Some glaring issues with germany

Oof.

Maybe they’ll add the Tempest to the tech tree at some point.

1 Like

Oh man…

I feel both glad and embarrassed. Glad because I got it, and it’s seriously my favourite fighter of the game. Embarrassed, because I kept saying other allies pilots how good it is and that they should get it…

I see my second favourite fighter, the G10, is also unavailable. At least there’s a free variant in tech tree that’s just as good as it.

Probably an alternative to the Tempest… In theory it shouldn’t be as good as it’s the predecessor, but good enough. True that most dogfights happen in low altitude in Enlisted, thought.

1 Like

Not quite as good, But for all intensive purposes will do the same thing. Very nice in warthunder

Typhoons are super solid and can punch up, and possibly lower BR

one with quad cannons and one with 12 x 7mm (works pretty well when you have that many)

2 Likes

It does. Sustained fire from that melts anything over time. Hurricane in Tunisia proved it well :thinking:

1 Like

Yes they are very good dogfighting planes, but they are absolutely useless once you are done with the enemy planes, whereas the best (and most of for that matter) US fighters and bombers all have bombs or rockets to use once they are dogfighting.

1 Like

It’s not available on the site right now, and I missed it, big sad.

1 Like

Are they?

You assume that, at the tiers you can spawn them, USA isn’t trying to spawn a single p47 or p38?

We both know it never happens. Don’t be of bad faith here, USA LOVES it’s cas planes, and there’s always some to be found.

Also, since there’s a big amount of canons (and sometimes a 30mm) on those fighters, they can strafe.

2 Likes

I guess, but every time I try even after watching guides I never get any kills. But around half the matches I play where there’s a P38 or P47 there’s a hurricane or P51D that continually bomb my team with their quite good armaments and as soon as I enter a plane I am their immediate target.

But… those aren’t bad planes, but they really aren’t as good as 109g10 or g14…

THEY should be your targets, not the opposite? :thinking:

Before I can get close to tell what plane is what, I am already under fire, and 12 7mm machine guns or 6 50 cals do quite a lot of damage, and they retain their quite large payload in comparison to their MG capabilities

2 Likes

Well. I don’t know what to say but:

• practice, practice, practice.

I myself am not a good pilot since long. And know here I write “good” (for Enlisted standards), and not “great”. I’m not an ace yet, far from it.

When I started practicing 3 years ago, I was SO BAD thar enemy pilots didn’t even have time to shoot me down, TREES got me first (still do when I badly assess my dives after switching types of planes).

But I kept practicing.

And now I’m confident enough to say I’m among the good ones. I actively seek dogfights. I PREFER fighter planes with often few to no bombs over powerful CAS planes.

I am alright at flying as well, and every not those dang trees get me too. But just not having a payload for me kind of defeats the purpose of the plane after the enemy planes are gone because you just wasted some tickets if you are attacking and if you are defending you are leaving your incompetent teammates to be slaughtered, but that’s just the typical enlisted experience though.

Ah.

Yeah, the team.

There’s nothing to do, sadly. Almost all the time, I hop into fighters when the team seem going decently and the enemy becomes presumptuous with cas.

Then, my team stops performing and stale. It’s like I can never fly and must always carry…

But that’s a bad mindset. If your team is bad, then it’s bad. You want to fly, then fly.

Flying is also way less frustrating for me against an impossible enemy along a very bad team: at least, I dominate somewhere, the skies. (Then they get pissed and build aa)

1 Like

After our discussion, this evening I decided to give my ol G10 a go:

No bomber formations here. Just some p47, p38, and p51. one p38 managed to pierce my oil tank when I was tailing a poor p47. With my wreck dangerously beginning to be hotter (and less maneuverable, was quite orange…) and evaded for 45 seconds til I got the upper hand and got to his 6, downing him in one salvo. I then resumed in a Focke (But it’s REALLY not adapted for low altitude).

Axis fighters are lethal I tell you.

2 Likes

Sounds rather like you are approaching them head on. instead maintain your spawn altitude for a bit and fly off to the side instead of straight at the play area. Can almost guarantee enemy pilots will always fly straight from spawn to play area in a gradual dive, especially when most of them are rushing to blow their load.

All you have to do is spot them, then its a Simple matter to drop in on them. You really dont need to see what it is to engage them…just dont approach head on and give them the chance. The only chance a p-47 has is in a frontal engagement. You dont have to give it to them 9 times out of 10 (even a Ju188 can pwn a p-47 in a dog fight)

During the Christmas event, there was that mission with destroying 10 vehicles. I played Germany with the G14 (which is not even as good as the G10) and I could complete the mission in one or two games if facing the US. US players are just focused on droppping their bombs making them easy pray for the 109, but people don’t want to use them.

3 Likes

their loss. Some of my highest scoring games have been pure fighters that no one wants to touch.

Like the Spitfire VC and the G-10 (between cas spam, para spam and the odd radio bomber spam…its just easy points)

1 Like

18a106b40a223fc879260c601df42de3

6 Likes

Speaking of.

What are your thoughts on the K4? I’m thinking of maxing it. Doesn’t have phenomenal armament compared to g10 & 14, but it’s engine looks rather capable…