Reinforcements received: Tunisian paratroopers

the M1A1 was rewarded through pacific right?

Yup

well… yeah…

but germany had actual paras in afrika

the Fallschirmjäger-Brigade Ramcke .

although, i think italian paras were a good choice because would give something new.

not sure Sheeple understood that.

as… having 4 german paras would scream to someone reused assets.

and when devs do, they get shit either way.

3 Likes

Well anyways… Now that players are getting 3+ paratrooper squads to cycle through each match, the whole dynamics of gameplay is going to drastically change for the worse. It’s going to be a complete shitshow with chaos in every direction.

Might as well get rid of base-spawns for each team, and just have players randomly spawn into the map (depending on which area has the least amount of hostile troops nearby).

1 Like

Oh I understood it lol. It’s all about balance, so both factions get a paratrooper squad for an event reward.

i mean…

yeah.

otherwise what are you gonna give the axis?

some better rifles? or… ( actually, considering tunisia, perhaps i would have rather an actual fg even if not that revolutionary. but at the same time, perhaps the italian para were more interesting and actually unique )

so, at the end of the day, we got something unique ( even though they are using the same model of the german para with just a different skin ) a new weapon and relatively something new.

HA boat has kinda… sunked along time ago.

Something other than more paratroopers… FFS, how many other types of infantry class or vehicle-class units could have been implemented into the game as a reward?

Why do we need more fantasy paratroopers?

I guess I’m just tired of the false marketing:

This is a quote from the update from this week:

And here is a screenshot of the game description:

So if we are going by historical accuracy… we probably shouldn’t be getting a 4th/5th squad of paratroopers added to the game/squad rotation. Do you have any foresight as to what the gameplay experience is going to be like, after the merge?

1 Like

eh…

i suppose those were easier to do.

as those units have been planned from such a long time.

the para italian helmet was introduced with burning sky.

anyway.

i hope too for vehicles, and perhaps in the next major update we might get those.

i don’t see why not

i literally spoke about that yesterday.

TLDR, those should be limited to only 1 active para squad active per player, and no more than 2 active planes per time ( deploying paras. otherwise premade squds can abuse the shit out of paras lunching all 4 in one go ).

somehow i have been called hater of paratroopers lmao.

Oh if you’re a hater, I’m definitely an extremist lol. I despise the implementation of paratroopers into Enlisted. They completely f*cked up the quality of gameplay in Normandy (in my humble opinion).

1 Like

It’s simple.

Some squad types needs a cooldown to prevent you from cycling.

Flamers/tanks/planes - you name it.

It’s ridiculous to say paras are OP when they’re clearly not.

1 Like

The article just ruled out MAJOR airborne operations… so mabye there were some small scale operations without much impact.

well, i have mixed feelings.

good because they are fun and relatively interesting ( in the sense that they can turn the tide of a battle with a well placed rally in a pinch ).

bad because they are so easy to use and outright stupid.

more for the fact that after the merge you will most likely see at end tier S****s actively paradropping each time.

or, even place a rally once, go on the point, die, and directly jump back again until you capture the point with the army at the ready on that rally point.

so, at the end of the day, one is fine.

more, not so much.

They are OP in so many ways.

For starters, combined between them all… these squads are an all-purpose elite fighting unit, who have access to engineer buildables, TNT packs for spawning behind enemy tanks, High capacity SMG/MG’s for clearing objectives during ambushes from the air… They get mortars with extra ammo.

-They can spawn anywhere on the active battlefield
-They easily destroy opposing rally points by magically spawning in the corner of the map, and working their way towards the objective from the rear.
-They can easily disrupt the opposing team’s reinforcement routes

And all of these PERKS are amplified 2x, 3x, 4x… depending on whether the person is playing with a stack of friends.

What’s the point of using any other squad type, when a person has 3, 4, or 5 squads of paratroopers on their rotation?

And then you can add variables like Aircraft spamming/instant cycling
And Tank spamming/cycling.

But for god sakes, we can’t have axis machine guns that can aim downward, at opposing soldiers who are at a lower elevation (because of balance).

Day-by-day… Enlisted becomes more of an arcade spin-off, of Call of Duty and Battlefield..

6 Likes

Triple cycling paras is stupid but we will see how bad it will be on merge or if people will just learn how to shoot them down with constant abuse.

1 Like

Yeah and that just makes gameplay really annoying

But a change for paras was teased so mabye they wont be as bad.

Something needs to be done, because it’s a trainwreck in the making.

Or they decide to add glider tank drops for tetrachs just to double down on airborne operations.

Let’s just skip paratroopes entirely, and implement ODST squads into the game, with HALO jumps from 30,000 feet.

2 Likes

You cant skip what is already there

2 Likes