New Weapons: Land Mines

What you said left much open to interpretation. That might be a part of the language barrier, but it can be perceived in very bad ways, at least @44854715 perceived it as badly as I did.

An explosive charge in a mine is enough to lead to the death of a person or to destroy equipment in one explosion (anti-tank mine).

1 Like

If we could see british squads too then I would be fine with it since we are probably not getting dedicated british campaign in 1944

1 Like

Which way???

When a new player joins in he wants to use legendary weapons of ww2

But guess what?
He only gets to use some ww1 machine gun, obsolete MG-13, light tank and a weird thing that looks like PPSh but is not

You (or someone you defended, not 100% sure) suggested basically no downsides to MG34.

While to me, it should be at least heavier and have more recoil than the MG13 to balance out the larger magazine. And I am not sure whether this would be historical, but it wouldn’t lead to the MG34 just making the MG13 obsolete.

Keofox, I know it is a bit off topic, but did you have a chance to find out how is OBT release monetization going to look like?
Thank you in advance for possible answer.

So AT mines will act like massive IED charges towards tanks?
:grimacing:
I didn’t enjoy that at all in Hell Let Loose tbh

not true

I wanted MG-34 to be added to have the same stats as the one in Normandy playtest

The one in Normandy had punchy recoil and it was unusable when not proning

MG-13 is basically better than the MG-34

1 Like

Still in the works. We have further expanded the number of players who are eligible for testing. Recently.

I cannot answer more specifically.

5 Likes

So will it be implemented day one of OBT or not? This yes/no answer is I think the most important to most of the players concerned with the monetization systems.

1 Like

That´s a shame, I admit I hoped for a bit more detailed answer, thank you for trying tho.

Can we at least get that one simple word as answer if it is possible?

I ask once again

why add Jumbo if it was not used in Normandy?

There are other, more cool ways to counter German tanks (tank destroyers for example)

Well then there has been some miscommunication somewhere in between. That implementation of MG34 sounds perfectly fine to me.

Again, just to be clear in the future:
I am perfectly fine with any new weapon as long as it does not:

• Lower the required skill to play the game (mines)
  • End up being uncounterable (mortars)
  • Has a somewhat similar weapon for the opponent’s side (MG34 vs DP-27)
  • Does not render previous weapons of the same type obsolete (PPD(drum) vs PPD(box))

That was probably on the ‘‘nerf MG-13’’ topic

MG-13 can be used as an assault rifle while MG-34 had to be mounted to work property

2 Likes

you are not denying about it though.

which is leaving more concerns than actual answers :frowning: .

2 Likes

I think this is realy bad idea.

2 Likes

Why take time practising with tanks if you just drive the same routes repeatedly? AT mines force players to break out of predictable farming patterns, like rushing spawns or farming along main roads.

There’s skill to planting mines too. If you just stick them anywhere you won’t do much, and would have done better with an AT grenade or medkit.

As tanks get stronger, I think this is one of several necessary balancing factors to keep infantry relevant in combined arms.

1 Like

I know I’m annoying but are we finally getting bigger and more open maps

It seems you ignore me every time I ask you this

1 Like

puma will take a laugh at them.

i bet they will survive

3 Likes

And a tank or AT gun or AT infantry user doesn’t do the exact thing?
If you notice a tank taking the same route, you go counter it by ambush.
There are no mines needed for it.

AT mines are also inferior in every way compared to things like the bazooka. All they will do is be extremely annoying as you will be too blind to spot them, without really improving the chances much for AT infantry to take out tanks. So as a result, I don’t see the purpose in adding them.

Meanwhile AP mines will be the real cheese.