Please strengthen Soviet air power in the next major version update

Soviet air force is very strong. Been playing nothing but soviet airforce for the last month at BR 3.

It has “decent enough” payloads and the best ap cannon ammo in the game presently

4 Likes

against bots, yes

1 Like

Skill issue

Except i was flying them when everyone was complaining germany was stacked (including yourself) and there were no soviets…

Yall too focused on the number infront of the bomb.

3 Likes

The Americans said

I wrote this because the developers didn’t clean up THEIR EXCELLENT BALANCE MECHANICS.

Pretty sure the “balance” is not tipped in Germany’s favor rn, just sayin

2 Likes

Earliest rockets, best AP cannon ammunition in the game, decent carpet bombing.

I-15 best starter plane (better than other nations)
IL 2 punches up br 2
SU-2 Punches up and good carpet bomb br 2
Sb-2, carpet bomb, troll maneuverabilty with turrets br 1
P-40 strong fighter payload br 2
IL-2 37, devastates any tank or plane in front of its cannons…and bombs for good measure br 3
Pe-3 is a brick but is fast, decent carpet bombing br 3
Yak-9T kills anything with nas 37
La-7 monster at this altitude

Soviets are not lacking in tools at all.

The point was, was on the Underdog faction…not bot games (besides bots dont fly or tank)

2 Likes

However, the numbers represented strength and fault tolerance, as well as the efficiency of suppressing enemy infantry clusters, which was far from enough for the Soviet Air Force.

1 Like

I still use the 1941 IL-2 on BR V since it’s one of the planes with the best uptime, payload-wise.

Su-2 is more meta than the A-20 Boston that’s 1 BR above it, people pick the P-40 E-1 as a poor replacement for the 500kg bomb that Germans and US get at the same BR.
And I don’t see why anyone would ever pick a flying brick like the Pe-2 with how few bombs it has.

Yes, Soviet airplanes are underequipped by comparison and they don’t usually make up for it with many redeeming factors - especially considering that payload is the only quality most pilots look for in their plane.

And it matches with my experience, I struggle to get the airplane slot in most of my US matches whereas on the Soviet side there’s rarely any plane except for the occasional Yak.

1 Like

So let’s take a look at Germany’s IAR: with a medium to high payload, flexible maneuverability, and powerful firepower of the same level, it is no less impressive even in the BR5. Ju87r2: 500kg is enough to crush all ground vehicles (which was also lacking in the Soviet Union). Ju188: Destructive carpet bombing (also not available in the Soviet Union). BF109: Its agile body and powerful anti-aircraft capabilities are enough to crush any enemy air force (only the La-7 in the Soviet Union could barely reach this level).

2 Likes

2 Likes

I need an event ju188…

1 Like

1 Like

You do realise that all those planes you listed will lose in an air dominance fight to every soviet plane you just rebutted (exception being pe-3…its a brick)

IL 2 alone will out maneuver All of those (except 109 which is a dedicated fighter)

Payloads great and all…when you arent being sent back to spawn screen

2 Likes

No, I can use IAR to blow up one tank on the opposite side and then kill two planes on the opposite side in a row. This is the confidence that the agile body+MG151/20 gives me.

the g 5 plays perfectly, the iar perfectly knocks down everything that is on its br, the g2 is MUCH better than the il 37. the yak 9 is worse than the g10 because of the engine

I understand that it is very difficult to take advantage of a normal engine and stall speed

It’s even more cool when idiots with rbs 82 try to kill infantry and kill only 3 out of 9 people when they hit the squad directly

2 Likes

IAR cant rate with an IL 2 unless they have thrown away all their energy…been tagging them all month

You need to get the jump or you die

it is enough just to go into a frontal attack. The fighting in this game is primitive and it is impossible to talk about air superiority, except for the Americans. Here are the Americans, yes, just a wonderful nation, a very balanced aviation (no)

So your statement also indirectly acknowledges that the Soviet Air Force is not as good as the German Air Force, so please strengthen the Soviet Air Force.