Suspending Early Access on Steam

Well, they just don’t care. People just like to cause internet drama nowadays. And Enlisted is just a victim of that childish mentality.

People would still swear and review bombs anyway. Because they believe it is somehow a legitimate way to demand changes in the game.
Very pathethic.

Balance just needs to be close enough but without immersion the games become far less fun.

Seeing an experimental firearm on 1-2 soldiers per squad is a lot less immersion breaking that seeing tanks and planes that never fought in a theater/year of the map.

Also just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean the rest of the community does.
Lets take tier 1-2 tanks for example there is 0 reason to use tier 1 tanks when most of the can’t even deal with tier 2 tanks that they see EVERY game and its an actual net negative to bring out your tank when there is basically nothing you can do vs tier 2-3 ones.

Let’s go for a more specific example of both immersion breaking and unbalanced the Pz 3N is arguably the best BR 2 german tank and even it struggles when it comes to killing most br 3 tanks. Soo what’s the point in getting any other br 2 tank in your lineup at that point. And yet its still immersion breaking since Pz3Ns only came into service around mid 43 which means there isn’t much reason for it to see moscow maps (heck even its came doesn’t change on moscow maps its still dunkelgelb)

Enlisted is a ‘‘victim’’ of its own development. They should have never done the merge and released it on steam as a ftp with some 5-10$ starter packs for each campaign

2 Likes

And who are you? A developer? Or what puts you in a position to say what the right course of action would be? And you’re also going to review bomb a game because it doesn’t live up to your terms?

Prime example of today’s ego-centric people who instead of not playing a game they are disappointed in. They want to completely destroy that game, just so those who enjoy it and are ok with it can’t play it anymore.

Pathetic.

Steam test was and is dumb and was doomed to fail while also dooming chances to make a proper steam release.
Nobody will pay more than 20 shekels for bug testing and shitty tanks plus copy+paste.

Yeah Not like those with Stockholm syndrome who wrote threads about evil review bombing that took them hostage.
Thats far less childish and pathetic and clear sign of being mature and not dramatic.

Yeah How dare they to express their opinion.

Who are you to question Adolf Hitler? What are you? A politican? A artist?

If everyonr who is not satisfied with the game not playing it, you would have even less players.
But yeah just keep saying it until you wonder why the bots are back en mas.

Why should they? The devs seem to be doing that just right on their own.

2 Likes

Yeah Or they could have added 10 more campaigns. That would have doomed the game far faster.

4 Likes

I think so too

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

• Steam has a test branch. Where players can request access on the Store page of the game to join the test. Meaning you, as developers can grant access in waves to as many people as you want. You can test the Steam client, without asking your playerbase to pay for it. Example of a random game using this feature

███████████████████████████████████████████████████

If you keep coming with this stupid argument over and over again I’m wondering if you two are being paid or something for this.

4 Likes

I don’t quite get it, though. What does some test branch have to do with selling the privilege of being the first to use the Steam version?
:man_shrugging:

They could have tested it on steam and seen all these problems before it happened and start selling it as an official thing.

And they could have sent the alpha testers in 1st to see if everything’s OK and make sure everything worked

1 Like

Well, that kinda doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

We have account merging issues and things not working for some people and first impressions are very important so they could have gone with that instead of just an official release

1 Like

Well, I didn’t experienced any issues whatsoever. And I really can’t verify if there was a problem. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if these players just screwed up something due their incompetence, didn’t admit it, and now are just acting like it didn’t go well from the start.

As he said already new players should not be testing or finding bugs in this game or the broken BR system and when people spend money they expected to buy a product which is functioning not cursed.

2 Likes

Quite obviously this was not targeted for new players.

Everyone’s been saying the move to steam was to get more players in this game

4 Likes

Well, yes, this community is full of intellectuals. I completely agree.
But I’m not talking about the Steam release in general. I’m talking about the EA for Steam release.

Early Access is a term used to get access to new games as they first launch usually.

“Early access is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles1. It allows players to test the game and provide feedback to the developer2, while the developer can use the funds to continue further development on the game”

Enlisted has been out since 2021. It’s not a new game, it’s fully fleshed out. Yes it has a lot of bugs still that need squashing but it’s not an early access tittle in the traditional sense.

The whole Enlisted Reinforced is exactly the same one people are playing on the current one. Apart from the steam deck support.

The whole steam launch prem bundles is just a cash grab that failed.

9 Likes

I was happy with the game the way it was pre merge it was fun. Now its nothing but an unrealistic unimpressive game with poor matchmaking/BR system.

None of the actual complaints with the game about grayzone camping, playable area of maps being too small were addressed with the merge and don’t make me bring up the FOMO event squads many of which are downright superior to their TT counterparts (which also makes no sense since in tt we are researching weapons instead of squads)

1 Like

10 more is a bit of a stretch. But ye New campaigns would be better than merge.

Merge is the thing dooming the game. Darkflow will say they needed to do the merge cuz there wasn’t enough players while in a different post talk about how many players they have.

They should have released the game pre merge on steam f2p and they would have gotten a ton of new players.

2 Likes