"Replacement" tanks to balance vehicles in battle

For added information on this mechanic:

It’s not going to be an “additional slot” for tanks, it’s just an option players can choose to get a tank that more resembles the BR of the battle they are in.

For example, a BR III US player, playing against an Axis BR V tank player, can spawn in a BR IV (not V) tank. Same with a BR 1 player, that may get into a BR I-III battle, sees a BR III tank spawn - they can spawn in a BR II (not III) tank.

Essentially, this change will reduce the BR difference from 2 to 1, only when necessary and when it appears in-game, in an attempt to make battles in terms of tank combat, and ways to combat tanks, a bit fairer. It does not automatically give players who haven’t grinded to the highest tier in that battle a free highest-tier tank - there is still a 1 BR difference.

Little Q&A:

Q: If a player brings a BR I tank to BR III-V game, what happens then?
A: The BR I player would not be given the option of a BR IV tank. This is because it’s rare when this should happen, due to the research requirement for tiers and BRs on the tech tree.

Q: Can you give us more information on which tanks you will get?
A: Currently, the plan is for each nation to have a specific tank as this “replacement” at each of the BRs II and IV, where this mechanic takes place. This will be to ensure it’s used more against other vehicles than against infantry, so players cannot abuse said mechanic to fight infantry only. The exact vehicle for each nation at each BR is still being decided by developers - we will let you know closer to the update!

Q: Does this affect aircraft?
A: No, it only affects tanks for now.

10 Likes

Do you think a player whos in a BR 5 match with a BR1 tank is going to know how to gray zone camp? And also what do you mean unearned, for a start we dont even know how the tank will be selected, and its not like they get this tank forever. Not to mention if anything its just encouragement to newer players to keep grinding and join the later ranks.

SInce this update concern tank,
Can we add (requesting crew to manned) and (requesting repair) in the pie chat,
(if possible a seperate one only for vehicke user)
specially in the pacific for japanese which have exposed crew, usually dies leaving a intact tank/vehicle
so i need to rush to the tank after respawing
i once manned an EMPTY INTACT IS 2 WITH THE DSHK, although i didnt unlock it
so player spawned vehicle could create a marker on map when empty, and player with tool could repair.
reducing spawn point loss.

1 Like

Or the player realizes that the game will give him a free tank just 'cuz he has a bad vehicle

And why not just make the spread of +/- 1 BR constant?

5 Likes

with all that effort you’ve put into this update I guess we’re not getting proper matchmaking any time soon. eh

yeah I’d rather be playing with bots at this point

Should’ve postponed this announcement till you can give concrete examples of vehicles.
This news are just flamewar bait otherwise.

1 Like

its not exactly a free tank, since he only gets it when facing lineups 2 BR’s above him. And as now clarified, only a BR3 tanker will get BR4 tanks, and a set tank meant more to counter tanks rather than infantry. So if I had to guess, maybe something like the Jagdpanzer 4 for germans, M10 for for the US, SU-85 for the soviets and etc. Which I’m all for since those are rarer tanks to see and will spice up gameplay a bit for otherwise more neglected tanks.

Yes. But you will still actually take up the tank slot in match (only 2 are available per team).

When literally everyone will have the power to take a competive tank without even researching tanks in the tech tree. Then tank slots will become artificially scarcer. There’s a chance way more people will be picking up tanks in actual match.

I don’t like this. Since I have paid for ability to use multiple tanks in match. And this will quite obviously affect my option to field those tanks.

1 Like

If you don’t research tanks at all and play BR V, you won’t have a BR 4 tank, so that won’t really be the case

3 Likes

dont be selfish, vehicle slots should be obtainable without gold anyways.

4 Likes

I feel that in general people should use whatever vehicle they chose to bring to battle and no matter what do your duty to support the team. Sometimes I feel like playing a Panther, sometimes Panzer II

I’m still gonna use whatever vehicle I feel like :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I agree. But that’s how it is. I paid for something. And now the value is being reduced.

They should increase the number of tanks available per team in that case.

1 Like

How the P-47 against the Germans

Another update which promotes sleaziness instead of teamwork.

Take a plane and bomb (or kamikaze) a grey-zone tank ?

No. Better to rant on a forum, surely Gaijin will do his best to make a cheap game for everyone :sleeping:

Matchmaking is, and as the playerbase continues to grow, much more commonly +1/-1. This is simply by the rules of the matchmaking, this being a preferred rule. Sometimes though, as it is a soft rule, it will expand it to BR 1-3 and 3-5 if necessary, as a “fall-back”.

The measures being taken in this news are to minimize the problems for players should they enter a “fall-back” game, but having the ability to “expand” the matchmaker when it needs it is fairly important for now, at least. Who knows what might happen in future though as the playerbase takes off even more. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

love how quick the moderators have become lol

1 Like

I think a feature like this will help newer players and hopefully increase retention and player count. I hope newer player oriented features like this will be a predecessor to an actual matchmaking rework if the player count gets higher.

But other things could probably be added like a better tutorial to explain the very complicated uis and such to help new people

2 Likes

I think it’s potentially double edged sword. And it could be harmful to first impressions new players are going to have.

I still don’t see how the positives clearly outweighed the negatives.

But my view may be distorted or biased. So I really can’t tell for sure.