Tanks need a major visual overhaul

Darkflow!

It has been more than 2 years since I posted this in suggestions

Yet most of those ideas/critiques are still to be implemented/addressed.

Now with The Merge we have a whole new set of issues to fix:

Make tank camo adaptive to the biome (even WT has this). My Pz IV shouldn’t be grey everywhere.
Once again, over a year ago:

We need this to work automatically just like the soldiers customization currently works:

At least make these camos unlockable ingame, you can’t sell “tan” tank skin after merge anymore.

At least before the merge tanks had more or less proper colors in each campaign.

Then, once again, we desperately need basic tank markings!
Why do we have them on planes and never on tanks?

Lastly, bring Preferred Map and Undesired Map concept back.
It was a great initiative that was for some reason tested without BRs. And the Devs probably put a lot of work and time into researching and assigning them already. Why let it go to waste?
Pz IV J is currently on BR III, so it gets to Stalingrad, despite being produced from 1944 and Stalingrad battle ending in 1942 - early 1943.
So by adding Preferred Maps we can ensure that it doesn’t appear where it never could and doesn’t sore the eye as big and noticable time travelling vehicles tend to do.
Yes to Normandy and Berlin, no to Stalingrad, Tunisia and Snowy USSR homeland (ex Moscow).
Instead you can take same BR Pz IV F2 or G and use it in Snowy USSR, Stalingrad and Tunisia.

(ps pure anti-history gang comments shall be instantly invalidated)

27 Likes

2 Likes

Man, i wish at least decently automated hull MG. Autofire turret MG when outside tank would be cherry on top but DF do what it wants

You already can move your commander around inside the cupola if the tank allows it, and Shermans do have a small amount that the periscope moves independently of the turret, although this mainly just lets you see before you aim faster. Being able to move the periscope completely independently of the turret would be cool though

I think friendly fire need to be add and random spwan point for aircraft as well. Remove the friendly icon for tanks so people need to add paint on their tank in order to be identifiy by friendly aircraft

Weirdly enough they did add separate hull MG ability for Japanese tanks since that post, but never retrospectively to any others

They should allow the same level of autonomy to the Bow MG gunner that they do with tail gunners on planes. This can be nicely tweaked for accuracy and effectiveness within the existing solider ranking / perk structure.

So as soon as a solider enters the visual angle and range of Bow MG they should be auto engaged by the RO/Assist Dvr with a certain level of effectiveness.

This would be a most welcome adaptation for all tankers in their fight against unrealistic levels of INF AT spam that they now faced with. In the same way that a tank crewman now has to get out of their tank and climb all over it to fix a broken module, ridiculously exposed to small arms fire and other shrapnel effects, any infantry attack on a tank should be sensibly made from the flanks or at least out of arc of the bow MG !

Let’s call it a “improvement in the skill level required to operate an infantry soldier” which is the current flavour of the patch BS statement floating around in relation to the aforementioned changes to vehicle repair.

2 Likes

Japanese tank has usable hull mg because they can use it in War Thunder.
Jagdpanther that was added after introduction of Japan tank did have the ability to use separate hull mg(also usable in War Thunder).
Interestingly, the new AC1 premium tank finally has the ability to fire its hull mg that is not usable in War Thunder.

2 Likes

I’d adjust item 3: Commander Freelook.
We can freelook, but it is weirdly stuck in 180 degrees forward. Even plane pilots can look further back.

I’m not too sure about hull mg. Might be a balance decision to not give more than 1 mg (exception being pz 3 with 2 coaxial mgs).

1 Like

good idea

i personally think this would make tanks way too aware making them too powerful, could be tested though

good idea

FANSTASTIC IDEA, they look so dumb right now lol, enlisted really need a animation overhaul

the models come from wt and dont have animated hull mgs, they would need to be remade which is extremely expensive, newer models have hull mgs but they still havent appeared in enlisted.

another fantastic idea, its so dumb to see them stuck everywhere

another great idea!

i think this would make them too much powerful, it would need to be tested but sounds good

Idk why these arent already in the game, great idea

probably wont happen since they are charging 200 gold for each skin, this would mean less revenue, im all for it though

It was horribly unbalanced with us and germany tier 1 fighing in normandy against tier 5

1 Like

Exactly. I’m saying implement it on top of BRs!
Not instead of them.

1 Like

oh i didnt understand sorry! that could be tested but i think it would create too many queues

Mate, I don’t even mean more queues.

Simply BR2 Crusader and A13 would favor Tunisia maps over Pacific, and would still play against German BR2.

Similarly, Seagull seaplane would try to go to Pacific maps over Tunisia.

Pz IV J (1944) would preferably go to Berlin and Normandy, and Pz IV F2/G from the same BR would try to go to Stalingrad, Tunisia and snowy USSR.

1 Like

Anyone who bought tank skins before, can you confirm that they got reset and refunded?

If that’s the case, that would mean there’s nothing stopping DF from implementing the adaptive camo system for free now (which would only make total sense for a ww2 game)

@ErikaKalkbrenner ?

Yes, they have been removed and I did get the golds.

Awesome.

So those who bought them before wouldn’t feel bad if now everyone started getting them automatically for free in respective maps (free and GJ are hard to match though)
(however, some might have already spent the gold again on those skins)

Which is so stupid now given that you don’t even know where you’re gonna be placed and your white camo tank that you planned for Moscow will stand out like a sore thumb in Berlin

No, I bought some of them back lol.

yes to everything,

no to:

stop clinging on false hopes / points that never have been valid to begin with when talking about enlisted.

it’s just pure nonsense. or rather, as shown and seen, didn’t worked the rule on matchmaker.

and just like your previous thread regarding your self made " roadmap " which there are good points, historical accuracy simply isn’t the place for enlisted default matchmaker.

and never will.

Well no wonder, they “tested” T-60 vs Pz IV F2 and PPSh-41 vs MP-3008 with their “preferred maps test”?

Obviously it would be a fail, and same as pre-merge.

What they should have tested is BRs + some preferred map preferences

It didn’t work for 2 reasons.

1. Equipment that were available in specific map wasn’t properly balanced.
  2. not enough queues.

It could work, but not the way devs chose to do it

1 Like