TLDR of the 1000 word post and my take

Effective combat range.

9 Likes

Tanks in the greyzone only prevent infantry from reaching them, not other tanks or planes.
Tanks are easily countered by planes with bombs/rockets and other tanks, you just have to use them.
The issue is not where the tank is, it is your team’s coordination and teamwork. A competent team with at least 1 attacker or fighter w/ bombs can take out any tank in the game

4 Likes

To not get flanked and destroyed by infantry ?

But also because a tank can fairly easily get a lot of kills from long range while minimizing its exposure to danger (both infantry and tanks)

Anyway, I don’t really see the relation between anti-kamikaze and grey-zone, because as said earlier :

You don’t need to crash into the ground to land a good bomb on the top of the tank.

9 Likes

Just because you or I can do it, does not mean others can

F2P players can only bring one vehicles, and tanks are considerably more fun if played aggressively, guess what most players bring

Because the track armor doesn’t work making explosive pack ( EP ) over powered. Until tank track armor work properly and act as spaced armor against EP it is a terrible decision to drive a tank close to the capture point.

Mostly noobs are the ones to complain about the grey zone tank because they can’t 1 shot it with the broken EP.

3 Likes

the most important thing to understand here is that a perfect solution is not possible, as the problem consists of too many heterogenous factors. so having a half way working solution that reduces the intensity of the problem is good enough and further complaints arent necessary.

before working on solutions, its essential to first quantify how good possible solutions can be at all, otherwise people get lost in impossible tasks.

1 Like

It is not possible, so we need people consistently coming up with new solutions and fixing new problems along the way.

pure BS.

1. it is “unfair” only to select few players who abused suicide cycling strategy to get easy no skill kills.
  2. grey zone campers are are as killable as ever.
  3. no payload fighters are actually more useful after this cause it forces CAS planes to actually stay in the air so fighters can get them.
  4. fighters were only useful against suicide players if they spawn camped air spawn(another abuse) and even then they had questionable efficiency. fighters that werent spawn camping were practically useless in preventing suicide players to deliver payload

how to fix something that isnt broken? grey zone tanks only protect against det packs, not against:

1. planes
  2. other tanks
  3. rocket launchers
  4. AT guns
  5. AT mortars
6 Likes

yeah the Game has Attacker Planes with payloads for exactly this situation, can’t believe how this is even a part of that topic, Greqyzone camping can be dealt with since we have both Infantry, Tanks and Air in this Game.
to be locked out for plane slot after wasting your sides attacker is only fair and a good solution

2 Likes

Suiciding is how the mentally challenged deal with gray zone tanks. Takes more skill to pull out of a dive safely than to just crater your plane into the earth while also putting bombs on target

Idiots just need to figure out how to aim and what pulling back on the stick does

few ideas:

Stronger at guns, maybe even some placed randomly on the map, with ap shells only so the players using them don’t become the campers themselves.

Rocket artillery that can be called in the gray zone, but it only damages vehicles while aiming in said gray zone.

Tank shells/mg fire does zero damage until leaving gray zone.

1 Like

If a player is going to get butthurt over enemy tanks, they should bring a plane. That’s just how it is

1 Like

kts are basically unkillable by us tanks, m9 bazooka hardly does anything close range, at guns do nothing, us does not have at mortar. As for planes, f2p players can choose one vehicle and they are going to choose a tank, since it is more fun for most people

Or pay up, which I eventually did, and I am pissed to do so,

Not everybody is high skill, and people have to start some where

Nah I complain cause they’re filthy cowards. Mobility abuse > gray zone abuse

yes whole tank gameplay is all about US vs KT so whole game should be designed around it.

ask for APCR/APDS shells. firefly and jumbo can frontally penetrate KT. also you can always pixel hunt on commander cupola with any 76w.

ask for better rocket launchers. i am big proponent for fixing m1/m9 penetration values and am also asking for introduction of either m20 bazooka or panzerfaust for US and japan.

high caliber AT guns soonTM

lots of people(including me) have been supporting idea of either default second vehicle slot or purchasable second vehicle slot for ingame currency.

2 Likes

That’s 100% on you. I have bought a grand total of 0 slots and 0 (useful) premium tanks or planes. I’m an infantry gamer anyways. Vehicles are less appealing to me. When I was playing early on I used them things for troop transport. An armored discount Assaulter dispenser as I’d just roll up to objective and jump out

That being said, I usually take a plane for them pesky gray zone tanks I can’t just M9 to death. However, every so often I’ll take out my Pershing to give it another attempt (it sucks) and the 105 for some good ol HE abuse. That’s a decision I make and live with the consequences of. Everyone else needs to make that decision for themselves. Be useful to the team or be a burden doing next to nothing (which decision is which varies)
Simple as

Bad idea. Tanks are meant to fight at long distance:

2 Likes