Suspending Early Access on Steam

Let’s say you have the German paratrooper squad and you wanted to change the camo from the outfit + helmet, I believe thats 16 orders for one soldier so thats 96 orders to change all 6 soldiers for one campaign. That’s nearly 300 orders to change their outfits for 3 campaigns. Add in extra if you want to change their head models for each campaign too. I checked in game, and its almost 2,000 gold or $20 to change the squad cosmetics for ONE campaign.

I want your opinion, do you think that’s NOT extreme? How are we supposed to customize BR3 soldiers who are going to appear in Moscow, Tunisia, Stalingrad, Normandy, and Ardennes?

@James_Grove There’s a big reason why I’m making a fuss about this, because the current implementation is truly flawed.

3 Likes

Ok but when has the appearance thing NOT been buggy?

Like I do. Bit by bit. Campaign by campaign. Pick the ones you care most about/you want the change the most and gradually change them. I HATE the default American look in Normandy. I think the bag on the chest looks stupid, so I changed those first. Then Merge happened and they all reset of course and I ain’t dealt with it a whole whole lot since
You don’t need to do them all in one fell swoop

No, because I like to have my squads have matching uniforms, it costs at least like 70 orders to dress them up for one (1) campaign.

1 Like

Pre merge old customization system was good actually never ever experience the thing where my soldiers face wouldn’t appear at all. They should really incorporate that idea people mention where we would have season tabs and we just select like example winter outfits for bulge maps.

1 Like

It doesn’t change the fact that buying the same outfit multiple times is a ridiculous thing. We should be able to just create a “winter” outfit that gets used in Moscow, Stalingrad, and Ardennes. Would that not be convenient and better for the user?

2 Likes

It’s close to the same thing with Campaign selection. Plus I’d imagine there’s different items for say, early war winter (Moscow) and late war winter (Hurtgen Forest)

Well, no, I never noticed any difference in the cosmetics between Moscow and Ardennes. If you have proof they are different, then do show me

1 Like

Well, as i said that’s why we giving our more these orders in events.

1 Like

Lol. And I just said something bout that. Look, I’m not a Kraut player. US has like 1 winter Campaign. “Seasons” is the same as “Campaigns” for me because you have summer desert (Tunisia), summer jungle (Pacific), summer green (Normandy), and winter (Hurtgen)

Yes similar to campaign tabs outfit but it far better than buying for like 4+ campaign tabs where one could have outfits designated for like 3 season tabs that common occurrence in most games

Again, the way cosmetics as a whole are implemented is still flawed. Having to purchase the same coat multiple times for Moscow, Stalingrad, and Ardennes is not satisfying for the user. The process of soldier customization needs to be more streamlined. It is not necessary to have 6 campaign presets for German soldiers

1 Like

Well, still better than vehicle customization. At least you are not forced to have winter/desert camo on all maps.
Which is especially problematic with premium vehicles that can’t change camo at all.

3 Likes

Actually there kind of is
Moscow is more snow and white
Stalingrad is better for urban camo’s, so grays
Hurtgen is a lot more dead plants, so green and brown as well as some white

If you just had plain white for all of these you’d be sticking out a lot more in the Stalingrad maps. Whereas your grays stick out more in Hurtgen. So you need different color sets for different environments

Moscow has autumn maps, like the quarry, that are mostly brown. The tractor plant map in stalingrad features a lot of grey and white so white outfits would work well there.

The point is, I do not like having to spend orders buying the same outfit over and over again

Yes, vehicles should have environment presets too for winter/desert/summer categories. And APCs should have camo options too. (I hate the school bus yellow paintjob on the 75mm sdfkz)

4 Likes

Camouflage for premium vehicles… when ?

13 Likes

I just hope this is a wake up call for ppl making the decisions to stop releasing half made updates with almost 0 tests.

It would be at least one good thing about this whole situation.

3 Likes

We forwarded that suggestion to the devs but it’s all i can share for now.

4 Likes

This WAS the test I thought