Ussr squad: Partisans

How about a new unique squad for the ussr: Partisans.

A 5 man squad which arrives with:
1.) Random class-specific main weapon from a list of soviet and german weapons, rather low-mid tier. The weapon is randomised for each spawn.

2.) Even the spawned classes could be randomised: only rule, must contain minimum 3 different types of troops.

3.) Spawns outside the regular spawn point system, but to a random location on the map: rather towards the enemy arrival direction than your own spawn area. preferably inside a building and with a certain minimum distance to enemy squads and spawns

You’ll end up with a weaker, rather unpredictably equipped squad which could be nonetheless quite fun.

9 Likes

It could be a good substitute for soviet paratroopers.

Though I’m 100% sure devs will just give us normal paratroopers because asymetry is boring.

2 Likes

I think USSR should have paras, seeing as they did para ops in eastern front as well.

This would be a pure-ussr squad though, so no balance for ze germans.

1 Like

Well. The Soviets had paras and sometimes even used them like paras.

6 Likes
  • though generally rather unsuccessfully :sweat_smile:

Got saved by cav…with swords :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, apparently I need to read some more.

Better spawn them with captured German stuff. And actually partisans did a lot of job so there might be up to 9 of them as those are regular fighters

1 Like

I think they used a mix right?

I thought a smaller squad size would be a bit more fair vs the regular squads. Also representing the generally lower relative combat power of partisans vs regular troops.

lower number
Random weapon, which might be crap like premium PPD

Cool idea. Why then not wipe out supply box of regular paratroopers to make you feel the difference? Actually there were hundreds of thousands of partisanic squads, often led by NKVD and cooperated with regular troops. They did significant impact (well, like in previous wars also) on German supplies and morality. fame of women like Kosmodemyanskaya proves it

1 Like

I’m not proposing to have a supply box.

Unless there were tens of millions of partisans, a squad size of of 5 should be plenty.

Would happen in the battle

That’s fine. Though my understanding is that most of that impact was through sabotage, attacks on logistics, ambushes, etc and not head on fights with regular german units.

So at the end it’s just bunch of bad armed meat in low number which will have outdated scrap (otherwise deutch mains will explode forum with complaints) and must fight Germans face to face. Nice idea. Actually under cooperation i meant that they did not just random damage, but coordinated attacks with high quarters so it would be like you have shooting mortar at your back

1 Like

It’s potentially badly armed meat in low numbers

that would spawn without any warning in positions where they might be totally able to flank the enemy, depending on the map and game circumstance and without a spawn point

This is a huge benefit.

I personally find the GERMANY SUFFERS whining irritating, but you are bitching about a non-existing unique mechanic and argue that its too weak. Which is, if possible, even more lame than what the other guys do.

Unneccesary.
1)partisans operated mainly
at countryside. Forests and swamps.
2) they avoided direct confrontation against german army.
3) partisan units absorbed and recorporated into red army when red army retook the region where partisans were operating
4) they generally relied on hit n run tactics and harrasment pf enemy supply lines.
5) There were no partisans after 1944. Germans lost most of their occupied territories. There were no partisans at berlin, breslau or königsberg

3 Likes

You stated yourself that this squad will be weak and randomly armed, also randomly spawned. I already may say how it will be in practice with such settings. In 1/3 of battles they will cut off newbies, landing at their back and doing damage because of theoretical skill of owners. In 2/3 they will land before Patronentrommel and catch bullets with their faces. Moreover if they can’t make constant significant damage, they will only feed enemy as Soviets lose reinforcements faster. So basically this will only increase tension on forum

Partisan squad ought not be some elite squad, it’d rather be some volksturm analogue, but with explosives specialization.
Also USSR should get some plain volksturm analogue - DNO/People’s Militia Divisions with random unique outdated weaponry.
And if i were a dev i’d think of restricting outdated weaponry to “militia/partisan/rearguard” squads and making these weapons have flaws in comparison to mass produced ones.

How about this?
When the manpower of the attacker is reduced to 0, all players who cannot be revived can get an additional team of guerrillas, and the guerrillas use the low-level weapons configured by the system
This will be regarded as the attacker’s last desperate stand.

Some kind of overkill feature. Though i’d like seeing smth like that implemented in Berlin for germans, maybe for japanese in the Pacific theatre.
This absolutely doesn’t work for the Red Army in my opinion.