Reworking old locations

Careful, hot take here: How about making HISTORICAL ACCURATE MAPS FROM REAL WW2 BATTLES AND LOCATIONS?

Some maps can be fictional creative, i don’t mind that, but atleast take the historical accuracy serious.

4 Likes

i wanted to.

but the tools available for terraforming are awefull :confused:

5 Likes

Would it be possible to do Peleliu instead?

1 Like

hardly any of the maps are historically accurate except Stalingrad and Berlin

haven’t thought about that.

but we can recreate ( ish ) rising storm version of pelieu.

( i think. outside the river, river tools are not accessible to us modders either… )

1 Like

One thing that I’m not on board with is removal of AT obsctacles on the beaches. Not only were they providing some cover for the attacking side, but they added to the atmosphere.

1 Like

realistic like jumbo and regular shermans on beach of normandy? ffs at least they should be dd tanks. realistic with german tank divisions on hills overlooking landing? although they had loads of AT guns and artillery. with battleship support shelling german positions? with very limited aviation support from germans? are you sure you want “realistic” gameplay?

game shouldnt be realistic (unless pve). it should be balanced.

sure if you want historical accuracy then you should want naval artillery that can destroy bunkers, no german tanks, very limited german CAS and allied to axis player ratio being 3:1

1 Like

The heat map and certain comments really make me think about the “Just flank, bro” comment.

6 Likes

as long it works :smirk:

1 Like

Maybe because flanking is for meta and ahistorical whales?

1 Like

problem with flanking is that you still need “main” frontal spawn.

I wonder if the HEAT map is including bots.

Its funny to see nearly no purple in places I like to go lol

But removing steel hedgehogs will not improve balance, as they serve as some small protection for tanks and infantry :ghost:

When I play tanks in this map, I always found it ferking annoy…geting funneled into pretty much one alley. (that fills up with the wrecks of new tankers)

It looks naked now, more available angles…Just have to see how it goes.

1 Like

well idk how it will affect overall balance, my comment is more on those who want “HA” and “realism”…

Noooooo, I still want to Sherman the bunker

No I’m talking about the sandbag MGs up the hills

I shell them too

2 Likes

Do you think you could get the mountain ranges while doing the RS1 Peleliu airfield?

2 Likes

Based and grey zone pilled