terraform tool and remove some trees to then place buildings and stuff from a relatively " empty canva ".

or… wait a while while before they will allow us to load empty maps and what not.

3 Likes

Thank you very much; this is very helpful. I have one more question: How do I add buildings? Are they under entities as well?

under rendinsts.

but those comes incomplete.

so i reccomend saving existing ones as prefabs and use them.

the method above works for pretty much all objectives on the map. which will save you alot of time

and you can save them if you want.

3 Likes

Can you save roads as Prefabs as well?

no.

roads are some sort of node with parameters that we cannot touch nor make.

but you can use promenade stairs reindinsts as roads.

2 Likes

You can use terrain patches to get a “clean” canvas.

Whoops answered to wrong person. anyway

2 Likes

But… Entity scenery_remover doesn’t much increase file size? Everytime when loading map, remover will just clean area. Which sometimes isn’t very good thing if entity is huge and as result it may take some time to clear map.

i can talk for experience that both when you remove alot of things, and create a custom mission on top of it, it won’t load and things can be very heavy in a matter of seconds.

unless the zip made things better.

which could be. since i haven’t really experimeted that much with zip things outside the battle foy pve, and still got disappointed.

but maybe i do things that the game does not like.

1 Like