Why premium squads are bad and how they can be improved + Community Suggestions

Premise:

i feel like we should discuss about premium squad and what those have become + my personal suggestion about the matter.
first of all, it’s not a priority due to what should come earlier ( such as fixes ) and what i’m about to talk, might actually involves more work and i understand that.
also i have to say this but not everyone will read the whole topic nowdays:

keep in mind that this is just a concept Idea, everything you see, doesn’t mean it’s going to be final or added to the game. just for sake of examples, and i what i think should be added

A bit of context:

i’ll start by saying that i fully support premium squads. as long, they do not bring super powerful or unbroken weapons ( which unfortunately i have the feeling we are starting to reach that line with the newer premium squads, but it’s just my merely opinion )

but, we are to a point where this is getting ridiculous.
as i fully support the idea, i have to admit that i only bought an assaulter MP41 Assaulter Squad Back in CBT and that is basically it.
i’m " sorry " because i really like enlisted, and i would like to start investing a bit more in this title.
but it’s really getting harder. me like many others, do not like the current microtransactions that are present in the game. ( i’d rather donate much than literally being able to re roll and select. perks, select soldier through accademy, straight up buy upgrades ecc… just bleah. i simply do not like to give the ideas that those microtransactions are " fine " to devs ). and since the cosmetics are not available yet ( which i’m all about for free to plays games to be honest ), my options are actually limited to contribute financially for this project.

and to dive deeply about what things are wrong i’ll take as example the germans premium squads. one of the main nation that i started to play and i still somewhat enjoy:
( no hars feelings towards russians or americans squads. but i’m half kraut after all so…) majority of others nations squads aren’t that different from the german ones. so for sake of semplicity, i will not talk about other squads of other nations but germany. ( i hope everyone can understand this )

The Model:

as stated as before, i do like the idea and type of premium squads that are present in enlisted. and how they comes in enlisted.

so when it comes to modify the premium squads, there are a few things i would change.
such as what they offer, and the composition. instead of the same class over 4 soldiers…
But i still think that the soldiers within this squad SHOULD NOT be Stripped of their weapons, nor the soldiers they come in default. those should stay as they are.

although, i would like that players have the ability to " upgrade them ".
it would work like vanilla squads, where if you want to upgrade them and include more soldiers, you have to play with the squad in question and research the upgrades of adding troopers through a normal tech tree. this one will be a bit more faster because we are speaking of a premium squad after all. but makes every squads more user friendly. and put at rest the complaints. ( as long they do not break balance of the game at the point where it becomes a meta ) once again, as they taught me, should still remain about sidegrades.

and that is basically it.
premium squads should offer a different gameplay style, or try new things for veterans and everyone.
not being something worse or better.

but before talking about my suggestions on a " practical level " i’ll start by analyzing the current premium squads.

i’ll start by talking about what i think it’s good, what could be better, and what i consider being the " bad ".
in style of: " The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly "

without further do let’s go back for a second:

The Good:

Personally, when it comes to premium, i look for something that is unique, have nice cosmetics and generally, a side grade that provides a different gameplay. just like during CAT and CBT we were told about premium squads.

and a few good examples can be:

• 31st Tank Infantry Regiment

this one, is actually amazing.
i expected this pack to be more " expensive " for what it offers:
A custom skin for tankers and an additional " newer " tank ( with a skin ? ), 4 already upgraded soldiers, somewhat of a skip tier that is not even overpowered or under powered?

S i g n
m e
I n

really amazing.

not my cup of tea world war one weapons, but The mp18 squad and the label squad comes with ww1 weapons and people actually like them. they have their charm and their reasons to exist in enlisted. and that is all.
above all, not crazy in terms of prices compared to many others but will talk about this later on.
weather for the Panzer t38 t, it’s once again a nice sidegrade ( although, not without it’s history that i like less ) with a reasonable price. and what the reason why those squads are good, is because of what they offer.

the reason why i like those squads, is because of the cosmetic.
those are by far the best cosmetic in this game ( in my opinion of course ). i would buy them, but i don’t know if i’ll be able to use their cosmetics on other units when customization will be a thing.
but if what i have written above will be a thing, then i’ll take them for sure.
still, a good squad for those who likes captured weapons and good looking uniforms.

this is not really a premium squad, but for 4 euros, you actually get good stuff.

and this is absolutely great.

now, it’s time for the bad section:

The Bad:

now, let’s talk about what i personally ( and i think everyone else thinks about the BAD Premium squads )

the squads in this matter, are not " wrong " in terms of what offers, but their prices:

i personally thinks that all squads are amazing ( especially the ones that comes with special weapons and unique cosmetics )

But once again, the prices are not justified:

( Coll uniforms and i guess the weapons as well. but not for 48 euros )

( 47 euros for 9 soldiers made with a G41 variant and copied and paste cosmetic from the mg squad plus normandy helmets? )

( 30 euros for a different color of trenchcoats, captured weapons, and get 4 soldiers? )

( 40 euros for a plane that you get relatively earlier? )

( 34 euros for a squad bike with 3 elements ? uniforms are cool, no doubt. )

( standard cosmetic and okish rifle for 30 euros? )

and the list could go on with similar prices

And lastly, the Ugly category:

i really, really DON’T understand.
this is not trying to be a rant post as stated before,

but you encounter those Overpriced ( much more than the one we covered before ) and i’m really struggling to " justify " the price. i cannot see anything good with it.

such as the:

again, i don’t hate those squads ( outside the panther, airplanes, and PZ IV J )

but honestly, what’s the matter?
Anyone with the same ammount of money, can invest it in a battlepass, ( which are 10 euro ) and buy premium ( with another 10 euros ) for a total of 20 euros, i can get that said panther/airplane or something even better than a PZ IV J Commando ( for berlin ) from the battlepass gold order which would take me less. and save alot of money and needles troubles.

surely the crew isn’t better, but you don’t need a good crew to perform well in one already upgraded tank.

the biggest affront in my opinion is, 60 dollars for a panzer IV when with the battlepass i can obtain a PZ III J.
but in general, 40 dollars for just one squad or a singular unit it’s not convenient at all.

just w-why?

or those other squads that cannot be upgraded to at least fit more troopers 40 dollars as well?

what is wrong with the inconsistency of prices and huge differences?
why the other are cheaper and offers the same ( if not more in some cases ) of others squads that are much pricey and have less?

and this is upsetting because some of those squads are interesting. but i can’t get them because those are unfairly and unjustified pricey. like, if at least i know i’ll be able to use their cosmetics on other squads, i could somewhat get the 20/30 bucks. but i can’t for others.
so it is fairly expensive for no reason what so ever.

so i guess i’m done " moaning " and allow me to present what people ( or more, I ) would expect for 40/60 dollars:

My Suggestion

now, as i said at the beginning, i do think that premium squads plays an important role and has such potential. and here are my thoughts on how i would like them to be and eventually buy them.
and the end of the day, it’s all about selling which covers a main role as well of this game due to finacials and logetivety of the game for those who still likes to try new experiences like my self.

just like someone said better than me ( and actually supports more than me i’d say )

but what we currently have, it’s really hard to buy one of those squads ( outside the good ones mentioned above ) due to not being very " though out " in gameplay perspective. and what offers.

anyway, i thought about 3 types of new premium squads,

• One Unit ( like it is currently for singular units/squad)
    can depends from 10 up to 20 euros ( depending what’s inside )

• Packs:
    those offers usually two units
    can differ from 20 up to 40 euros

and lastly,

• Bundles:
    bundles are the " larger ones " which offers multiple units
    and can go from 40 up to 80 euros ( or even more )

so, with this in mind i’ll make a few examples:

One Unit/squad

( Examples: )

the reason why i would like to see them in enlisted it’s because they are an excellent side grade.
they don’t have the best armor, meaning that they are not overpowered and decent weapon to pen each vehicle they face.

for example, the first variant linked above is capable to pen T50s turret’s mantlet with APCR ( default projectile for the vehicle according to wt )

Pros:
Good Penetration Capability
Great Crossroads capability
Relatively Fast Compared to other tanks

Cons:
Light armored vehicle
Open Top Crew
Fixed Turett

so again, an option for different play styles and try something unique that is not too powerful and not that weak either.

Premium Flame Squad type II of the 216th infantry division

( the reason why i putted legos, it’s because it was a bit easier for me as i
can’t spend all my time behind photoshop which as you can probably guess, i’m very new to it ) although their uniform should look like:

( and yes, i’m awared that i made a little upsi since flame troopers cannot carry a backpack )

Packs:

packs can be made of different units beneath the same faction branch, or have different units of different faction in the same campaign:

Bundles:

bundles usually include two or more squads that has skipped equipment and usually comes with slighlty better or combined equipment:

this bundle includes 2/3 squads, it really depends from what devs decide how to implement mechanized units ( and mainly, IF they are going to be a thing)
comes for berlin with a Tiger I, an halftrack Aufs D with 1 machinegun, and a panzergrenadier Anti tank squad.
they seems " stacked up " but again, what’s inside justify it’s price and after all, nothing that a panzerfaust, a T34-85 over berlin or a single bolt action rifle cannot handle.
( plus, those are advertised over berlin so… soon or later, they will come )
and with this bundle, gives you alot of " goodies " and be somewhat of a booster for a fairly price of 80 ( or above, depends from the devs ) euros. with lots of cosmetics which includes a variety of “Custom” backpacks, pouches, skins, decals, decorations, uniforms and camo.
when customization will be a thing, this pack should allow you to wear those uniforms to others units, and camouflage/decorations to other vehicles. the reason why those camouflage for tanks " looks " ugly, is because technically, it’s trying to simulate last ditch effort camouflages based on the surroundings. grey because of the normal steel paint, brown because of the dirt, while the green because of the few vegetation present ( which in some maps vegetation is present )

similar to the berlin one, but for normandy.
once again “gives” more cosmetics options, decals, uniforms and a “stable” artillery squad with an iconic Tank hunter.

and the list could go on, but i’ll let the players make up something for their favorite nation and discuss what they should like.
I’m well aware that the current system that i mentioned would imply more work, but i think it would give more reasons to buy premium if they contain cosmetics option that could be used for other units as well, and premium squads that can include additional soldiers instead of the same generic, limited and “boring” presents.

i should have mentioned this before, ( or perhaps i did ) cosmetics within those caps can be obtained in different ways. shouldn’t technically be limited ( or actually they can, it’s up to devs once again ) but could be obtained though an in game market or something regarding skins.
This, is probably not a “Definitive” solutions. it’s just a suggestion and a personal view on the matter from me. devs don’t actually have to copy and paste. i’ll be happy if devs can make something out of it, and perhaps understand what players want. cheers. that’s all.

now, i’ll let you make your own squads for your favorite nation.

24 Likes

this post was long… more than expected. but i worked on it for quite too much…
well, either way,

more stuff:
( i’ll add more when i can )

4 Likes

The price difference between some of the squads is just ridiculous.

Gajin really needs to calm down with the prices because at this stage it just looks like a scam.

7 Likes

to be honest, i’m ok with prices.

but not for what they offer.

1 Like

Phew,this is real cool post!Finally,not just “Ayyyyoo return to CBT test squads!”

Very Interesting squads (especially Volksgrenadier company and the Leibstandarte SS bundle)

Finnaly normal weapons in squad,like Kar98k,panzershreks,STG,smoke grenades and other stuff.Berettas for shaw,STG-s for a pro.I wish all the commuity post’s was like that

3 Likes

Thx Erica,very good post.And Cool pic’s

2 Likes

some of the prices are okay some arnt

Yea like this

4800 gold for this…i was honestly expecting this weapon to be unlockable in the early campaign levels.

Well,the squad finnaly look’s like airborne
:DDDD

1 Like

well, i suppose it’s time for you to actually make some sort of description or picture like i did, and post them here.

so hopefully devs will see what players want.

after all, as i written above. that’s why i made this post in the first place.

i do not make the game all by my self.
that’s where the community plays in.

offtopic: when they add the STG-s and Panzershrek,i will give my soldiers a normal,historical weapons for my soldiers,not the FG-42’s.)

1 Like

If they make squads like yours,i will buy it,lol

Finnaly,some good ideas

I bet they must cost…1000 gold\750

i mean, doesn’t have to be like the one i made.

as some of them might not really be balanced. i don’t know.

i just made an attempt to make them historical accurate ( plus, see some of them i would like to play with )

glad you like them :slight_smile:

well, it depends.

i would really like that:

will follow this.

but i ain’t a manager.

although, that guy should be somewhat fired.

i don’t get how someone thought that making a squad of a panther cost 29 euros and a panzer IV J 60 was a good idea.

( considering that for 10 euros, you can buy the golden panther … )

1 Like

hmm I’ve already been making a few suggestions regarding a few things always time to make more though.

You mean like the shotguns being fixed ? they haven’t done that and we have been wanting it for awhile now ^.^

as stated above, let’s focus over one thing over time

yes sir!

Well,i mean that 1000\750 is cheap,players will buy it,and it won’t be stupid to use or OP,and that is cool.More money for devs.Yea,maybe not much,but regular enough.Perspective devs,perspective!

Your type of squads already balanced enough for me,and btw - players can give to prem squads everything they want (not ofc weapon,put pounches,mines,grenades and other stuff)

Yes,btw,better make it cheaper: The Enlisted is very expensive for the English speakers,imagine how it cost for the Russian Speakers,lol.

Cheap-flexible-normal armed-not OP squads - is the goldmine.Devs forget about perspective!

2 Likes

Eh, I support pretty much everything in your post.

+1.

The only thing I’d add for premium squads to be similar to regular squads is the removal of the 4th star rank cap, and allow to reach 5th rank, even with grinding.

Edit: I love the lego squad :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I have a question - they’re gonna back all soldiers that we lost in academy?:DD I waste in there too many good mens,who was in my squads since first lvl’s

Devs reading this be like:

:moyai: :moyai: :moyai:

Does this premium squad really give us the opportunity to use the pz 4 j driver machine gun?