Try out the reworked matchmaking

Commanders, we are starting to test additions to the rules for creating matches, which will result in some battles being created with opponents who can differ from your Battle Rating by no more than one! You can read about the rules of the new system and the testing conditions below.

DYNAMIC BR BRACKETS

Currently there are 5 different Battle Ratings in Enlisted and players can get into BR 1-3 or BR 3-5 matches, depending on the BR of their army.

We are adding a new “soft rule”: if there are enough players in the queue, matches with a narrower BR spread can be created: BR 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5. In other words, we are doubling the accuracy of matchmaking!

In order to make this new rule more efficient and more likely to be applied, the maximum time a player can wait in the queue will slightly increase - so the matchmaker can gather enough players to start a battle with a narrower BR range.

Even under these conditions, if there are not enough players due to an unpopular country or BR, then the matchmaker will simply create a session according to the classic rules.

ABOUT THE TEST

Matchmaking is server-side, so you don’t even need to update the client. Just play and share your impressions, and we will collect your feedback and analyze the results.

There is also no need to redo your army lineups. Everything else will remain unchanged, and in case you forgot, we have a detailed video about BR.

During the test, we may change the logic of this new mechanism or temporarily disable it for technical improvements. After the end of the test, we will definitely tell you about the results and the decisions made.

79 Likes

This is it, comrades, for today.

38 Likes

I couldnt be more happy!

25 Likes

e643d79f-897d-48b4-85c9-5ee7ac1f514c

22 Likes

Will there be anymore important announcements for the rest of the week?

it would maybe be nice to see the BR of the map at the beggining of the match, ie BR 1-3 or 3-4 for example, so we know were actually playing in a reduced que or not.

Otherwise, fantastic news, hope this change stays

15 Likes

BR 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5

A step in the right direction. Still, there is no reason to not seperate BRs entirely. Game has enough players, proved by the zombie event, and seperating BRs totally would reduce frustration of new players. IMO.

16 Likes

Finally +/-1 BR spread?

9 Likes

Great news!

5 Likes

Just to be sure, We are agree if I have soldier team with a mix of squads BR1, BR2, BR3. Even If I have only one BR3 weapon in only one squad I’m considered like a BR3. And so I can encounter or a BR 2-3 match or a BR 3-4 match (but nothing in BR1)

Is a soft rule if there are enough players otherwise is still the old one, still a good improvement for sure

2 Likes

Yes

11 Likes

But remember, old queues are still present as told in the news

7 Likes

Now just increase the chance of the new map for Soviets vs Germans and I can play it and go take a nap
Tyvm regardless
This should be a nice change especially if it can fall back on the old logic if need be

That’s exactly why I had prepared presets for all BRs! :purple_heart: Finally.

4 Likes

Comrades, always reading your feedback and passing it to the devs to thinking how it will be done it most good way, rn we come up with this change. I hope everyone is happy with that change. Please leave feedback on updated MM system in this topic.

32 Likes

WEEI!

hyped

This was my wish :pray:

6 Likes

Bro no way i can finally use my br3 line up? hell yea

question is it active now? or still in development cause i was in a match

2 Likes

It’s live right now (Do keep it mind it’s a soft rule)

16 Likes

tl:dr based on equipment power br2 is the worst to play right now and br3 is the best but let’s see how soft the rule is