Reinforcements received: Tunisian paratroopers

ye :smirk:

annoying event restriction .

No, in 1h 2m.

And we need concrete dates.

It resetted exactly 20m after i posted to you at 14:00 pm GMT EU +1, i think you need learn how check time better

Then I played for an additional hour because for me it reset at 4 PM Moscow time.

Honestly I feel like these events would just be better if you had the entire period to collect the score.

For example, currently there’s 13 stages of 20,000 score each, 2 days each.

Instead why not just make it 1 stage that gives all the rewards, but you need to collect all 260,000 score to complete it… but you get the full 26 days to do so.

Because then it doesn’t have unnecessary “stages” that change every so often.
And it allows players to collect the total score at a pace which suits them. Say, if I want to go and get all 260,000 score in a day, I can - or I can just get 10,000 a day and will also be able to complete it. I might be able to do 50,000 a day but then none for the next 3 days, and that’d be fine too.

I don’t get why there’s unnecessary time restrictions (2 days) ON TOP of the already existing time restriction (26 days), it’s just unneeded.

1 Like

The business purpose for these is to keep people playing the game every day. I see why you want his, but it doesn’t meet the purpose of the event.

4 Likes

The whole idea for that is a bit counter-intuitive anyway.

Adding a “FOMO-Event” actually has more negative effects than positive. Sure, players who play regularly-enough will now log in every day for a month or so, but those who miss out on the event will return, see a bunch of people using squads they can no longer get, and just leave.

The whole idea of such timed limited events for new squads is just stupid.

8 Likes

Indeed, if you recall they stop do this from the event with the trench Gewer and thompson 20.cal, most player completed it in 3-6 days and stopped play

3 Likes

Based on what? Your feelings? If this is legitimately a stupid idea why does literally every online game have events with exclusive items like this? (Hint: You’re wrong)

Every game having them doesn’t make it right lol.
Every game had lootboxes for a period, doesn’t make lootboxes okay.
Every game had manipulative Battlepasses for a while, doesn’t make it okay.
Every game has hackers, doesn’t make hacking okay does it?

And “based on what?”… based on common sense. How would you feel if you and me were playing a match on opposite teams, and I just spawn a super OP tank-helicopter hybrid and completely destroy you? But you can’t get it, sorry you missed out on that event because your mother was dying and you had to spend that time at a hospital.

Don’t worry, because I’ve stopped using that tank-helicopter, and have switched to an infantry unit… which wears a juggernaut suit and carries a minigun… yeah you can’t get that squad either sorry, you missed out on that event too, that time you went on holiday - it is what it is.

Would you be inclined to keep playing or just go find a different game which hasn’t screwed you over?
(Hint: You’re an AH).

5 Likes

But it DOES make it good business. Do you think Darkflow is a charity? Besides your argument was based on it being stupid. As if only morons would do it.

Argument from incredulity - Wikipedia

Appeal to Extremes (logicallyfallacious.com)

Uh, we’re talking about Enlisted here. Whilst I agree paratroopers absolutely need to come to the upcoming tech tree, we have seen nothing indicating it will or will not. Finally, as to missing out on stuff from the past. Every game has that. You can’t find one that doesn’t. Again, your personal preferences aside, that’s the reality. It also encourages you to do future events. Which is also good business. Besides this is a FREE game. FREE. Furthermore, the content on offer is also FREE. You are essentially asking it to be MORE free. The real argument to make is to have events in the future that gives the opportunity to earn these things again. That’s a win win for everyone.

More fantasy squads? Damn

With exception to capturing an Island in Greece (without a shot being fired), The Italian Paratroopers were never even deployed into combat via aircraft operations. At most, they got paratrooper training, and were then migrated into elite infantry units who only saw combat when they were deployed via ground operations.

So why the hell are we getting Italian Paratroopers armed with flamethrowers, hot-dropping into the middle of active battlefields in Tunisia?

And the British paratroopers were only deployed once to North Afrika (as an air-operation), and they suffered heavily causualties (losing 16 officers and 250 soldiers during their withdrawal). Afterwards, they fought as line-infantry for five months.

But now in Enlisted, Tunisia will be forever plagued with fantasy squads that magically appear from the sky, and deploy anywhere they want on the battlefield.

Congratulations on destroying your game. Once the merge is implemented, players will have three paratrooper squads to cycle through entire matches. Who needs a rally point, when you can literally spawn ontop of the objective EVERY TIME your squad dies.

NICE JOB.
wtf

3 Likes

I don’t see the problem of unity so well Tunisia even though the unit became an elite infantry troop afterwards and it all in the regiment for info

just cause they didnt deploy in battle via plane doesnt make them fantasy squad.
also you didnt hear about balance? if allies get paratroopers, they need counterpart for axis also.

You’re missing the point. Once The Merge takes place, all the players who have both normandy paratroopers and now the tunisian paratroopers, are going to 3-cycle rotate through those squads, and exploit the ability to magically spawn anywhere and everywhere they choose.

All the p2w whales and sweatlords who resort to toxic gameplay and/or teamstacking, are entirely going to ruin the gaming experience for everybody else.

It makes them a fantasy squad if you give them a plane that they never deployed out of in an active battlefield. Let alone hot-dropping directly onto objectives despite the terrain or obstacles that they land on (without even considering their heavy loadouts).

It’s disgusting how these units are being implemented into the game, and once the merge takes place… say bye bye traditional gameplay, and hello to Call of Duty on steroids.

2 Likes

You get those paratroopers by playing the game. Event squads cost nothing unless you pay for them.

not the thompson squad/FG II squad

You don’t need it for cycling paras after merge

What’s the 4th paratrooper squad? I thought the pacific paratroopers are exclusive to that campaign (after the merge)?

Welgun, Vickers and M1A1 - all event squads which will not be tied to a specific campaign.