Your feedback about last update

Hi,

All in all I like the latest update. The new maps are good tor ven great - depending on the mode, APCs are a nice addition.

That beiing said, there are some issues or bugs that shoud be adressed. For me, the most annoying ones at the moment are:

1 – BUG:

“Long arm guys”, the ai soldiers that stuck with their hands somewhere and then pull their arms across the whole map.

2-IMBALANCE:

No Paratroopers for Germany in BR I, II and III. In order to have a balance in the game, you sacrifice in some cases historical accuracy (German Panzerfaust for Russians, Puma in low tier) which is a good thing in order to have a fair game.

However, in BR I,II and II Germany is massively handicapped because they have, as the ONLY faction, NO Paratroopers. Funny as they were the first nation to use them in battle. I would really ask you to change this, either by:

A – Rate the Italian Paratroopers lvl II. The SMG has a 20 shot magazine and is weaker than the lvl II Russian SMGs. The flamethrower can be put out of the drop box, as you have already implemented a mechanic to adjust the boxes to the current BR.

B – Give the German Paratroopers (and maybe one Paratrooper unit from all factions) the same ability the Russian Paratroopers have, to change the main weapon.

Whatever solution you prefer, having NO paratroopers in the low tiers for Germany/Italy is in my opinion a total no go and goes completely against the game balance as paratroopers give you a massive tactical advantage, especially if the opposite side has none!

3- BUG:

Not working customisations. On top of using the cards from the game, I paid real life money to make my squads wearing matching uniforms, fitting to the environment of the campaigns or now maybe better called theatres. On the squad screen all looks fine, e.g. for Stalingrad all ae wearing brown over coats. In game however, suddenly half of my team is wearing the snow uniforms from the Moskau maps in Stalingrad and half of the team wears the correct brown coat I had chosen for Stalingrad.

I mean this is something we pay for and it does not work properly.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why so many people seem to have such an obsession specifically with Battle Rank 2. Battle Rank 3 would work just fine.

1 Like

because BR III can throw you into BR V, so if you aim for BR II, you staying at BR III max,
except for those matches, where it still decides you should go fill in for a BR V match. :smile:

3 Likes

I understand this is the matchmaking rule. But if there is a desire to have German paratroopers available in the low tier matches, those should be set at BR3 and would be available in either lower or upper tier matches.

1 Like

why, i have BR II paras for US, so if German finially get some, why shouldnt they be BR II ?,
and i don’t make decision, what item is given what BR etc
They should just do more events around what’s missing from other nations, that other nations got in events, before they did, etc balance it, make all happy
I mean having IG for 2 nations, but not the other 2 wth?
Germany still no paras BR II
Just a bit unfair for one to have some item, but the team you opposing don’t get that, bit silly.

3 Likes

Making paratroopers BR3 doesn’t make them any stronger and they won’t receive any buff, that just lock the players trying to use the squad to gambling mode.

BSA welgun is BR2 and OG-43 isn’t any better, since the content of the box is dynamic, there is no reason to lock Folgore paratroopers to a higher BR.

5 Likes

The game would be super boring if all of the factions were perfectly equivalent. Germans should have their strengths & weaknesses and Allies should have their strengths and weaknesses.

The complicating factor is that after

I don’t think there should be any BR2 paratroopers (except Soviets which can uniquely choose their weapons)

How is that fair lol?

4 Likes

I don’t understand why you can think this is true.

Only BR2 and BR5 have meaning today except for BR 4 Japan (and US if you’re really into fighting Japan.)

Recently I played USA BR5 and saw German enemies use a biplane (tier 1) and a Stuka (tier 2).
It could be possible that a player made a BR1-3 lineup but made a mistake by using something from BR 3+ which caused him to join a battle BR 3-5 instead of BR 1-3.
But I dont think the planes were used by the same player, so at least 2 players must have made the same mistake…
It looked more like the enemy team BR 1-3 were put in a BR5 battle.

Did your 5 year old child hijack your account?

Why would it make sense for the Soviets to have the only BR2 para’s and to have the unique ability to choose weapons?

I’m guessing you failed at sarcasm or I completely misread your post. Otherwise, it makes little to no sense.

7 Likes

I want there to be advantages to playing each faction. That seems like a reasonable advantage to playing as Soviets

Giving the faction which used the least paratroopers in WW2 an overpowered paratrooper advantage?
Russians would ask for a tank or SMG, but nope, they get paratroopers because balance and reason are bad.

I don’t think that’s overpowered. When you adjust your equipment to a lower tier BR, the airborne supply crate adjusts down as well and the equipment is really crappy.

As for realism, I dislike that the Soviet event paratroopers arrive with Avtomat Federovs. They were exceptionally rare and there would have been no way to equip an entire squad with them in WW2. It would have been more realistic if they came with an assortment of high powered weapons and only one Federov. But that’s just my opinion.

The Soviets used paratroopers throughout the war. They are actually the innovators of airborne combined arms but they tended to use airborne deployment for “as the crow flies” reinforcement rather than using the tactics by the other participants in the war.

What doesn’t make any sense would be to give Germany paratroopers to use against the Soviets because Hitler put a halt to all airborne operations after Crete.

I’m pretty sure you’re interested in getting BR2 German paratroopers. I think that if DF creates a “Road to Rome featuring General Markus Clarkus” campaign, that would be a perfect opportunity to utilize them. The 1st Fallschirmjäger were stationed outside Anzio in Velletri in 1943 and 1944. The Allied 36ID (141, 142, 143 regiments) attacked Velletri and had a night battle with the 1st Fallschirmjäger.

So if the Allied paratroopers are buffed slightly and kicked up to BR3 and Germans get a BR2 Fallschirmjäger unit that is accessible in a hypothetical Italian campaign, that would be historical and fun. But there can’t be German parachutes dropping in Stalingrad or Tunisia. It just didn’t happen. All Nazi airborne operations were halted in 1941.

Nope, not all, just large scale airborne operation were avoided, especially the likes of Crete which weren’t and could not be supported properly.

3 Likes

After Crete, all “behind lines” airborne operations were halted by Hitler’s direct order. He didn’t just halt “large airborne operations.” The German airborne were utilized as infantry units almost exclusively after 1941. The 1st Fallschirmjäger that were at Velletri did not enter by air. They were part of the Hermann Göring Fallschirm-Panzer Division.

Certainly, orders from Nazi high command are only reliable sources of historical information where those orders were obeyed. I would find it believable that there were scattered German airborne drops after Crete, but unless my understanding of this part of history is incorrect, they were unauthorized.

[Edit: make sure to see continuation in next reply]

Fair enough. The Bulge was a last ditch effort. All the rules were out the door. I was not counting the Bulge in this. But that was obviously Belgium. Why would that justify low tier German paratroopers for Tunisia and Stalingrad?

At this point we’ve thrown all historical accuracy out the window So let’s just make everything balance

1 Like

I’m really struggling with your logic here, Soviets had paras, did they historically jump in Stalingrad, you tell me? But you have one faction that can and one who fights against them who CANT, not sure what there is to discuss here, how is that fair?

As for BR2 allied buffed, I can now see the bias in your thinking and maybe reason why you are lacking logic, how on earth do either para squads for allied low tier need a buff?

Hope devs listen to the majority not the edge case minority like yourself, no offence!

4 Likes

Small groups of parachutists were employed in the Winter War against Finland in 1939 and by mid 1941 the Red Army had five Airborne Corps, each of three brigades, totalling 50,000 men. Despite this formidable establishment the Russians never developed the potential of their parachute troops during the Second World War .

Did Germany use paratroopers in Russia?

The Fallschirmjäger were specifically deployed to the east of Leningrad on the River Neva to confront a Red Army effort to relieve the city. In October 1941, the German paratroopers were involved in heavy fighting against the Soviets and were successful in holding off Soviet attacks.

1 Like