Reworking old locations

I want this guy designing the maps instead!

2 Likes

yeah that’s just dumb

1 Like

Can the level designers put some effort in to Tunisia as well?

Particularly Kahif Cave Village or whatever it’s called. That entire area is just awful.

I don’t know who originally thought having giant holes in the ground be the objectives was a good idea, but clearly they were smoking crack.

Kahif has two huge flaws:

1. The attackers Artillery the hole, killing basically everyone because the AI are stupid and just sit out in the open of it.

2. One team gets a tunnel to enter the objective in a more safe manner, and the other team doesn’t, creating a very obvious imbalance for that particular objective. Every single one of these holes as a tunnel for one team but not the other. It’s stupid.

Couple of other points:
-Tanks can’t even see the actual objective lol.
-For some reason you can capture some of the hole objectives from halfway up the adjoining tunnels, but again only one team gets these tunnels, plus it’s not for every tunnel, just a few of them… why?

Please completely redesign the Kahif Cave Village, it’s urgently needed - it’s just so bad.

4 Likes

nice to update old maps, but you made Normandy WAYY worse.
Add back all obstacles and hedgehogs to beach, it’s supposed to be filled with anti-tank and mines and all manner of obstacles, and they help when as infantry making your way up, providing cover AND limiting movement as it should be.
I’m sorry but Normandy you did shit job at, go back to drawing table, redo and do right

2 Likes

yeah that’s THE worst map in-game, the worst is when you get confrontation and two retarded teams that don’t build spawns and just bot zerges and you just go back and forth mid point, OR if both teams actually build spawns and it’s even worse and you just end up running back and forth. it’s stupid
It can be very much boring and infuriating sometimes

1 Like

Glad to see Stalingrad receive some love

Please add the one or two missing iconic buildings and monuments to that map

2 Likes

girl*

but thanks :slight_smile:

i have others designs too :=

like, battle of the bulge:

some screenshots

or… some custom smaller designs:

custom tower:

custom soviet Town hall:

( looks a bit weird as it’s currently flying because i made some underground tunnels and what not )

japanese artillery small outpost:

japanese small hospital:

Small Allied HQ

was planning to recreate spartanovka, but the size is too much to be lunched and reached a point where my pc couldn’t even open it lmao. so i halted for the moment.

but perhaps… i’m " showing off " too much.

don’t want to come out as a jerk or being better than devs.

after all, they are the ones to thank for for most maps.

even though, sometimes they fall short.

10 Likes

1 Like

Asking a favor, can you make an Iwo Jima map?
Would be awesome if you could.

MAKE STALINGRAD MORE BELIEVABLE BY ADDING IN THE OUTSKIRTS AND THE APARTMENT COMPLEXES AND THEIR HUGE PILES OF RUBBLE

17 Likes

You will make them jealous, you should work for them because your maps look pretty nice

6 Likes

2 Likes

Careful, hot take here: How about making HISTORICAL ACCURATE MAPS FROM REAL WW2 BATTLES AND LOCATIONS?

Some maps can be fictional creative, i don’t mind that, but atleast take the historical accuracy serious.

4 Likes

i wanted to.

but the tools available for terraforming are awefull :confused:

5 Likes

Would it be possible to do Peleliu instead?

1 Like

hardly any of the maps are historically accurate except Stalingrad and Berlin

haven’t thought about that.

but we can recreate ( ish ) rising storm version of pelieu.

( i think. outside the river, river tools are not accessible to us modders either… )

1 Like

One thing that I’m not on board with is removal of AT obsctacles on the beaches. Not only were they providing some cover for the attacking side, but they added to the atmosphere.

1 Like

realistic like jumbo and regular shermans on beach of normandy? ffs at least they should be dd tanks. realistic with german tank divisions on hills overlooking landing? although they had loads of AT guns and artillery. with battleship support shelling german positions? with very limited aviation support from germans? are you sure you want “realistic” gameplay?

game shouldnt be realistic (unless pve). it should be balanced.

sure if you want historical accuracy then you should want naval artillery that can destroy bunkers, no german tanks, very limited german CAS and allied to axis player ratio being 3:1

1 Like

The heat map and certain comments really make me think about the “Just flank, bro” comment.

6 Likes