❓ Your questions about the mission editor and launching user missions in the game

Hey guys, is there a way to make that the planes can capture sphere domination zones?

1 Like

Weird. Property capzone__canCaptureOnVehicle doesn’t work on aircraft :confused:
You can try to mix aircraft with vehicle using entities.blk, but currently time I can’t tell what exacly you can do it.

3 Likes

Excuse me, has anyone noticed some driving issues with Object-279? It seems that it can’t be driven normally.
Meanwhile, it seems that the lighting effects on the moon map will automatically disappear and other event profiles cannot be enabled

2 Likes

This error has been around for a long time, if memory serves, he needs to change net_phys.

2 Likes

Hi all!

I tried to create a stationary machinegun with a different look from what we already have
so I took a stationary mg42 and changed the “animchar_res” (my banana-brain tought this would be a smart move) like this :

but when I tried to use it… Well, I ended up like this:

not as I hoped…

But, Joking aside, does anyone know if it’s possible to change the look of a fixed mg and make it work?
if yes, how can I do it?

1 Like

Probably you can’t do it right now, because stationary weapon’s animchar contains different nodes that Breda mod 30 doesn’t have. I tried to replace all nodes from breda (eyeCam and stationary_gun_fulcrum_node), but it seems useless. Or maybe I missing something.

After all I changed camera (gun__cameraTemplate) to dev_tps_cam.

This is probably the maximum that you can to do without using entities.blk.

With entities.blk (basic info about it) you can attach animchar to your stationary weapon. And then maybe hide it or hide some parts.

There is code:

stationary_breda_mod_30{
  _extends:t="stationary_mg42"
  _use:t="stationary_mg42"

gun__ammo:i=6000
  gun__shotFreq:r=8.03
  gun__locName:t="breda_mod_30"
  item__name:t="items/breda_mod_30"

gun__overheatPerShot:r=0.05
  gun__overheatReduceOnOverheat:r=0.3
  gun__overheatReduce:r=0.0

gun__length:r=0.4
  gun_deviation__shotTau:r=0.1
  gun_deviation__omegaRange:p2=30.0, 90.0
  gun_deviation__omegaDevInc:p2=0.07, 0.5
  gun_deviation__movementRange:p2=0.1, 4.0
  gun_deviation__movementDevInc:p2=14.0, 35.0
  gun_deviation__onShotDeviationChange:r=0.0
  gun_deviation__extraDeviationTau:r=0.2
  gun_deviation__maxDeviation:r=20.0
  gun_shell_ejection__timeMult:r=0.35
  gun_spread__maxDeltaAngle:r=0.36
  gun__recoilAmount:r=0.055
  gun__recoilDirAmount:r=0.6
  gun__recoilDir:r=0.0
  gun__recoilControlMult:r=0.9
  gun__recoilOffsMult:r=0.1
  gun__visualRecoilMult:r=0.4

"gun__shells:array"{
    shells:t="content/enlisted/gamedata/weapons/bullets/6.5x52_carcano_tracer.blk"
  }

_group{
    _tags:t="sound"
    gun_sound__forceOneshot:b=yes
  }

"gun_sound__shotPath:shared:object"{
    _tags:t="sound"
    path:t="/weapon/mgun/zb_26"
  }

"attach_decorators__entities:list<eid>"{ 
  }

"attach_decorators__templates:array"{
    "attach_decorators__templates:object"{
      relativeTm:m=[[-0.999961, 3.72529e-08, 1.51061e-06] [-1.09516e-06, -0.999961, -2.72546e-06] [1.89897e-06, -9.8662e-08, 0.999956] [-0.000361009, -0.776566, 7.61304e-05]]
      template:t="breda_mod_30_animchar"
      nodeName:t="gunFx_main"
    }
  }

"disableDMParts:list<t>"{
    part:t="mg42_ammo"
    part:t="mg_body"
  }
}

breda_mod_30_animchar{
  _extends:t="base_vehicle_decor"
  _use:t="base_vehicle_decor"

animchar__res:t="breda_mod_30_char"
  collres__res:t="breda_mod_30_collision"

"disableDMParts:list<t>"{
    part:t="bipod_1_mesh"
    part:t="bipod_2_mesh"
  }
}

I added overheat properties for create fake reloading. 20 shots and some cooldown. You can freely edit it. Properties deviation, spread and recoil i used from ingame breda mod 30. Also it seems that stationary mg42 don’t have properly shell ejection. You can remove it for disable.

UPD: Added disableDMParts inside breda_mod_30_animchar entity and hide bipods.

3 Likes

Wow!
That’s awesome, thank u again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Almost forgot to tell that _extends probably very soon will be replaced by _use. You can add in code both of them.

I mean it will be looks like it in code:

stationary_breda_mod_30{
  _extends:t="stationary_mg42"
  _use:t="stationary_mg42"

And after update you can remove _extends.

1 Like

Oh ok, thanks for the info!

1 Like

Do any of the developers have a tutorial on how to Use DagorEngine? The terraforming tool on the Mod Editor is not enough for my purposes of creating a new map. Considering it is nearly impossible to make flat land, are there any plans to improve the terraforming tool?

I’m having a lot of trouble figuring out how to configure the DagorEngine Opensource code into an application. Are we able to make a map in Unity, Unreal or blender and then import the terrain over to the mod editor? Any help would be great!

a very good thing to do in games…is to take cheaters very seriously…the more you report cheaters, the more they become. Asking yourself if the reports are of any use? The games will end up like Heroes and General, just like Heroes and General players who cheat land in enlisted… All the time the same card comes and it becomes annoying…

tried to apply a layer of snow, like in the Ardennes or Stalingrad. I rewrote all the lines from them, but it didn’t work. Somehow it happened unexpectedly and spontaneously, and then I sat down to work on the map objects. However, after a couple of hours, when I returned to the computer, there was no layer, although I did not edit the properties. Can you describe sequentially how to add a layer of snow to Moscow, please?

1 Like

the answers you are looking for, can be inside this thread.

scroll down too to find more messages etc.

2 Likes

there is one more question. I add effects to the map (smoke, fire). They show up when I click on them in the editor, but when I launch the map again or even the map online, the effects do not appear. There are sounds though.

What entities you use for create them in editor?

in “create entity” and there in the effects section. I take it from there and post it. Honestly, I don’t know how else

this may help you.

2 Likes

Well… I just wanted to clarify which object you created. Also some effects have a limited duration. Maybe you used them? But anyways thanks for info.

Sorry, I don’t speak English and the translator may have translated it incorrectly. Or I’m a fool) I created the object в fire_tank_smoke_medium_cmps_fx. By the way, there is another question: how to make a ladder work? I saw some at the original locations ghostly shapes on stairs, but you can’t click on them, and simply copying this staircase to another location makes it inoperable

1 Like

You need to create scene_ladder entity.

1 Like