Stalinium body armor is an unfair advantage

Unique panzerfaust ? Njet sovjet must have
Unique stg ? Njet sovjet must have ak47
Unique SF ? Njet sovjet need fedorov, avt / avs

Unique sbm rockets for low BR germans in past moscow ?
No sovjet need unique stuff.

1 Like

How does that matter as an argumet when only Soviets get this armor? Whats even your point?

I disagree. F2p can get both (not slots tho), paying players can pay to get both (perks/armor) immediately.

No, I just said I highly doubt that most players are using maxed out weapons. I haven’t participated in this chart/calculation part of the discussion in any other way.

As I have said, there is many things that has huge impact on balance in way bigger numbers.

Several examples:
AT options for US/japs
Slots
Perks
Desertion
Stacks
Upgraded vs stock weapons
German legacy vehicle squads
Some specific p2w squads like MG42 early/MG45

From my perspective, body armor is literally least problematic issue out of all of them. And it does have some narrative reasoning.

terrible argument,

just because not every one has unlocked Tiger II yet, doesn’t mean it should be BR1

I don’t understand in what context you are talking about this.

But whatever, I really want to leave this discussion. I already shared my opinion.
And this discussion is definitely not something I’m any more interested in.

I’d just like body armors to stay unique. Feel free to give them some sort of reasonable debuff, like soldiers won’t be able to jump as high or won’t be able to swim. I don’t know, I don’t care.
But I just like this uniqueness. And I find it a shame to have everything dumbed down just because it has a slight effect on balance in already pretty unbalanced game.

No one said that shouldn’t stay unique. Its just that an unfair advantage isn’t unique.

The devs could even increase the power of the armor protection - but there needs to be a reasonable twist to this.

Being able to survive one more round without any other purpose than being just that is simply bad.

That’s hard, since your “suggestion” is more or less suggestioning nothing.

I just don’t want the armor to be like any other normal outfits (meaning zero resistance, just another skin). Since this idea comes up way too often in these discussions.
I like this type of uniqueness. The other aspects don’t interest me.

2 Likes

So +30% firerate gloves for germans to mitigate this completely un-necessary “unique” thing ?

1 Like

Well okay, good point I indeed never gave any suggestion.

Still, I am simply annoyed that such unfair advantage exists.

1 Like

Would actually be pretty much almost equally strong, crazy right?

2 Likes

Yes, regardless it was just sarcasm.
The entire cosmetics giving anykind of boost is a absolutely stupid.

Especiatly for a faction that has been spoon fed thru entire existence of the game.

1 Like

you know why i dont see events as viable way to earn appearance orders? cause to finish every event you basically need ~3-4 battles daily minimum (for some players even more). do you know how many weekly playerbase play more than 3 battles daily? ~15%. you are basically excluding ~85% of population with way to earn appearance orders (probably more cause people suck and they need to play way more than 3 battles per day to finish event).

other way is to earn them is through BP which is somewhere around 100-150 appearance orders for BP season for free tier, but it is questionable how many players actually manage to grind BP for those appearance orders. to equip 1 soldier with body armor is 8 orders, for 3 campaigns it is 24 orders and to equip squad it is anywhere between 120 to 216 orders. for 3 squads that is 360-648 orders. so to get soviets equipped with body armor you need 9-15 months with ~150 orders earned per season if you grind every level of BP.

all of this still doesnt address issue of one faction having this advantage, while other do not and solution is definitely not to introduce body armor to other nation with cosmetics, cause p2w gets worse and you couldnt get those appearance orders on all nation soldiers in any reasonable amount of time.

those charts are just there to show that body armor gives range advantage. even in best scenarios for body armor (stock weapon vs vitality+body armor), it reduces range by 20-30m from most weapons. that is noticeable.

so we shouldnt even try to fix any problem in the game cause other problem exist?

made topic about this and am in favor of giving either super bazooka or panzerfaust to them.

have already suggested giving second vehicle slot to f2p players cause this is what is biggest disadvantage to them

not really a problem cause it is free and neutral

discussed numerous times and have proposed solutions on how to curb most of desertion rate

i hate them also, but any solution for it ranges from bad to worse.

only problem with this is shit economy that makes it hard to upgrade weapons. did i mention that i was for better economy?

probably mentioned somewhere that there should be a way to earn old legacy squads

why do you think i am against rocket arty right now?

correct me if i am wrong, but didnt only assault engineers get body armor? and dont we currently have assault engineer squad? i wouldnt even be against this if this was limited to only one squad and not as general cosmetics for every soldier.

1 Like

You are very right, they act as a team :rofl::rofl:

The main reason for it is that damage reduction is unimportant, but they don’t give a valid suggestion like adding body protection as a cosmetic to all nations.
That is to say, if this reduction is not notable, why not allow the other factions to have it.

In what game is it unimportant to have the ability to not die from a gunshot, with certain weapons like the other factions do?

It sounds very convenient for them.
No one has given a valid excuse for not adding it to the other factions or removing it from the game.

Their excuses are:
Almost no one has it
This doesn’t help win games.
It’s not a major problem

Some players provide statistics with real data on how they go from receiving 1 shot to two or even three and they still say that it is not important

As far as I know Adampee’s opinion is as important as everyone else’s, unless he is some kind of developer which he is not.
He just spends a lot of time here on the forum and that is costing him.
He seems like a forum police type.

GeneralBrus
Your opinion is totally relevant and what you say makes a lot of sense, I know that the developers will see it that way

No, several premium squads came with body armor. And if I am not wrong, soldiers in several tech trees squads have chance to get body armor by default. (But it could be just some visual bug, I am not sure).

Anyway, my point is that removing uniqueness of body armor is not a good thing. I would much rather see some kind of trade off debuff.

I despise idea of body armor to be just skin without any unique feature.
That would just be taking a step back and making the game dumber. With the main argument being balance, which is incredibly funny in the context of how enlisted is a completely unbalanced game.

Btw. I’ve read the whole reply, I just don’t have the energy to answer every point.

I don’t know why you are so defensive in your arguments, considering that we actually agree with each other.

1 Like

You telling me he’s the most sane here, compared to everyone arguing in this thread?

Eh, what a day :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You know what? Let me go crazy and actually suggest something now.

Body armor should be removed from cosmetics - and turned into a gearset specific for Assaulters - which occupies the backpack slot.

Also, since armor is heavy and bulky, it can be only used with SMGs - effectively forcing you to use it specifically as a cqc tool.

Now in order to make this work rather realistically with its real life benefits and negatives, we make it work this way:

1. Reduces pistol and SMG dmg by 50%
  2. Reduces intermediate rifle dmg (STG and other ARs) by 10%
  3. No effect on full caliber rifle rounds
  4. Occupies backpack slot
  5. Can only pick SMGs - simmilar to medics
  6. reduced total run speed by 20%

There you have it, unique, rather realistic, and a fair trade off, specifically great at countering SMGs, while being useless against rifles.

This would turn your squad into a “get into the action destroy everything and die” squad. Suicide human waves tactic squad.

6 Likes

I think your new suggestion deserves its own seperate topic, as it is going to be lost in this discussion.

But if I am not wrong, someone was already suggesting similar thing.

2 Likes

He still sends me private message trying to warn me that I shouldn’t argue with idiots.

I love this guy.

1 Like