News for Battle of Stalingrad participants

He will help you. Its a matter of money.

Squad slots are EXPENSIVE, if I don’t get to keep them ALL of them I will be pissed for sure. I spent way too much money on those back when I wanted to support this game and its developers.

Funny because you understand it according to… yourself.

Getting money by deceiveing customers is the exact definition of fraud.
Saying, literally: ‘‘you get this forever’’ and then removing it completely is exactly that.
What they did hasn’t been seen in gaming since Destiny 2 outright removed a DLC. It was followed by a mass exodus from a segment of players that kept the game running after launch.
Even Gaijin gave buyers of the Italian M60A1 AOS some compensation when the vehicle was altered.
And to top it off they add FOMO, a psychological pathology, to increase sales of the content being removed.

8 Likes

So you’re still stuck on the word forever. If you put it back into the context of the announcement it was quoted from, it’s meaning becomes more clear:

So in this context, forever is meant to refer to the life of the campaign. Nobody would reasonably be expected to assume that forever was meant literally.

this is certainly bad news, but i think we owners of stalingrad can negotiate a better deal with you developers
Personally, I would not have a problem with eliminating the Stalingrad pass.

but with its elimination those of us who own it be given some type of compensation with a similar value, such as a free premium squadron that adjusts the value of Stalingrad, or Failing that, a discount for premium stalingrad squads or premium tanks, I think this would be a way to encourage your profits and it would be a better deal for us

3 Likes

All these Stalingrad dudes raging. It amuses me.

To be fair, I think the extra squad slots should roll over as you DID pay for them and they can be easily rolled over.

The rest of it is just sour grapes IMHO.

Most of these people saying they will never spend money in the game again will if they don’t quit the game. And most of them aren’t going to quit the game.

The game is STILL the best WW2 shooter on the market and a unique WW2 shooter at that.

Still. Let the Salt flow. It delights me. I mean. The Game was in BETA. What’d you expect? You are also ignoring all the things you unlocked at 4X XP that you will keep.

1 Like

true.

i have 0 issues. with none of the devlogs so far. just waiting for QnA for slots. and stuff.

besides that, looks good so far.

on

the overall picture.

1 Like

The main thing you should be compensating here is the slots and grind related bonuses which was advertised and stated to be a permanent thing and as far as i know, legally, you cant just go back on that now because you are reworking the game. If nothing else then the players that purchased the pack should keep the 6 extra slots and get some form of refund (be it in E gold, GJN coin or as a full on real money refund) for everything else that you refuse to transfer over such as the 4x XP booster and pre-max level weapons and soldiers along with the upgrade discount which makes up most of the value from the pack. This radio silence is not helping at all, please at least specify how the compensation will be carried out.

7 Likes

You read the EULA? They can do this.

False advertising is illegal regardless of what they say in EULA as it doesnt override the law. It was advertised and sold as a permanent thing, exact phrasing being “You purchase the full-access pack once and get all of its bonuses forever” so no, they cant just do this. Just because they say something in an EULA doesnt mean it is legal.

8 Likes

I went through this with a Tank in War Thunder. I talked to several state and the federal agency in charge of Fraud. It was perfectly legal.

It was forever for the “Stalingrad Campaign” which will no longer exist after the update.

They’re fine.

I would focus on how you progressed a lot of the soviet TT easily with it and are getting exclusive items (after the change) out of the deal.

Or you can stay mad. I’m not gonna tell you how to live your life.

Great to know that I spent so much effort to transfer Tommy guns as a f2p in Scam-o-grad only for them to be taken away.
Guess I’ll sell them while it’s still possible.
This whole “gun transfer” thing is a huge fraud as a whole.
Never should have touched this campaign.

1 Like

Do we know if you can upgrade the guns after update or you have to upgrade them to max before the update??

1 Like

this a good question.

Gonna assume that what you mean by “went through this with a Tank in War Thunder” was a battle rating change since thats the only thing they really do, unless it was one of those rare cases like the M60 ariete losing its stabilizer. Either way it isnt the same situation at all, having a vehicle rebalanced vs having ~90% of your purchase taken away because they didnt think ahead.
Like i said the exact phrasing was “You purchase the full-access pack once and get all of its bonuses forever”, followed by “For both sides of the campaign.” meaning germany and the soviets, not “for the stalingrad campaign” so still illegal.
The focus isnt on what progress i got, its on how they sold it as permanent bonus for both sides and are now going back on that, but if you wanna keep defending the anti-consumer move then by all means go ahead.

3 Likes

Nope. Was a substantive change to the technical portions of the vehicle.

Again.

Talk to a lawyer. But they are fully within their legal rights.

It was only ever a bonus “forever” for the Stalingrad campaign. It never applied to Russia as a whole. This is a useless argument to make. The argument should be focused on is the compensation offered worth the purchase price of the campaign.

What will remain and what will be lost with Stalingrad’s full access benefits… Personally, I think this announcement is generally a fair decision.
When the 2023 roadmap was announced and I heard that the Campaign would be removed I knew that the XP bonus, ticket discounts and Stars bonus would be lost.
I would be upset too if something I bought for no reason was going to be removed, but I think the game probably has no players left. When I play in Stalingrad or Tunisia, on rare occasions, everyone is a bot except me.
I think probably the most unfortunate scenario for all of us is that the service itself ends. I believe that the campaign will be merged to prevent that, so this is acceptable.

My hope is that some, if not all, of the squad slot expansions gained from full access will carry over. And that the game will be even better after the official launch. That the number of players will increase and we can have a fun match every time. I have high hopes for the future.

I think removing the captured weapons from progression is a good idea, it keeps the factions from becoming too homogenized. They would work well as some sort of special weapon only earnable through special ways such as recurring events.

I do not agree with the decision to not transfer the slots. The slots were a major reason some people bought the pass and the fact that these will not be transferred or compensated is unacceptable.
j34zrix46uxa1

4 Likes

Don’t worry guys, we may not be able to keep our squad slots, but atleast we get to keep our…

checks notes

Shitty box mag thompsons, truely a glorious day this is