Reinforcements received: Tunisian paratroopers

?
Did you even read what you quote?

Paratrooper in Normandy for the 100rnd Drum Thompson is essentially a 6 man assault squad without the need to walk to the cap from the spawn…

5 Likes

i find normal squads better in a way that you can actually equip their loadout, but paratroopers better in their usefulness. you need tank destroyed? drop beside or behind him. need rally point? drop where enemy wont look/defend. need fast spawn to second cap when attacking? just drop on it. need to destroy enemy rally points? just drop behind. need to clear objective when objective has roof with holes/glass? drop on the roof and clear enemy from angle they wont expect.

they are extremely useful and i would e.g. use them more on pacific if i wasnt grinding other squads. they are mostly mainstay on my normandy maxed out squads for both sides.

although idk about scenarios of small fire team dropping into active battle, there were whole divisions dropping directly on enemy. e.g. battle of crete and battle of dnieper. both were catastrophic for paratroopers.

you need to play more solo with shit teams. when you have 1 rally point that you built yourself and enemy is quite decent with multiple rally points paratroopers are heaven sent.

i feel you there…

giving them rifles has nerfed them a lot. but even then they are still very useful, specially when you need to build rally point for new cap, or take advantage of the fact that enemy is still on old cap that is 100-150m and divided by river/sea to sneakily cap.

3 Likes

I like paras. Havent been bothered by them.

And as much as HnG paras are my thing, since I cant equip them, I dont end up using them as much as id like. Custom loadouts are just more appealing.

As much as I have been wanting the Folgore and Red Devils, they dont have the loadouts I associate with them :frowning:

I honestly never build rallies with the paras. Pretty much exclusive shock troops for me. Either removing enemy rallies, tanks or risking a near drop.

And on defence im always waiting for the guy that wants to drop straight on point…nom nom nom

2 Likes

maybe we will get italy maps too :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

hey we could get sicily maybe that a pretty important place innit?

3 Likes

it would be great
nice maps.

less desert themed.

1 Like

yea i agree with that less desert theme and more city

1 Like

and maybe more green
but i dont know sicily :face_with_monocle:

me too but from picture i have seen it look nice and not necessary an open map just a lot of building

1 Like

nice.

3 Likes

yep a nice looking place should be quite refreshing if we got it in game

1 Like

To all the Italian paratrooper hype people I gotta say
Watch out for my Thompson drum mag

1 Like

Type 100 Japanese paras are possibly the absolute most balanced para squad. The weapons crate is meh, but their stock rifles fit well in Pacific maps, making them just as effective as an infantry squad yet not too strong.

M1A1 us paras on the other hand are heavily reliant on their crate. They can get 3 BARs out of it, but otherwise they’re stuck with a carabine with crappy damage and little ammo. Probably the weakest paras so far overall.

3 Likes

Will do, thanks.

-Picks it up from the ground-

4 Likes

When the lobby is full, flanking options with Paras are less likely to be a success as the other player flanks it just like you do.
But I say other issues first when the lobby is full.

1. Massive abuse of Explosives (phosphor, grenade launcher etc.)
  2. Flamethrowers
  3. Suicide bombing
  4. Leaning for literally no reason?
  5. Mines
7 Likes

7 Likes

carbine is fun :smirk:
they should be a little bit more powerful or have better firerate

2 Likes

@ChuchaDrucha would be great if you indicated exactly when does the timer reset.

Like is it today or tomorrow?

E.g. October 8, 10, 12, etc.

Especially useful for people who don’t start the event from the first day.

2 Likes

It reset in 20m

1 Like