Weapons and vehicles of the next update

Yeah, because back then we haven’t the only tank with decent penetration behind paywall. Of course, I am referring to Firefly.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the super pershing was eventually premium, lmao.

1 Like

still doesn’t have enough for KTH btw

I fear they might add the jumbo Pershing as a premium.

That’s because super pershing premium wouldn’t be necessary if firefly was good enough.

All I want is Super hellcat. I would be glad even for premum one.
I honestly do not care about Pershings that much.

2 Likes

Jumbo Pershing (T26E5, not super Pershing) won’t have the firepower to take on the KT from the front. And would be impervious to KT’s gun, would be fine.

Jumbo Pershing can survive a tiger 2. And it performs great in war thunder against tiger 2 h at close range.

But I am sure people with skill issues will complain about super hellcat being bad.

Without APCR, T26E5 should not be able to go through KT’s frontal armor.

My experience in war thunder says otherwise. But again German players are super brain-dead.

2 Likes

That’s why I would be okay with it being premium. Casuals wouldn’t care since they wouldn’t get it anyway.

1 Like

Anyway, I doubt that we will see T26E5 anytime soon, it was built in 1945 but after the end of the war.

Exactly the same case like StG-45 which was completed by Americans after the war.

2 Likes

I hope darkflow won’t add things from after the war. But at the end of the day as long as super Pershing fires the first shot properly tiger 2 will always be dead. And the same goes the other way as well.

The memo recommending 10 conversions was sent 18 January 1945 - that’s well withing DF’s strict historical criteria…

2 Likes

Can Japan get this Type 92 machine gun? It is modeled after the Lewis machine gun, with a large magazine of 97 rounds and a good anti-aircraft sight.

9 Likes

Actually apparently all production vehicles were completed prior to teh end of WW2!

See Heavy Tank T26E5 - Tank Encyclopedia

Heck even 1 T29 had been made by the end of the war…

3 Likes

This is taken from the War Thunder wiki:

https://wiki.warthunder.com/M26#Combat_usage

“Against a Tiger II (H), this means aiming for the turret right side if he is looking directly at you on the gunner side. However, the M304 (APCR) has some good uses; more heavily-armoured spots such as the Tiger I and II (H)'s turret front, and even the flat frontal armor of the Ferdinand and Jagdtiger, can be penetrated fairly reliably. Thus it is advised to take at least some M304 rounds for these more heavily-armoured targets.”

So, either the War Thunder wiki is lying, or you are incorrect.

APCR round has less post pen effect. It will need multiple shots to kill the Tiger II (H) while it will be one shot by tiger2. Its armor is also not great for the top tank of a country.

At least this would do a major help to the mixed factions which would fix accuracy to a level faction wise, also would make many Tunisia players happy to at least return to our beloved desert.

Also does not mean one day historical mode is implemented which would cut the physically impossible tanks.

1 Like