Reinforcements received: Tunisian paratroopers

Devs, I get that you are trying to increase your player count with these events, but PLEASE reconsider the balancing on the Paratrooper squads.

First and foremost, the ability to build rally points with them needs to be REMOVED. Its one thing for PARATROOPERS to be able to come from deep flanks, but being able to get more troops from those positions with that much ease absolutely decimates the balance of the game.

Secondly, giving a flamethrower directly to the paratroopers is a mistake. ESPECIALLY on Tunisia.

IDK who is coming up with these at this point, but I really think you should find someone else for that position.

1 Like

Why ?
What is the difference between paratroopers with flamethrowers in Tunisia and paratroopers with flamethrowers in Moscow / Normandy / Berlin ?

2 Likes

Isn’t Tunisia the only campaign with the OPAF Premium Flamethrower squads

2 Likes

Tunisia has a lot of buildings that also have multiple floors, even Normandy is not that urbanized and they don’t have open rooftops where you could shoot from. So it’s much easier to defend/attack points with a Flamethrower even tanks could have hard time eliminating your squad. Ofc there are objectives with a few or zero buildings in Tunisia or that they are separated from the objective but still it’s the best campaign to use Flamethrower.

Really, dude? Calling for someone’s job because you don’t like paratroopers?

I played Normandy a fair bit today and used paratroopers. I usually just spawned normally as I was simply trying to kill the weekly challenge for 5x games with 15 kills from XXX squad. I saw nobody else use paratroopers.

I was not very effective with them.

It’s just not that big a deal.

I thnk the 20k points in 2d is a much bigger problem.

2 Likes

I have US para squad and i would rather use Colt Monitor premium squad at least i can hit something with the sights and not die instantly after falling from the sky.

And non related to the paras, Tunisia is actually now playable. thanks to the new event not just playable but you can have fun as the Axis i can’t believe that it’s a Christmass miracle.
It’s funny how that chinese dude just left after he couldn’t breach my camping spot as an engineer lmao.

1 Like

western allies triple paratrooper comp upcoming

2 Likes

more like quadruple comp

+ new one = 4

3 Likes

I have never seen anyone make that claim other than you and Parrott.

9 Likes

I think it bugs me more that they can build all the engineer specific stuff as well like the AT/AA/MG nest

4 Likes

I certainly agree with that. I don’t think paratroopers should be given the full capabilities of an engineering squad.
But I believe that creating rally points and giving allies the opportunity to surprise you is one of the important duties of a paratrooper.

5 Likes

Paratroopers in general need an overhaul.

I will not be playing Tunisia at all during this event, this Campaign is extremely open and wide, getting to the objective is rather difficult.

Paratroopers dropping right on the capture point is completely gonna break the Campaign.

2 Likes

Great event but still no clear visible timer for the 48 hour period you’re in… Very confusing, I can see people who don’t take notes like me miss out on levels this way.

2 Likes

With all these paratrooper squads being added, I genuinely fear for Berlin, Stalingrad, Moscow maps after the merge.

Soviet paratroopers magically appear in the skies above Tractor Factory, German paratroopers fly in (from where) to land on top of Reichstag…

I am aware the general mood around these forums is “haha history is so boring let’s make non history because fun hahaha” but still.

Feels super weird to spell this out to a ww2 devs/players.

7 Likes

Devs have some plans about small overhaul/fix for them.

9 Likes

You will change transport plane to drop pods?

6 Likes

Please let’s not make this “small fix” be yet another “turn something from OP to totally useless with one simple trick”, shall we?

12 Likes

I guess that they will a red marker on a transport plane and a white circle for aiming, what they should add immediately after introduction of paratroopers.

1 Like

Nice to see you are using my hangar :wink:

1 Like

He looks like Michael de santa from gta5 change my mind