Testing the "Guerrilla Warfare" update

If matched up against decent pilots, sure. But I just feel like that has the potential to be really abused against new players I guess.

another reason it’s br1 and not higher:

hunting tanks or apcs, is the ONLY thing that plane can do. it doesn’t even work well vs infantry, and it cannot hunt down other planes as it’s possibly the plane with the worst handling of the game

a BR1 comparison:

granted it might not pen as much
 but it pens anything at it’s br
 and even higher as all German tanks have very soft roofs.

It’s FAST.

it maneuvers wonderfully, so it can also dogfight like a champ. it’s powerful.

Duck
 can only take out tanks.

It’s what I keep saying. there’s more than the canon barrel to set up br. For ONCE, the Duck is at a correct br

but the problem is seen elsewhere, like for the marders which should never be br3. In fact, almost all TDs should get lowered by 1 safe Dicker and Su76 that already got lowered to a proper br. Imo, ofc.

5 Likes

Paid plane isn’t a fair comparison, but yeah you make a fair point. Ultimately though I think it will just suck to play against for noobs in tanks at low BRs, even if for experienced plane players it’ll be easy kills.

2 Likes

What’s your favorite IL2?

I know, I usually hate using premmies as example.

mmmh let’s take a wothy br 3 plane then:

or

(both are so great I can never decide which I prefer
)

Can the Duck compare to this? :sweat_smile: There’s nothing those IL cannot do. They erase tanks. They can dogfight to a degree (other CAS planes) and they can delete infantry to boot.

Is the Duck equal because it sports a 75mm? :thinking:

4 Likes

Marder III have a much better gun, 138mm(151mm for III H) penetration APHE. Other hand two examples you gave are both premium squads, their penetration is less than 100mm, M8A1 only has AP shell.
Marder III in BRII will be overkill.

Those 2 marders have clogged the tech tree tanker 2 sqd too much

@James_Grove

To developers:

Thank you for finally adding a TT Australian squad. The uniforms and shotgun are great.

However PLEASE add slouch hat or digger hat and make it an option for customisation across squads.

1 Like

And get sniped?
No thanks

Agreed, I want Australians with slouch hats or digger hats. That’s mainly how we identify them AS Australians.

2 Likes

mate, you missunderstood me.
I mean use STRG / CTRL like with all other tanks where the commander looks out of the tank. I don’t meant this to be permanent :wink: So you can decide like with all other existing tanks if you want to use it or if not

1 Like

that’s a fair point and tbh with you I haven’t recognized, that the penetration values exist in the new enlisted ressource data.

yeah, that wouldn’t be fair for the enemies. I thought that both beauties have less penetration. my bad.

Reason why Marder is Br3: They sold the Pz.Sfl.Ic at BR2, which is essentially a pak 38 50mm on track. So the Pak40 75mm on track is Br3. Cause money.

1 Like

but they also sold the KV2 premium that is seemingly the same as the upcoming TT KV2 except for coax MG.

That the same as selling the premium jumbo but it have sandbag and stuff in the front

I think the Marder III and Marder III (H) should be downgraded to BR II, after all, these two things are obviously unreasonable to be in the same BR as the Panzer IV tank.

5 Likes

Test server is using Battle Eye anti cheat it’s not optional like with current version that sometimes use EAC or sometimes BE but mandatory change.

Since I put this in the weapons of the new update and not here I’m gonna copy it all here and add even more stuff I noticed.

I don’t know if anyone noticed this yet but I’m gonna put this here.

The exchange rate is 1:50 free RP, a good exchange rate at least in my opinion, unlike before when it was 1:100

But now a few things:
Could the Aussie guerrilas get their Slouch hats in the appearance catalog? With ALL other British appearance options since now they appearantly have the US ones.

I also have a few observations to make:

1. The German Partisans ( premium, TT and most likely the event ones) should get their Volkssturm armband removed in every campaign other than Berlin

2. The Soviet partisans get normal army tops when equipped in Stalingrad even though you can buy the “partisan” jackets in the appearance catalog.

3. The German low BR paratrooper squad doesn’t show in the tech tree nor in the shop so you can’t try them, look at them or even look at their price (if you were supposed to see them on the test server).

4. The blue checkmark to show that the squad is maxed out is smalll but nice detail.

5. why do the guerrilas “civilian” suits look like this in the apppearance catalog?

the same thing goes for the paperboy hats in the lobby:

and if the stars align you also get them in other armies:

Continuation of the things I’ve noticed and what I’d like to see:

1. marking of the partisan grayzone-playzone
    right now you don’t even know if you’re in the GZ-PZ, so I propose to mark it on their maps with a simple one-way “criss-cross” (I don’t know how it’s called) pattern like this with the same translucent gray as the rest of the inaccesible areas. Just to make it a little bit more clear.

1. Artillery selector wheel
    this is very nice even though I’m used to clicking “R” 3 times to get to the rocket artillery.

1. the Killzone around enemy infantry spawnpoints should be increased by 33%, if not more since now it’s LAUGHABLY small

2. The guerrilas should get ONLY 2 mags at most (e.g. 35 + 175 on the MP-719 (r) and 32 + 192 for the captured MP40)

And the “best” for last

3. The damage of the German PPSh-41 obrez

4,1? Really? the TK-1926 has more damage. But now for more “fair” comparition even though it still is a pistol. The TT 1933 has more damage than that while having a barrel of approximately the same length. The only thing it has going for it (the German obrez) is the 35 round magazine and rate of fire while being outclassed by ZK-383 in everything else 
Darkflow, did you make that obrez this bad on purpose?

why is there a 0.6 DMG difference between the German and Soviet obrez when the Soviet one has
    the same barrel length with the only difference between them? is that the Heat shield, flash hider and compensato doing it? But that wouldn’t make any sense, would it?

8 Likes

All factions of the BR II have high firing rate howitzers, which is a nemesis for convertible vehicles, so the Marder has no problem with the BR II.

why marder III is in tier III, doesnt make any sense

2 Likes