New Weapons: Land Mines

Again, the game is “realistic”: neither arcade, nor simulator.

What you see right now is mostly what you will be getting, just with more content.

welcome to the club

first time?

neither us.

doesn’t really look like one to me.

it’s getting too much arcady for my licking.
am i the only one?

War Thunder has for me, but not enlisted.

i don’t know… maybe you are right.

i guess that the overhall bad aspects are clouding my visual lately.

Does this imply a proximity fuse or a tripwire?

2 Likes

Okay Thank you for answering keofox! good day :grin:

“near” implies proximity.

I am hoping to get confirmation against that, as proximity fuses wouldn’t make any sense in the context of the game.

2 Likes

you can actually see all mines present in the game by your self.

just go in the training mission, and once you get in the tank section, hop down from the tank, and start throwing grenades.

you will reach a point where your soldier will grab anti personell and anti tank mines.

judging how they look, they all works about proximity expet the antk tank ones. as keo said, those will need to be " rammed " in order to detonate.

unfortunally, in the training ground, you will not be able to se those mines off. but it gives you the idea on how they look and what they can actually be ( if you know the real life counterpart ).

Aiming with Grenades still needs to be adjust too. There’s practically no good indicator of what your grenades trajectory will be.

you feel it in your grenade-sense.

1 Like

Which only the alpha testers really have as those are the only people who had grenade lines.

the lines are in your heart. Obtain proficiency.

3 Likes

Yeah we don’t need grenade lines, but aiming a grenade should work just like other games such as Insurgency Sandstorm and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. Where your hand is positioned in way which gives you a good idea of where it’ll land.

any chance we can see premium versions of AT mines in a premium combat engineer squad?

I don’t think there are enough variants of AT mines for such thing to be a possibility. Most nations used one, maybe two types of AT mines. I suppose you can do research on it, but I honestly doubt the idea will be super well received by the rest of the community unless they really are reskins.

Schu-mine 42
About 4-5 different models of tellermine
Glasmine 43
Topfmine
Panzer-stabmine
Hohl-sprung mine 4672

1 Like

Do you know which model is closest in power to the mine we are getting ingame rn?
I would start with that one for your suggestion, and be sure to mention the TNT loads for both for people to compare :slight_smile:

Now, the game can not able to tell the construction is belong to whom. See the minimap. Even this AA just built by me, after “spot enemy”, it’s still shown as enemy marker.
Also, now the game do not show any construction markers for friendlies. How will the game show the mines to players?
So how will the mine works? Will it able to triggered by friendlies? Also how can the enemies mark/remove without trigger it?
And WTF remove the inventory system in match??? It was such a fun feature! I dont receive any postive feedback of removing this feature from my local community, but are tons of complain about losing it and the current pick up system.

2 Likes

we had this discussion before.

if you remember, back in the alpha we had this indicator to let you see where you were aiming at.

to be honest, in my personal opinion, and staying objectivly as possible, i think it’s ok.

like, if you stand still, you character will throw the grenade at the center of your screen. while if you move around, direction will affect your stability and aim. which is somewhat accurate and does make sense.

otherwise, it wasn’t accurate having a red line clustering your visual.

but, if you think you have a suggestion, i’ll might advise you to make it. as we have newer people and perhaps more minds. this might become a thing.

although, don’t hope for a fast change even with all consens. unfortunally, as you probably already know, things tends to be really long.

cheers.