City of Stalingrad appreciation post

Have to say Stalingrad is slowely becoming on my top list of favourite campaigns.

7 Likes

Appreciated, you really gave that post some love and time. Hope a couple more maps follow in the game soon.

1 Like

Didnt read the post. Just read the start and hearted.

Yeah love Stalingrad. Great additions, Gunplay is very nice. I’m hoping it becomes the norm.

Im starting to wish your progression could cross certain campaigns though, like troops and equipment from Moscow could follow through into Stalingrad, all the way up to berlin. Maintain individual soldier stats so we get attached even more to our boys.

Great post, and as you point out the Dev’s have done justice to the ambience of both the city and the battle.
I agree with the other posters, aside from a few historical liberties taken the Stalingrad campaign remains the most representative of the historical campaigns we have in Enlisted.

As an aside and an ironic analogy of the Stalingrad battle, I had a lot of silver orders for troops and weapons saved up from all the previous campaigns from Moscow to Tunisia. I am almost 0 on manpower and I have run out of orders for weaponry, as I struggle to pour resources into the Stalingrad campaign. So many of the troops (both Soviet and German) are poorly armed and equipped accordingly. I think this is a very fun aspect of the game, and you certainly appreciate those player squads which are well equipped, and can clearly make a difference to an objective push or alternatively a stalwart defence. I really love the terror that the KV’s spread through the ranks as they soak up inordinate punishment until they’re destroyed. Eventually there will be a player with a PzIV F2 /G or the PzIIIN with HEAT rounds, or a Stuka to dispose of it. But until then they’re a terror. Equally I appreciate the Romanian aspects brought into the campaign, I would like to see a premium squad of the Croatian Legion as well, they took an active part in the fighting and would make a fitting addition to the line up.

1 Like

Wow…

I have to say I’m impressed by your work. Always nice reading this sort of post bringing historical comparison facts.

Thanks for all that! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very nice work, you are right this is the nearest to real life battle enactment we have, I am really loving this campaign, it has become my new Moscow!

1 Like

This might not be the most well-known building in Stalingrad, however I think it would be cool if we saw Yablokov’s house (later known as Red Army house) modelled in Enlisted’s Stalingrad.

Originally built as Lapshin’s house in Imperial Russia, this building was a haberdashery run by the Yablokov brothers.

After its reconstruction in the 1930s it became Red Army house, located on the corner across Univermag, one facade facing the Square of the Fallen Fighters and the other facing Gogol street, here you can see the Railway Station in the distance:

Another example of Stalingrad’s trademark ‘rounded’ architecture.

Just like many other buildings in the city, it was badly damaged by German bombing.

In Enlisted, it would appear here on the left (view from the Square of the Fallen Fighters):

If anyone is curious, the building on the right is supposed to be Grand Stalingrad Hotel:

What was left of it:

This very T-34 immobilized next between the Red Army House and the Hotel was the only intact tank of the 6th tank division on September 14, 1942, and was used as static artillery emplacement.

6 Likes

Great work with this! Hope Stalingrad will be further developed around city’s most recognizable objects within the city’s boundaries. I also hope that it won’t partake Berlin’s fate where we had only one new map, which isn’t even inside the Berlin but revolves around pre-Berlin campaign of Battle of Selow Heights, I wish we had more inside Berlin maps as I hope we had more inside Stalingrad maps. God forbid we had any winter time map of Battle of Stalingrad campaign.

Great post!, we have to give the devs much more recognition for recreating such a city in their game!

amazing post. good job

stalingrad ties with berlin on my favorit campaigns ingame. the detail on the maps make it top notch for me.

i wish, they had added more maps befor release or more levels :slight_smile:
i m waiting patiently for the pavlov house , i missed that map so much since my youth on cod1.

Pavlovs_House

one day…

also, the volga atack (literaly the first mission on cod1 )

i miss that game so much :confused:

1 Like

This is the best post I have seen on this forum. Bravo sir, bravo!

3 Likes

Thank you!

To anyone who enjoyed this, you might also like:

1 Like

Top quality post, that was actually amazing to read and analyse. Thanks for this!

2 Likes

What a great post! Thanks!

2 Likes

Looking for love of the Stalingrad Campaign as it’s favourite. Came across this… Have to say I’m very impressed with the amount of work and clear enthusiasm you have for this city and level. Well done!

2 Likes

Apparently the developers deleted it

3 Likes

That’s actually so sad.
I loved that detail.

It was really well modelled, I wonder if they used one of the last surviving Stalin monuments from Moscow’s Museon art space?

3 Likes

Devs/level designers, please add the 3 out of 4 Stalingrad monuments that survived the war:
Erman Monument in Komsomolsky Garden (behind Gorky Theater)

Gogol Monument in Komsomolsky Garden

Kholzunov monument (behind the Square of Fallen Fighters, down to the Volga)

The forth one is already in the game now :smiley:

1 Like

While the Stalingrad Full Access pack is a controversial topic right now, the city (map ) itself doesn’t cease to amaze me.

I’ve recently been lucky enough to visit Volgograd and I have to say it is surreal to be walking around and in the buildings where you fight in the game.

Repnikova House (now museum) stands exactly as we see it in the game

How many times have you run through this side entrance from Gogol Street?

By the way in the game this building even has an address plate – Gogol St., 10.

(also a nitpick here – the devs seem to have used the post-war Stalin statue at first)
but before the war the statue was different (not that it matters, it’s destroyed now in the game anyway :smiley: )

The lions at the Gorky Theater are also present (even if in a renovated form and at the side entrance)

Iron Felix momument is still there as well near the Volgograd Tractor Plant

The ampulomet is also displayed in the Stalingrad Battle Museum

@SnowieW send level designers my regards :wink: and hopes to see Red Army house (left) and Grand Stalingrad Hotel (right) at the Fallen Fighters Square

4 Likes