We need better maps (The end?)

ah yes now delete all this things from this topic

Fedorov Avtomat and body armor confirmed

I know it has been confirmed,
it was present in Berlin test but I didn’t have time to test it

For fedrov avtomat

2 Likes

depends on how you look at it.
body armor would be visible compared to the invisible vitality perk, so you can react to it.
it also would only protect a small part of the body.
And depending on how it is introduced, might not be as effective as vitality perk either.

I already have 3 non-premium soldiers (1 is assaulter) with vitality perks so they can be obtained without paying real money

My opinion is reduce the effectiveness of vitality perk and give free body armour so we can have less p2w

Now, please can we get back to the original topic?

After how long of playing?
It really is effectively pay to win if you can just buy your way into 4 vitality perk soldiers

And vitality perk is such a giant issue that it effects all aspects of the game, including maps. If the map is juuust open enough for a sniper to consistently get ONE shot off onto any soldier trying to cross a certain area, vitality perk soldiers can get past there, while normal soldiers cant.

Similarly, the manor map gets absolutely dominated by premium soldiers.

1 Like

words left unspoken: as such, map design needs to reflect this and leave open areas either big enough to hit two shots, which would make it too easy for MGs etc to annihilate everything, or not big enough for either, as then at least both premium and nonprem soldiers get treated equally, at the cost of snipers being useless.

Ive said it more times but ill say it again
What were devs even thinking when making Manor?

So many complains about meatgrinder and yet they give us an even bigger meatgrinder

They probably delayed the OBT because they werent even planning on changing the maps until players got seriously pissed off

1 Like

funny enough most of its issues could be fixed by moving capture point B into the courtyard, which would become near impossible to cap unless you work toghetter and have tank support, while also allowing someone to go through the entire manor to the A/C points to back-cap.

Meatgrinders are as much the fault of the playerbase being braindead as it is map design.

Like I’ve pointed out with the monastery invasion, the attackers can get inside from 3 different directions but opt to just keep bum rushing the front gate instead.

And I can see this being easily implemented
One cap in the centre of manor, other two in trenches around the forest.

Will force players to cooperate and trees can provide some cover

Because the overall design draws you to the front gate. There is only one bridge, right in front of it. No makeshift bridges or anything

1 Like

But Monastery invasion is balanced

Other maps will force even the most clever players to constantly die
Manor being one of them, you can camp as long as you want but your team will lose because capturing zones is like jumping into meatgrinders

And off course

Even the best map in Moscow is a much bigger meatgrinder than D-day

Because D-Day is a marvel of level design
verticality, sightlines that get interrupted at certain places to only allow limited fields of view, flanking routes that are both hidden but obvious at the same time (trenches forming paths), etc

I do agree there is something invisible that made D-day playtest special.

For example, I could have very little deaths despite always being in front of MG-42 fire and my bots felt like they get more kills.

After some testing, I figured out Enlisted bots work much better on long range than on short range.
On short range, they just get confused and die.

That’s why I decided to reupload this Topic thinking Enlisted game is much more suited for open combat (except Lone Fighters)

It’s not that D-Day is super open, actually. most sightlines get interrupted quite strategically by a building, or whatever

That’s what I love about it,
Not super open but open enough to be workable

In D-day I could use Snipers but still be effective

In chateau le Bosq, we had only 3 houses and a flat field but it didn’t make the feeling of being too much exposed

What’s the third direction?
-Gate
-Hole in wall
-???

Maybe he was referring to the smaller gate next to the big one.

But imo smaller gate is even harder to go through

1 Like