The Tiger 2 is toxic

You are wrong, it has been buffed because it was weaker than realistic stats.

3 Likes

It was always ~135mm pen point blank and could always kill the Jumbo through the MG port regardless
Even across the map
You sometimes had to give it a few shots because of dispersion though
But you were safe since M72 solid shot does fucking nothing unless it hits your ammunition

1 Like

Where does that say anything about the PzIV specifically
Thatā€™s just their shitty overpressure mechanic which is very spotty and has been since they made it in War Thunder
Quote the actual line please because Iā€™m not skimming the whole page for it

Buddy, Panzer IV was struggling with the 75mm non slopped KV-1 armour before that patch.

Learn where to aim?
I OHK Tiger I from the side with M72.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t mention any of the tanks that got fixed.
That is why I quoted Shivex since he had tested the update.

Thatā€™s a feature of Gaijin games since the KV turret has rounded armor
You railgun through the ufp since the rounded turret is :crazy_face:
Same reason you have to be careful hitting the Pantherā€™s mantlet since any rounded spot is a blackhole most of the time

What?

Yes
You have to hit the fucking ammo to do it since solid shot provides no post-penetration fragmentation

Okay so it was pretty much a lie saying it got buffed like that
Epic
Thanks for clearing that up

that was the 4F2/G not the 4H/J, i say this because they have different guns

2 Likes

And even then the difference between the two is pretty marginal
The IVs in Stalingrad suffered more from the maps and being glass cannons

1 Like

All panzer IV long guns suffered from these issues if I remember right.

1 Like

i can not say since stalingrad only featured the kwk 40 l/43 while 4J has the kwk 40 l/48 but i can say is the 40 l/43 could easily cut the through UFP of KV-1 before the pen increase

But, it DID get a patch. I remember because I was so happy it finally worked WELL (not just okayish) against t34s.

The canon did not perform as it should have and so, it received a fix a while ago. (It was just one line among a hundred in a big update and Iā€™m too lazy to find it :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Thatā€™s odd because I never once noticed an issue penning the T-34-85 in Berlin with the IV J
I used it up until the merge as well
The penetration on the long 75 on both the early long one and later always lined up with what I expected from WT
Same experience in Normandy as well using the prem IV J from when I bought it until the end
It performed exactly to expectation

Now if you were to bring up the Pantherā€™s gun bouncing all retarded on the T-34-85 Iā€™d have to agree lmao
It and the horrible rocking is why I stuck with the IV J

And again, I never remember a patch specifically buffing the Panzer IVs beyond generally polishing up tank v tank in general if anything

1 Like

You are welcome to think whatever you like.

You are more than welcome to post the patch notes, my dude

i like how no one complained about the T-34E when that had a far better frontal armor than KV-1 :joy:

I did :sweat_smile:, DF was lazy and did post any information.

Well, I did.

Itā€™s why back in early Berlin, I cheesed my way with t34-85.

First EVER Berlin match with reds, I scored 14 tank kills, using the SAME t34 without dying :slight_smile: pz4 kept just dingging me and I lazily aimed center mass.

I ran out of shells so I killed the last 3ā€¦ with HE.

Was that ridiculous :sweat_smile:

Also I found it thanks to the other link!

Itā€™s the same thread, my memory still works :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

the only toxic thing is the stupidly implemented BR separation.
BR5 vehicles are perfectly ok against each other, but need to be separated from all other BRs.

Perfect Enlisted:
BR 1 & 2
BR 3 & 4
BR 5

Anything else is straight up nonsense.

2 Likes

Only USSR vs GER

US has gotten left aside with majority BR IV gear at best shoved in V
M2C, Jug, 1919, and M26 being what actually belongs there

Thankfully it looks like theyā€™ll be brought up to snuff in small arms and armor
Hopefully this next patch

prove me if iā€™m wrong , but there are still heavy bombs , explosion pack , TNT charge and anti tank mines that could easily destroy every tank easily

2 Likes