Try out the reworked matchmaking

I honestly didn’t think this would make as much of a difference, but I think it’s largely down to not having low BR players accidentally bringing crap lineups to BR5 etc.

Either way, it does seem more competitive!

Just need better QOL for presets etc. I’d like a lineup for each BR, but don’t have enough squads and changing every squads equipment around with the current preset options is a real chore.

2 Likes

Why can’t we just be shown the number of players waiting in the lobby for each BR and server just like War Thunder? Seeing the player numbers often influences which BR I choose to play in WT and would in Enlisted as well.

4 Likes

The need to give bonus xp for underdog faction.why are MMing rules different for axis Br3, compared to allies and Japan, what is DF doing, I want our +/-1 back on all sides. Now reverted back to my usual BR5 for Japan

1 Like

BR 3 and 4 are sooooo much better off without 5. Actually feels like WW 2 :smiley:

move down some of the unused BR 5 stuff and we are good :slight_smile:

5 Likes

4 isn’t free from 5 just yet though :thinking:

But when it does…

My favourite weapon, g43 semi, is right there…

Can you fix EU servers ? sometime ping is 230 or 350

Even if match times much longer, you should avoid bots in matches as much as possible. 3 players vs 10 players matche is completely waste of time.
As others have mentioned, BR5 should be separated.

I have made the mistake of getting only one of them - though, I dont think they are better than BR2 SMGs, they just feel unique and fun to use at BR2.

1 Like

If you’re going to make it even harder now to play a semi-realistic match at BR5, you’ve got to update Premium paratroopers to allow weapon swaps so they can have their battle ranking lowered and be used in the Premium Slot.

The Soviet Event Paratroopers prove it can be done. For the 506th Paratroopers, all you really need to do is restrict the 100 round Tommy to only be usable by the Paratrooper class and it will be restricted from being swapped over to Assaulters.

All these changes to devalue Premiums make it less and less likely that I’m going to trust you to make them worth the purchase price. I don’t know of a solution to Premium Assaulter classes to prevent premium weapons from being floated to other Assaulters, but the Paratroopers have an easy solution that should be implemented.

Even under these conditions, if there are not enough players due to an unpopular country or BR, then the matchmaker will simply create a session according to the classic rules.

And that is precisely the problem. If there aren’t enough players, bots are simply used to fill in. If you have matches with 50-70% bots, you can’t win in most cases. Unless you are the absolute overpro. What do the players who play all nations do then? Right, they go to the nations that win, which is even worse in this game because you can choose your nations from battle to battle. As I have suggested several times, a simple solution would be to at least not let the team that plays with 50-70% bots go down in the ranks, regardless of the awards. I realize that this problem will always exist but you can at least try to work on it especially since my suggestion would not require any exp boost or silver boost. And until the problem above isnt addressed the new matchmaking system is largely useless.

By the way, at the moment I gratefully accept that I am currently matched with the Tier V equipment against people who roll into battle with a Grant, I’m happy when they go up in flames against my King Tiger and then are too stupid to bomb the tank in a suicide action with a plane.

You get fucked both ways when you get a bot team. Even when you outplay the enemy team your bot teammates take 10+ squad deaths before you’ve even made it to the third objective.

Maybe give them slightly a lower ticket cost. Also, take away the bots’ dumb 4 man premium squads and mortars that die 3 seconds into their frontal assault. They should only spawn rifle, assaulter, and machine gun squads. At least that way they’re more effective at distracting the enemy.

2 Likes

To make the factions balanced give a bonus to the players of least popular faction, give a bonus for choosing any team and try and ensure MM is +/- 1 only like you have recently.

3 Likes

too long didnt read

1 Like

Has this match making testing finished getting some very strange results for Japan, as br3 get 2-V?
Axis seems ok BR5 gets 4 to 5
Allied br2 gets 1 and 3,
Soviets br4 get 3 to 5

It’s everywhere, just remember that is a soft rule and if there not enough players at the this time, session will be created by classic rules.

5 Likes

What do you mean by “not enough players”? What is enough players? 10 on each side? I do not understand why you have to do this. I do not think it is good idea to let M1 Garand to fight with FG42 II, just because you need “enough players”.

Just keep both sides have same number of players, that’s enough. If it does not reach ten players, 5v5 is OK.

2 Likes

Damn, can’t wait to get rocket spammed by P-47s with my BR3 Japan lineup again since everyone is playing US with the T20. To be fair i’m not even surprised, that bitch be a lot of fun.

EDIT: so in other words the +/-1 BR is now the main MM and the old +2/-1 BR is a backup one. Is that correct?

Yep. Soft rule and classic one.

4 Likes

MM is trying to do so, but i doubt anyone would want to sit and wait for 5 minutes to find a proper game with that (home, work, 25 minutes to play one battle before going out, a lot of reasons). Sometimes accidents and +2br might happen. That’s why we have Soft rule (±1 when we have enough players in queue and ±2 when it’s not enough at this moment)

1 Like

Some people are willing to wait 5 minutes, if that means they don’t have to deal with too high of a BR difference.

I would like some transparency about this softrule, like do you know how exactly it works?